Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Second Global Entry Reimbursement?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:45 am

Anyone have recent experience with getting a second reimbursement? Recently did 2 Global Entry payments for a friend, and got the reimbursement for one of them 4 days later, but not for the second. Is it possible that this is getting flagged by the RATS?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:21 am

Well, looks like this "secret benefit" is dead. Second Global Entry payment never reimbursed.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:16 am

Last year I got 2 precheck reimbursed on my platinum. This year I applied for global entry (and yes I know I should have gotten that to begin with, but the closest interview facility at that time was 3+ hours away). I needed 4 global entry since kids can't piggyback on their parents like with precheck. Anyways, from a recent post on the doctorofcredit website, the gold authorized user cards are free and each card gets its own reimbursement. I could only get 2 AU cards, 1 for me and 1 for wife (you can get one for yourself even if you're the primary card holder on the platinum). So, I put 1 on my sapphire reserve, 1 on my platinum, and 1 each on the gold AU cards. Applied 4/24, and all 4 cards have reimbursed the fee as of today, 4/28. Thus, in 2 years calendar years (and less than 1 card member year), my 1 Amex platinum has reimbursed 5 precheck/global entry fees.
On a related note, my annual fee was going to come due on my platinum next month so I called Amex last week to see about retention offers. While going over all of the benefits of the card to try and convince me to stay a member, the rep did throw out that gold card AU are free and that they will get their own precheck/global entry reimbursement.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by DCJoe1
Well, looks like this "secret benefit" is dead. Second Global Entry payment never reimbursed.
Does anyone else have DPs if this is truly dead?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:11 pm

9/15/2017 - Charged two Global Entry fees to my AmEx Plat.
9/18/2017 - Reimbursed for only one.

It's dead.

I got reimbursed 5 GE fees in 2015, all billed the same day and reimbursed the same day. Oh well.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:05 am

Hi,
Does anyone know if the free authorized user card gets any of the benefits such as global entry fee credit, gogo passes, lounge access, or airline credit?
Thanks
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:16 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by shopaddict88
Hi,
Does anyone know if the free authorized user card gets any of the benefits such as global entry fee credit, gogo passes, lounge access, or airline credit?
Thanks
Which card are you talking about? The Amex Platinum can add authorized users for a $175 annual fee for up to 3 users, but not for free. On the Amex Platinum authorized users get lounge access and the various hotel/rental car elite statuses, but not any of the $$ credits.

Welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:27 am

i'm crossing my fingers that they add Clear to that too so my overlap with CSR and AXP Plat won't be wasteful
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by shopaddict88
Originally Posted by bgriff
Which card are you talking about? ....
GoGo passes are offered with Business Platinum, but not personal Platinum.

Personal Platinum offers free Gold cards. I believe they are eligible for the Global Entry benefit, but nothing else mentioned.

Business Platinum additional Platinum cards are $300/card/year. Additional Gold cards are $45/card/year. Additional Green cards may be free, but I think this is undocumented.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by bgriff
Which card are you talking about? The Amex Platinum can add authorized users for a $175 annual fee for up to 3 users, but not for free. On the Amex Platinum authorized users get lounge access and the various hotel/rental car elite statuses, but not any of the $$ credits.

Welcome to Flyertalk!

Got it, thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2020, 5:57 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I believe the Gold users are eligible for Global Entry if they are connected to your platinum card. Is that correct?

Either way, it is based off the card used, not the person applying I believe.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cfabar1
I believe the Gold users are eligible for Global Entry if they are connected to your platinum card. Is that correct?

I don't think so. Only the paid secondary Plat card does.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by mia

Personal Platinum offers free Gold cards. I believe they are eligible for the Global Entry benefit, but nothing else mentioned.
Data point - as of Sept 2020 -
Personal Plat with 3 'free' Gold AmEx cards for my kids - ages 17-19-21 at the time. Renewed Global Entry ($100) for the oldest, and PreCheck ($85) for the younger two (their passports expired and I wasn't going to renew anytime soon). Fee paid with each Gold AmEx card, all three fees credited.

Hope this helps!
mia, Gasolin, Brandinho1 and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by cfabar1

Correct on both counts. Last Nov I added my wife as a free Gold and was reimbursed the GE fee in my name, charged to that new gold card.

They also gave me 5000pts for adding her, so I made money on a free card!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.