FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1300461-airline-fee-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2011-2015-a.html)

mooper Aug 22, 2015 9:27 am

Originally Posted by gooselee (Post 25310507)
Could you somehow pay the checked bag fee during OLCI on DL.com? Not sure of your itinerary/operating carrier and whether that's even possible...but that would be one way to get the charge made by DL.

I don't believe there's a way to do that, but in theory, if you could get the charge to be posted by Delta, it would likely count.

sfnative Aug 25, 2015 2:25 pm

Purchased 4 $50 eGift Cards on 8/9. Posted on 8/11 and the AMEX reimbursement appeared on 8/13, so success!

rutiene Aug 29, 2015 1:21 pm

Did a thread search and didn't see anything, hopefully this isn't a repeat! I'm curious if delta lounge guest fee is reimbursable? My husband just got this card and we're trying to figure out if it makes sense for us to pay for me to get the additional card. If the $27-29 fee to get into the delta lounge is reimbursable, then we probably won't get me a card.

We've never been so we're not sure how it'd be billed.

gooselee Aug 29, 2015 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by rutiene (Post 25347588)
Did a thread search and didn't see anything, hopefully this isn't a repeat! I'm curious if delta lounge guest fee is reimbursable? My husband just got this card and we're trying to figure out if it makes sense for us to pay for me to get the additional card. If the $27-29 fee to get into the delta lounge is reimbursable, then we probably won't get me a card.

We've never been so we're not sure how it'd be billed.

I paid the $29 guest fee at an ATL SC for a colleague and it reimbursed automatically with no issues. Lounge fees are specifically included as eligible, IIRC, so this would even be a case where calling Amex if not automatically reimbursed would be fine.

mooper Aug 29, 2015 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee (Post 25348164)
I paid the $29 guest fee at an ATL SC for a colleague and it reimbursed automatically with no issues. Lounge fees are specifically included as eligible, IIRC, so this would even be a case where calling Amex if not automatically reimbursed would be fine.

Thanks - this one was missing from the Wiki so I added it.

Stgermainparis Aug 30, 2015 10:29 pm

I've got 2x $50 GCs and need to use them to pay fees for an award ticket on DL. At checkout, I am only given cc option. If I enter the GC on the front end, it only allows me to proceed with a revenue ticket. Anyone know if there's a way to use GC to pay fees on award tix?

pallhedge Aug 31, 2015 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis (Post 25353562)
I've got 2x $50 GCs and need to use them to pay fees for an award ticket on DL. At checkout, I am only given cc option. If I enter the GC on the front end, it only allows me to proceed with a revenue ticket. Anyone know if there's a way to use GC to pay fees on award tix?

I would call DL reservations rather than book online in this instance.

Stgermainparis Aug 31, 2015 9:35 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge (Post 25354541)
I would call DL reservations rather than book online in this instance.

I thought about that but don't want to get charged the call in fee. Presumably they would waive it. But it's a hassle booking 5 tix on the phone.

VisaW Sep 1, 2015 7:33 am

Comfort+

Read through the last five pages and didn't see anything on this, so asking what may be a repetitive question:

Will Amex reimburse for after-ticket upgrades to Comfort+ seats? Not an upgrade when booking the fare, but maybe something upon check-in?

Thanks.

swirlsaepi Sep 1, 2015 7:58 am

Originally Posted by VisaW (Post 25360589)
Read through the last five pages and didn't see anything on this, so asking what may be a repetitive question:

Will Amex reimburse for after-ticket upgrades to Comfort+ seats? Not an upgrade when booking the fare, but maybe something upon check-in?

Thanks.

Yeah, it's the same with checked baggage fees that you pay on check-in. I'm pretty sure you get credited for basically any transaction coming directly from Delta - including IFE/meals, baggage fees, seat upgrades, etc.

mia Sep 1, 2015 7:59 am

Originally Posted by VisaW (Post 25360589)
Read through the last five pages....

If instead you use Search This Thread with the term Comfort you will find a report HERE in post 45.

VisaW Sep 1, 2015 8:15 am

Originally Posted by swirlsaepi (Post 25360708)
Yeah, it's the same with checked baggage fees that you pay on check-in. I'm pretty sure you get credited for basically any transaction coming directly from Delta - including IFE/meals, baggage fees, seat upgrades, etc.

Originally Posted by mia (Post 25360711)
If instead you use Search This Thread with the term Comfort you will find a report HERE in post 45.

Thanks to you both!

Auerbach Sep 2, 2015 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by wholeinone04 (Post 25152398)
I have 6 Delta E Gift cards at $50 each. So I can combine max. of 3 with a credit card? Suppose I could split up a RT into two one ways to be able to use all 6 certs as wiki suggests?

Originally Posted by pleasantsn (Post 25164058)
I believe this works, as I've been able to use 3 eGC's with remainder on credit card in the past. Of course, when you split a RT into OW's, consider the change fees will be charged twice if you have to cancel.

As always, YMMV, especially with redeeming eGC's. Please let us know if it works for you.

The terms and conditions read:

"A maximum of three forms of payment (including Certificates or Cards) can be applied towards a single ticket. Certificates and Cards cannot be used in conjunction with any other certificate, voucher or credit towards a single ticket."

That would seem to indicate a maximum of 2 eGCs per ticket (not 3) if a credit card is being used for the balance.

missing_link Sep 2, 2015 4:34 pm

I looked back a bit but didn't see anything recent (last half of August). Any reports on whether Delta GCs are still being reimbursed? I've seen in the other threads that there have been delays from the usual reimbursement time frame (and some concern that maybe Amex has closed the loophole).

acharya Sep 2, 2015 5:42 pm

Does DL ecert still work?

+1 to the post above. Looking for more data points before pulling the trigger on DL Ecerts. Please share your recent experiences!

Thanks.