Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2015, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
Current offer (as of 7/1/16):
"A special offer for Ameriprise Clients: $0 introductory fee for the first year, then $550. Additional Cards can also be added for an introductory fee of $0 for the first year, then $175 for up to 3 Additional Platinum Cards. Earn an additional 5,000 Membership Rewards points for every $20,000 in eligible purchases on the Card, up to 30,000 additional points per year."

https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...rsion/personal

(In 2015 the offer included 25k MR points for $3,000 spend, with $450 annual fee waived.)
__________________________________________________ _________________

Is this card a different product than the normal personal Amex Platinum?
Yes, by all indications this card is treated differently. Multiple members have received the bonus after previously having a personal Platinum card. Members have also been able to use the travel credit on this card even after obtaining the travel credit on a personal Platinum in the same year. (Post 363)

Do authorized users have a fee?
The fee for additional users is waived for the first year. You can add authorized users at $0 when signing up or you can add them later by calling the number on the back of your card.

My decision is "in progress", what should I do?
Many users report that they received an "in progress" decision initially only to be approved within the next 48hrs with no additional communication (recon call). Click here to check status.

Does one need to be an Ameriprise customer to be approved for this card?
No, one does not have to be an Ameriprise customer in order to get approved for the card, although AMEX could technically enforce the "rule" in their terms and conditions and either cancel your card or convert it to a "regular" Platinum.
Print Wikipost

Ameriprise Amex Platinum (discontinued October 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by SPLP007
THANKS

https://www.ameriprise.com/products-.../credit-cards/ this is WITH 25K HAS ONCE LIFETIME --is it ENFORCED?
The link does not work: Sorry, we can't find your page, but when there is a bonus offer the terms are enforced as written.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by mia
The link does not work: Sorry, we can't find your page, but when there is a bonus offer the terms are enforced as written.
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...06/carddetails works - wife just got it
Old Mar 22, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA GS, TK Gold
is this the worst credit card product as far as amex is concerned?

Amex is paying a primary account holder $400 to have 4 peoples gain full amex plat benefits free of charge for a year.

Last edited by tonykline1947; Mar 22, 2017 at 6:14 pm
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by tonykline1947
is this the worst credit card product as far as amex is concerned?

Amex is paying a primary account holder $400 to have 4 peoples gain full amex plat benefits free of charge for a year.
+ 4 people to have free Global Entry @ $100/each, so easy to get $800 in value out of the 1 free year.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Willbur
that links to the gold card, not the platinum.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by givingitatry
that links to the gold card, not the platinum.
Yeah, sorry. SPL said 25k so figured he was asking about the Gold just in the wrong thread. To be clear, I don't know of a Platinum link with 25k (sadly).
Old Mar 25, 2017, 5:04 pm

Another (perhaps unnecessary) data point. I cancelled this card a year ago and just was instantly improved for the same card today.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Robl
Another (perhaps unnecessary) data point. I cancelled this card a year ago and just was instantly improved for the same card today.
Great, let us know if they hit you with the AF...
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:01 am
kbz

Any idea if the annual fee will continue to be waived after the upcoming changes to the Amex Platinum line? It seems like the consensus is that the AF on this card will increase to $550 and that it will get the new uber benefits. I haven't seen anything about the first year AF being waived or not though.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by kbz
Any idea if the annual fee will continue to be waived after the upcoming changes to the Amex Platinum line? It seems like the consensus is that the AF on this card will increase to $550 and that it will get the new uber benefits. I haven't seen anything about the first year AF being waived or not though.
i don't think FT'ers can tell the future...if you want it waived why not just get it now?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:16 am
kbz

Originally Posted by mysterym
i don't think FT'ers can tell the future...if you want it waived why not just get it now?
I was just wondering if there had been any info released about it. Details about this card seem to be quite hard to find. Timing wise it would be more useful for me if I got the card in a few months, but I don't want to risk missing the AF waived version.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by kbz
I was just wondering if there had been any info released about it. Details about this card seem to be quite hard to find. Timing wise it would be more useful for me if I got the card in a few months, but I don't want to risk missing the AF waived version.
Details for the card are on the ameriprise website along with the full terms and conditions.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:57 am

Glad to see the waived fee has stuck around. I was a bit worried that they might change that up with the changes but shows $0 first year, $550 thereafter.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Willbur
Glad to see the waived fee has stuck around. I was a bit worried that they might change that up with the changes but shows $0 first year, $550 thereafter.
wow, fantastic.... Now you can get $400 in fee credits + $200 in uber credits in the first year.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Had the card like 2 years ago. Looks like you could just rinse and repeat every year. Applied, Approved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.