Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

American Express (USA) online shopping portal gone? (fka Bonus Points Mall)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Express (USA) online shopping portal gone? (fka Bonus Points Mall)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
^ to all the recent comments.

I need to do some shopping today, and no way I am using my Amex card with no mall bonus when I can use Chase Saphire Preferred and get many more points....and more transfer partners.

Granted, no transfer bonus with Chase, but annual kicker plus transfer programs that I actually use = no Amex use.

Not sure what they are thinking here....
Old Oct 4, 2012, 11:31 pm

I sure wish they would bring it back!
Old Oct 5, 2012, 12:06 am

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
^
Originally Posted by artyam
I sure wish they would bring it back!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:56 am

I just checked the shopping portal again today, contemplating buying something from Apple, and still nada. This is starting to get ridiculous. Amex: What are you doing? 15 weeks for "maintenance", and no real news, concerning what many consider to be a major value feature. At least gives us a real update!
Old Oct 21, 2012, 5:27 pm

I've been following up with AMEX for weeks. Finally spoke with a Sr. Director in I.T. (portal architecture or something), after pressing for a call-back from somebody more specialized.

Long story short, it may not come back. He wouldn't get into specifics, but said there are too many issues to be optimistic about a return.

Who knows...
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:18 pm
Used to be highman123

I spoke to an AMEX rep at a local SMB event today. He mentioned a relaunch of all OPEN areas online 1/1/13. He said that includes the earning mall Lets see.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:39 pm

The bloggers haven't given Amex a hard time about this (other than reporting it). I find that interesting...
Old Nov 23, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by Scuta
The bloggers haven't given Amex a hard time about this (other than reporting it). I find that interesting...
Not surprising...they don't want their affiliate links to stop working.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Well, I was thinking about upgrading to the PLAT card.... not any more.

SUCKS. Was looking forward to 6x points on the BPM like last Christmas. Good thing I didn't delay that computer purchase I had been contemplating making on BPM.

My guess is they're trying to direct traffic to the new SYNC service - which also sucks, every time I look I only have four or five offers, two of which are usually vacation service providers located in other states...

Last edited by divemistressofthedark; Nov 28, 2012 at 1:54 pm
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:33 am

This might be an interesting development. I just looked at my MR statement (Amex PRG) for October, and noticed that I received 3x points for a couple of transactions that I would previously have received bonuses for with the MR mall. In these cases, budget.com (car rental) and livingsocial.com. Anyone else have similar? Are Amex giving goodwill bonuses? Alternatively, are they skipping the referral system and dealing directly with companies now?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by karlmitchell
This might be an interesting development. I just looked at my MR statement (Amex PRG) for October, and noticed that I received 3x points for a couple of transactions that I would previously have received bonuses for with the MR mall. In these cases, budget.com (car rental) and livingsocial.com. Anyone else have similar? Are Amex giving goodwill bonuses? Alternatively, are they skipping the referral system and dealing directly with companies now?
If this is the case, it might make my Amex my go-to card again. Not having to click through referral sites would make things much simpler. Further, it might make stacking possible - i.e., 3x from Amex plus click through UR mall.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:44 am

Agreed. If everyone following this list could check their most recent MR statements and see if they have similar I'd be grateful. A list would be handy, especially if we could compare it with a previous earning bonus list. Has anyone made any Apple online purchases recently?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:01 pm

I'll look in just a sec, but wanted to report back that I got zero MR for complaining about no BPM...

"I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you as our Bonus Point Mall website is currently not available for shopping.

We have been advised by our technical team that currently, we are having some issues with the technical functionality on our Bonus Point Mall program and it is being reviewed by our technical team. During this time the Bonus Point Mall website will be unavailable to our Cardmembers until further notice.

Regrettably, we are unable to confirm the timeframe in which the Bonus Point Mall website will start working.

Once we are confident that we can deliver the best possible customer experience, we will start the Bonus Point Mall website and the offers.

However, as soon as it is available, we will notify you.

I appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

(CSR)
Email Servicing Team
American Express Interactive Services"

Bah. Seriously - I'm going to switch a lot of my spend to my UR card...NOT cool, removing a major piece of the program without any notice at all (other than a bunch of lame excuses)
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by karlmitchell
I can't see how they could skip a referral company and deal with all of these companies directly. I'm pretty sure we'd have heard of that.

And I can't see how they can give extra points for retailers (there were hundreds, maybe thousands, in the mall) without an affiliate company in the middle.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:46 pm

Some Amex cards (i.e. PR Gold) give 3x points for car rentals and other travel-related purchases. That could be what's happening here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.