FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1300461-airline-fee-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2011-2015-a.html)

wholeinone04 Jul 21, 2015 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by levilevi (Post 24984698)
Can combine 3 GCs and a Credit Card for DL.com purchases - have done it a few times already.

I have 6 Delta E Gift cards at $50 each. So I can combine max. of 3 with a credit card? Suppose I could split up a RT into two one ways to be able to use all 6 certs as wiki suggests?

pleasantsn Jul 23, 2015 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by wholeinone04 (Post 25152398)
I have 6 Delta E Gift cards at $50 each. So I can combine max. of 3 with a credit card? Suppose I could split up a RT into two one ways to be able to use all 6 certs as wiki suggests?

I believe this works, as I've been able to use 3 eGC's with remainder on credit card in the past. Of course, when you split a RT into OW's, consider the change fees will be charged twice if you have to cancel.

As always, YMMV, especially with redeeming eGC's. Please let us know if it works for you.

gooselee Jul 28, 2015 9:53 am

Originally Posted by pleasantsn (Post 25164058)
I believe this works, as I've been able to use 3 eGC's with remainder on credit card in the past. Of course, when you split a RT into OW's, consider the change fees will be charged twice if you have to cancel.

As always, YMMV, especially with redeeming eGC's. Please let us know if it works for you.

I have split a trip like this before, using 3 eGCs + CC on one ticket, and 1 eGC + CC on the other. No issues, and it actually worked out well because I ended up having a change in plans and needed to throw away the outbound ticket (which I wouldn't have been able to do if booked as a RT). Change fee was more than the value of the one-way ticket.

Auerbach Aug 5, 2015 7:58 am

Purchased 2x $50 DL e-Certs on 8/3. Transaction was pending as a single $100 charge, then posted today (8/5) as an 8/4 purchase of 2 separate $50 charges. Still no credit yet. Will update when the credit (hopefully) posts.

mooper Aug 5, 2015 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Auerbach (Post 25224351)
Purchased 2x $50 DL e-Certs on 8/3. Transaction was pending as a single $100 charge, then posted today (8/5) as an 8/4 purchase of 2 separate $50 charges. Still no credit yet. Will update when the credit (hopefully) posts.

Should be fine. Per the Wiki, you just need to wait.

Auerbach Aug 6, 2015 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Auerbach (Post 25224351)

Both $50 credits posted today!^

PdxDfwFlyer Aug 7, 2015 5:54 pm

Wish I had checked this thread before ordering physical delta gift cards :(. I purchased two $95 physical DL gift cards... each with shipping fee of $4.95. I got credit for both the $4.95 shipping fees (which had posted as separate transactions), but no credit for the two $95 physical gift cards.

pallhedge Aug 7, 2015 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by PdxDfwFlyer (Post 25237920)
Wish I had checked this thread before ordering physical delta gift cards :(. I purchased two $95 physical DL gift cards... each with shipping fee of $4.95. I got credit for both the $4.95 shipping fees (which had posted as separate transactions), but no credit for the two $95 physical gift cards.

You can still buy 4 $50 e-gift cards for $200 and get $190.10 reimbursed by Amex. This lesson hasn't cost you much.

levilevi Aug 14, 2015 11:55 am

Easy way to see progress?

Other than calling in, or SM/Amex Chat, anyone have a tip on using the YTD activity screener for how much you've used?

FOr the life of me I can't figure out how to just see "credits" for the year to date or filter by merchant.

TIA from this dolt :)

mia Aug 14, 2015 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by levilevi (Post 25271366)
... how to just see "credits" for the year to date or filter by merchant.

