Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Second Global Entry Reimbursement?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2012, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Second Global Entry Reimbursement?

My wife and I got Amex Plats last year and both got Global Entry. At the time they told us children under some age (14?) weren't eligible for GE. Now it seems like they've gotten rid of the limit and children can get GE. So my question is, if I apply for GE for my daughter using the Plat, will the second fee also get reimbursed? Anyone have experience with this? (I would guess that if there were multiple GE charges all at once, they wouldn't all get reimbursed, but I was wondering if I might get lucky because they're spaced out in my case.)
Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:02 am

If I remember correctly, Amex gives up to three authorized user cards for the 175 fee. You could add you daughter to your amex account, generating a new authorized user card for her. This way, amex will see the new gloabl entry fee post on a card that hasn't gotten the credit yet. As a side benefit, your daughter's credit would benefit from being an AU.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Considering this as well. I have a corp card with one plat card (mind) and about a dozen gold cards (ee's). I used the GOES reimbursement last year for myself and would now like to get one for my wife. Does anyone have actual experience getting / applying for multiple GOES on the same, exact same, card?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by dingo
Does anyone have actual experience getting / applying for multiple GOES on the same, exact same, card?
They did not reimburse me for the second (my wife's) application. It was a few months after mine (which was reimbursed), but within a single calendar year.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 5:56 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Get Nexus - it's only $50 & it includes GE & AMEX will reimburse two, for a total of $100.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I did not see this as a benefit of the more expensive Canadian card - why not?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:03 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
I asked Amex for cards for my children for just this purpose, but they said they had to be 16 years old to be an AU - is anyone aware of this limitation?

Originally Posted by rubesl
Get Nexus - it's only $50 & it includes GE & AMEX will reimburse two, for a total of $100.
Nexus includes GE?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Originally Posted by b8b
I asked Amex for cards for my children for just this purpose, but they said they had to be 16 years old to be an AU - is anyone aware of this limitation?

Nexus includes GE?
I got my daughter's when she was 15.
Used it for GE.

Didn't ask anyone, just filled out info online and cards appeared.

Great when we travel as I am only FF, but all three of us get triple-beep at Pre-Check.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 6:50 pm

When I enrolled my wife in GE I paid with my PC not expecting reimbursement but I was pleasantly surprised when it did go through
Old Nov 28, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL-Gold, Starwood. Previously AA Gold and United Premier Gold, and OnePass
Ugh, I just filled out my Global Entry application- when I got to that step it made it sound like to interview for Nexus you had to go to one of the enrollment centers near the US/Canadian Border (http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/tr...xus_enroll.xml), so I just went with Global Entry.

However I do also want my boyfriend to get Global Entry, since we frequently travel together internationally-- he also travels a fair amount for work. If I wait until next Calendar year to pay for his, will I get reimbursed?

Last edited by InfoMofo; Nov 28, 2012 at 8:31 pm
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:41 pm

is this in addition to a global entry fee reimbursement or instead of applying for the Global Enrty, apply for two Nexus (nexsii?)
Old Nov 29, 2012, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by InfoMofo
Ugh, I just filled out my Global Entry application- when I got to that step it made it sound like to interview for Nexus you had to go to one of the enrollment centers near the US/Canadian Border (http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/tr...xus_enroll.xml), so I just went with Global Entry.

However I do also want my boyfriend to get Global Entry, since we frequently travel together internationally-- he also travels a fair amount for work. If I wait until next Calendar year to pay for his, will I get reimbursed?
I have the same question and I am waiting to apply for my SO next year.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, AmxMR, SPG-Gold
I called Amex to inquire about this and the CSR clearly informed me that at this time, only one reimbursement per card, and it is not a yearly perk.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Originally Posted by jbak_ft
I called Amex to inquire about this. . . .
But did you follow rule No. 2 - HUACB (hang up and call back)?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 7:40 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, AmxMR, SPG-Gold
Originally Posted by xlax
But did you follow rule No. 2 - HUACB (hang up and call back)?
I usually wait 24Hrs to follow rule HUACB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.