Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 84fiero
Thanks for posting OP! So the offer popped up just before the payment screen, or right after selecting flights and before entering pax info?

I logged in with my wife's account since she has never had a DL AMEX (and I have the Platinum already). After flight selection there's a banner "ad" for the Gold amex, though at least in her case it's just the standard 30K deal (selected a ~$250 domestic, one ticket).
I saw the deal after I bought my flight, same page as when you get the confirmation #.
I'm not sure what was on the banner you mentioned since I didn't really pay attention to the banner as I was going through the pages. I just know that there was a banner. I found a really cheap flight so I wanted to check out ASAP.

I'm still on the fence about getting this card because I haven't been able to find any real value to redeeming these miles.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Amex Plat, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold
Cool Where's my offer?

I booked a ticket today and I didn't get this offer. I'm so jealous!
Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:43 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by fr33b13
I'm still on the fence about getting this card because I haven't been able to find any real value to redeeming these miles.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...post-here.html

Minimum value of 70k miles is ~$700 anyway, given pay-with-miles.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know if buying a snack on a Delta flight counts as a Delta purchase for the $100 credit?
Old Sep 12, 2012, 9:26 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I think both my husband and I have targeted Delta offers... I thought they were 72K offers but I'd have to go back and look. I, too, was going to pass on them because of the bad rap FT and others give Delta. It would be for my first churn ever, which I expect to do in about 2 weeks. I was going to get a Am Ex Gold Business (targeted for 100K!! Husband for 75! Least that's what the rep said yesterday). My Delta links were from the american express page... credit cards, then "find your special offers". Clear cookies first or they won't show up (ask me how I know this!).
Old Sep 12, 2012, 9:53 pm

I only got 30k. how to get 70k offer
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:02 pm

OP, what type of credit card did you use to purchase your ticket and what browser were you using?

Last edited by gomike; Sep 12, 2012 at 10:25 pm
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:12 pm

agree

I agree skypesos are a pain for domestic flights with little to no "low" availability...only decent value is on first class Europe ticket, after the program change this too may change....I find the trend of $5000 plus required spend for anything over the minimal 25k offers disturbing...more and more card companies are going this way, soon it may be the trend in personal cards as well as business.....they seem to know that post mint coin days, less people can afford 5k+ spends to get 50k plus point offers.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by wise2u
I agree skypesos are a pain for domestic flights with little to no "low" availability...only decent value is on first class Europe ticket, after the program change this too may change....
It all depends - while I agree the Skymiles are difficult to redeem, one may find availability with some flexibility. I recently booked 3 X 25 K domestic tickets (same itinerary) so it is certainly possible.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thought it was a good deal until $5K spend for 45K miles. Not worth it.

As a Delta elite, I'll hold out for AMEX MQMs though. Limited paid travel this year, so those helped me a lot.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Darn I was hoping for a link.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:49 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Another words, there is no way to recreate this offer without booking a flight, and no way to know you will get this offer even after you book a flight. Having come to this realization, the Skymiles virtues or lack thereof don't really matter. We won't get the card.

OP, this is not a jab at you. Thanks for sharing.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pointnoob
My wife got the gold Delta AMEX for 50,000 miles after $750 spend and first ear fee waived and I had thought that was a good offer. The spend for your offer is much higher but they give you 6 months to do it plus you get the $100 credit. Best deal I have seen.
Originally Posted by amolkold
Thought it was a good deal until $5K spend for 45K miles. Not worth it.
I agree with amolkold. The $5k spend is a dealbreaker for me, just like on the typical SPG card offer. I do apps for too many other cards (churning the Hilton HHonors Visa from Citi, for example) that have some spend requirement, and even if those are each smaller individually, they add up collectively, so I can't afford to "tie up" all my spend on just one card for months.

I wish I could find an offer for as many as 50k Delta miles for as little as $750 spend. That one seems better for those who apply for other cards routinely and thus can't commit high spend to one card.

(Besides, I don't fly Delta regularly, I'm saving up for the future, so I dunno if the purchase credit would even work for me.)
Old Sep 13, 2012, 7:44 am

Wow, this offer is a bombshell! 70,000 miles? Wow! Like others, I thought I had gooten the best deal out there with 50K, first year waived. Oh well. Can't win 'em all. I recently booked an award Skymiles trip, SMF-BLQ (US-Italy) for 60K miles. Pretty decent. Only thing about Delta's award site, often I can't get the site to work correctly. Last time, after multiple tries (and it's also funny how mileage requirement jump around back and forth even within 24 hours) I ended up just calling and paid the $25.00 fee for telephone booking.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 8:27 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Do you have any tips or can you PM me some good reading material (if you know of any).
The Delta board here can be pretty helpful. Or just feel free to PM me with a specific question.

Would JFK be an international point of departure for Delta?
Yes. From JFK you should be able to get to much of Europe or Asia in Business class relatively easily. However, it still depends exactly where you want to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.