• Login to americanexpress.com
  • Choose the correct card account
  • Click: Statements & Activity
  • Click: Recent Activity and scroll down to change to Year to Date
  • Click: The Red/Green/Blue bar graph icon to Graph and Filter your Transactions
  • Click: Spend by Category and change to Transaction Type
  • Click: The amount shown below Credits.
  • Scroll down to see the details

Boston Elite Aug 17, 2015 6:44 pm

I will share my PRG data point. I used the "pay with miles" option (don't judge me) and left a cash balance of $88.xx. Fee posted as "additional collection" and credit hit my account a couple days later.

AA_EXP09 Aug 17, 2015 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Boston Elite (Post 25285831)
I will share my PRG data point. I used the "pay with miles" option (don't judge me) and left a cash balance of $88.xx. Fee posted as "additional collection" and credit hit my account a couple days later.

I don't blame you as that may very well be what skypesos are worth (considering now there are no award charts to compare against...)

DeltaFlyer IntrepidClass Aug 22, 2015 5:41 am

US Amex Plat/PRG airline credits work with SkyTeam partner in foreign airport?

When purchasing comfort+ seats via Delta's website or extra checked-in baggage at Delta's desk at a domestic airport with either of those two charge cards, I've seen credits applied within a day or two.

Do these benefits work from a European airport with a SkyTeam partner (Air France, KLM, TAROM) which is under the same round-trip itinerary? Obviously need to bring that extra checked-in baggage back and was planning on using one of those charge cards at the SkyTeam partner desk at the Romanian airport. Thanks!

mia Aug 22, 2015 8:23 am

The card transaction must be submitted by Delta

...Card Member must select a qualifying airline at http://www.americanexpress.com/selectafc. Only the Basic Card Member or Authorized Account Manager(s) on the Card Account can select the qualifying airline. Card Members who have not chosen a qualifying airline will be able to do so at any time. Card Members who have already selected a qualifying airline will be able to change their choice one time each year in January at http://www.americanexpress.com/selectafc or by calling the number on the back of the Card. Card Members who do not change their airline selection will remain with their current airline. Statement Credits: Incidental air travel fees must be charged to the Card Member on the eligible Card Account for the benefit to apply. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $100 per calendar year in statement credits across all Cards on the Account. Incidental air travel fees must be separate charges from airline ticket charges. Fees not charged by the Card Member's airline of choice (e.g. wireless internet and fees incurred with airline alliance partners) do not qualify for statement credits. Incidental air travel fees charged prior to selection of a qualifying airline are not eligible for statement credits. Airline tickets, upgrades, mileage points purchases, mileage points transfer fees, gift cards, duty free purchases, and award tickets are not deemed to be incidental fees. The airline must submit the charge under the appropriate merchant code, industry code, or required service or product identifier for the charge to be recognized as an incidental air travel fee. Please allow 2-4 weeks after the qualifying incidental air travel fee is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. We rely on airlines to submit the correct information on airline transactions, so please call the number on the back of the Card if statement credits have not posted after 4 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges. To be eligible for this benefit, Card Account(s) must be active and not in default at the time of statement credit fulfillment. If a charge for any incidental air travel fee is included in a Pay Over Time feature balance on your Card Account (for example, Sign & Travel), the statement credit associated with that charge will not be applied to that Pay Over Time feature balance. Instead, the statement credit will be applied to your Pay In Full balance. For additional information about this benefit, call the number on the back of your Card.

gooselee Aug 22, 2015 8:55 am

Originally Posted by s2kdriver80 (Post 25309980)
When purchasing comfort+ seats via Delta's website or extra checked-in baggage at Delta's desk at a domestic airport with either of those two charge cards, I've seen credits applied within a day or two.

Do these benefits work from a European airport with a SkyTeam partner (Air France, KLM, TAROM) which is under the same round-trip itinerary? Obviously need to bring that extra checked-in baggage back and was planning on using one of those charge cards at the SkyTeam partner desk at the Romanian airport. Thanks!

Could you somehow pay the checked bag fee during OLCI on DL.com? Not sure of your itinerary/operating carrier and whether that's even possible...but that would be one way to get the charge made by DL.