FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1300461-airline-fee-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2011-2015-a.html)

msquire311 Apr 3, 2015 8:12 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 24605400)

I fill out everything and after hitting purchase it directs me back to the previous screen and it says

"We are unable to complete your purchase. Please try again later."

Man Delta sucks, even the simplest thing has to be so difficult. I would like to get and use these certs for a flight. I have been trying 4 x $50 maybe I will try 2 x $50 and 2 x $50 and see if that works...

msquire311 Apr 3, 2015 8:16 am

What the heck. I just went back to the page after typing the previous post and entered my CC security code, state, and checking box, and hit purchase and it went through. I bought 4 x $50 for $200. I must have tried 8 times before. I guess we all know how well Delta's IT works. So if you are having issues just keep trying. It will eventually work...

cstrike006 Apr 3, 2015 11:06 am

Originally Posted by msquire311 (Post 24610649)
What the heck. I just went back to the page after typing the previous post and entered my CC security code, state, and checking box, and hit purchase and it went through. I bought 4 x $50 for $200. I must have tried 8 times before. I guess we all know how well Delta's IT works. So if you are having issues just keep trying. It will eventually work...

I was experiencing a similar issue a few days ago, make sure that all the fields are populated with the correct values, I found that my browsers Autofill feature was causing my error by putting an incorrect value in one of the CC fields.

gooselee Apr 10, 2015 7:16 am

Data point unrelated to the eGCs:
Used my Plat card for SkyClub entry and paid the $29 for a guest.
Used the club on a Thursday. Charge posted one day later (Friday). Credit appeared the following Friday (7 days later).

This credit took far longer to post than a bunch of award ticket fees I had earlier in the year, one of which was close to $70. Those all got credited within 1-2 days after posting.

Club guest fee was posted as follows:
Code:

DOING BUSINESS AS
DELTA AIR LINES
MERCHANT ADDRESS
DEPT 680 1030 DELTA BLVD, ATLANTA, GA 30354 UNITED STATES
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
REFERENCE NUMBER
#BUNCHOFNUMBERS#
CATEGORY
TRAVEL - AIRLINE
FROM        TO        CARRIER        CLASS
N/A
N/A
YY

N/A
YY

N/A
YY

N/A
YY

TICKET NUMBER
006###########
DATE OF DEPARTURE
PASSENGER NAME
LEE/GOOSE
DOCUMENT TYPE
CLUB MEMBERSHIP FEE
        DELTA AIR LINES

AvidFlyer1990 Apr 15, 2015 2:56 pm

Alright, a rookie question:

Planning for my first DL eGC redemption:

1. Do you have to log into your SkyMiles account to purchase them?
2. In the sender's and recipient's name, do you put your own name in both fields?
3. Pertaining to point 1 above, will the eGC be deposited into your SkyMiles account (alongwith being sent to your email) or do you have to add them manually when buying a ticket?
4. I believe it is not advisable to buy a $200 cert?

Thanks!

fliesdelta Apr 15, 2015 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 (Post 24670587)

2. In the sender's and recipient's name, do you put your own name in both fields?
3. Pertaining to point 1 above, will the eGC be deposited into your SkyMiles account (alongwith being sent to your email) or do you have to add them manually when buying a ticket?

Thanks!

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. You enter the eGift cert # and redemption code when you pay for a ticket
4. You need to buy qty 4 of $50 certs

mooper Apr 15, 2015 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 (Post 24670587)

Thanks!

1) No.
2) You may, or you may enter any other sender/recipient you want.
3) No, recipient is emailed a code that may be used by anyone.
4) 4 x $50 if you want to get the full credit (see Wiki).

I'm fairly, not not perfectly, certain I have those answers correct. Good luck!

AvidFlyer1990 Apr 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by fliesdelta (Post 24670756)
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. You enter the eGift cert # and redemption code when you pay for a ticket
4. You need to buy qty 4 of $50 certs

Originally Posted by mooper (Post 24670764)
1) No.
2) You may, or you may enter any other sender/recipient you want.
3) No, recipient is emailed a code that may be used by anyone.
4) 4 x $50 if you want to get the full credit (see Wiki).

I'm fairly, not not perfectly, certain I have those answers correct. Good luck!

Thank you fliesdelta and mooper for your replies! I am giving it a try with a $50 cert! Will post my experiences! If successful, I'll get 3 more!!

AvidFlyer1990 Apr 19, 2015 9:48 am

So, I bought one $50 eGC, and the transaction went from pending to POSTED! Quick question: it shows

1. LOS ANGELES INTERN > LOS ANGELES INTERN (I believe it's LAX)
2. Document Type: Passenger ticket

Is this what it's supposed to show on a posted transaction for an eGC? Thanks.

Edit: Also went through the wiki, which said it is normal for it to be authorized as ticket, but will be changed in the statement. My question is, since it has already posted as a ticket, will it show up as something different in the month-end statement?

And it's about a week before they post the credit, I believe? I read varying reports of the time-frame here on FT.

Thanks once again!!

mooper Apr 19, 2015 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 (Post 24687790)
Is this what it's supposed to show on a posted transaction for an eGC? Thanks.

I don't recall, but it won't matter. The credit should show up fine if it was an eGC you purchased.

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 (Post 24687790)
And it's about a week before they post the credit, I believe? I read varying reports of the time-frame here on FT.

Depends on the time, day you make the purchase. To save stress, don't expect it for a couple weeks. In most cases, a full week is enough time.

Dags Apr 21, 2015 12:27 pm

I purchased a Delta eGiftCard for $50 on 4/17. The details show it as a ticket from LA to LA like AvidFlyer1990 has it. On 4/18, I get charged for $9.95 from Travel Delay services from Amex. After calling Amex, they said I was charged that because the Delta eGiftCard purchase appears as a ticket in the system. The Amex rep even read me the conditions for the Airline credit and she specifically mentioned no gift cards and she said it in a condescending way to say the least.

I know it hasn't been a week yet, but hoping that it all sorts out and I get my $50 airline credit!

AvidFlyer1990 Apr 21, 2015 1:10 pm

Happy to state that I have received my $50 airline fee reimbursement!! Yeeaaaaahhh!!

Purchased on 04/16
Credited on 04/20

Now, for the remaining $150 in credit!! :D

mooper Apr 21, 2015 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Dags (Post 24698808)
I purchased a Delta eGiftCard for $50 on 4/17. The details show it as a ticket from LA to LA like AvidFlyer1990 has it. On 4/18, I get charged for $9.95 from Travel Delay services from Amex. After calling Amex, they said I was charged that because the Delta eGiftCard purchase appears as a ticket in the system. The Amex rep even read me the conditions for the Airline credit and she specifically mentioned no gift cards and she said it in a condescending way to say the least.

I know it hasn't been a week yet, but hoping that it all sorts out and I get my $50 airline credit!

Welcome to FT, Dags, but you broke the golden rule... NEVER CALL. Just wait a couple weeks and if it doesn't sort itself out, then post here for advice. You should be fine if all you purchased was a $50 eGC with nothing else.

Dags Apr 23, 2015 9:27 am

Originally Posted by mooper (Post 24701413)
Welcome to FT, Dags, but you broke the golden rule... NEVER CALL. Just wait a couple weeks and if it doesn't sort itself out, then post here for advice. You should be fine if all you purchased was a $50 eGC with nothing else.

Thanks for the welcome. My apologies for being a n00b. Thanks for the advice. I'll soon get the hang of flyertalk. :)

uclacolumbiaunc Apr 24, 2015 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Dags (Post 24716899)

what is "travel delay service"? why are they charging you for $9.95?