Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2015, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
Current offer (as of 7/1/16):
"A special offer for Ameriprise Clients: $0 introductory fee for the first year, then $550. Additional Cards can also be added for an introductory fee of $0 for the first year, then $175 for up to 3 Additional Platinum Cards. Earn an additional 5,000 Membership Rewards points for every $20,000 in eligible purchases on the Card, up to 30,000 additional points per year."

https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...rsion/personal

(In 2015 the offer included 25k MR points for $3,000 spend, with $450 annual fee waived.)
__________________________________________________ _________________

Is this card a different product than the normal personal Amex Platinum?
Yes, by all indications this card is treated differently. Multiple members have received the bonus after previously having a personal Platinum card. Members have also been able to use the travel credit on this card even after obtaining the travel credit on a personal Platinum in the same year. (Post 363)

Do authorized users have a fee?
The fee for additional users is waived for the first year. You can add authorized users at $0 when signing up or you can add them later by calling the number on the back of your card.

My decision is "in progress", what should I do?
Many users report that they received an "in progress" decision initially only to be approved within the next 48hrs with no additional communication (recon call). Click here to check status.

Does one need to be an Ameriprise customer to be approved for this card?
No, one does not have to be an Ameriprise customer in order to get approved for the card, although AMEX could technically enforce the "rule" in their terms and conditions and either cancel your card or convert it to a "regular" Platinum.
Print Wikipost

Ameriprise Amex Platinum (discontinued October 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by trouble747
I had just found a post that seemed to confirm as much. Thank you!
This is all good news for me too. I am planning on getting this card the year I'll need a lot of lounge access
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
I applied for both the amerprise gold and the ameriprise platinium card. I notice when I checked status it shows under application "PLATINUM CARD" and "The Amerprise Gold Card"
Did this happen to anyone else? Is it normal that it just says Platinium Card and not Amerprise Platinium Card?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:09 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by happyvoid
I applied for both the amerprise gold and the ameriprise platinium card. I notice when I checked status it shows under application "PLATINUM CARD" and "The Amerprise Gold Card"
Did this happen to anyone else? Is it normal that it just says Platinium Card and not Amerprise Platinium Card?
I applied just to give myself a chance to explore the Platinum card, and yes, when I applied for the Ameriprise Platinum card, it said, "Platinum Card" under the application status page.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Does one need to be an Ameriprise customer to apply for (and be accepted to) this Platinum card?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Does one need to be an Ameriprise customer ...
No
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:32 pm

Does one need to be an Ameriprise customer to apply for (and be accepted to) this Platinum card?

Read the thread ^
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
I've added to the wiki. I think that question gets asked frequently and it important enough to constantly be brought up, especially if one wants to try out the Platinum for the first year fee-free.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 2:49 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
I've added to the wiki. I think that question gets asked frequently and it important enough to constantly be brought up, especially if one wants to try out the Platinum for the first year fee-free.
Originally Posted by mia
No
Thanks Mia and Miesyr... much appreciated

Originally Posted by mysterym
Read the thread ^
All 52 pages?! Wouldn't it have been just as easy (and a lot more helpful) to respond as Mia or Mikesyr did? Isn't the point of FT to help each other?

Another question for all - how long do you anticipate it would take to get approval and have the card in my hands? A few weeks? A month? Any experience in this regard would be most helpful.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:03 am

All 52 pages?! Wouldn't it have been just as easy (and a lot more helpful) to respond as Mia or Mikesyr did? Isn't the point of FT to help each other?
Most people do read it all. If you don't have the time then read the first 10 pages or click the search button to search the thread
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by mysterym
Most people do read it all.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
I applied back in March, no one from Amerprise has contacted me or enforced this requirement.

I agree, I read a ton before eventually applying for this card. Mia is the AMEX Ameriprise guru.

Another question for all - how long do you anticipate it would take to get approval and have the card in my hands? A few weeks? A month? Any experience in this regard would be most helpful.
Mine took 4-5 business days.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
All 52 pages?!
Most long threads the same questions are asked over and over, going back 3-4 pages usually reveals what you're looking for and quicker than posting the question and waiting for an answer.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by BarryL
I applied back in March, no one from Amerprise has contacted me or enforced this requirement.

Thanks, good to know how quickly you received it.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium & LT Gold
Originally Posted by BarryL

I agree, I read a ton before eventually applying for this card. Mia is the AMEX Ameriprise guru.

Anyone experienced overnight deliveries?

I just got approved for it around 1:30pm CT today. I know they *usually* overnight these.

I’m flying on Sunday to LGA and have a 3hr layover in DFW - would love to try both Centurion Lounges; so was hoping to get it Friday.

I'd love to hear more recent shipping time stories!
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Originally Posted by fmisle
Anyone experienced overnight deliveries?

I just got approved for it around 1:30pm CT today. I know they *usually* overnight these.

I’m flying on Sunday to LGA and have a 3hr layover in DFW - would love to try both Centurion Lounges; so was hoping to get it Friday.

I'd love to hear more recent shipping time stories!
You can request a quicker delivery, although you don't need your card to access AMEX Centurion Lounges. All you need it ID / Boarding pass, they can lookup your account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.