Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Existing Benz Platinum cards will be converted to regular Platinum cards on Jan. 11, 2019 per a letter sent to all cardholders.

The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz

60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months
$550 Annual Fee, not waived

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/partner/preacq/mbz/mbz-019/carddetails#/cshop
__________________________________________________ _____________

[EXPIRED]75K special offer:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/012/16580

See published restrictions below. #1 is enforced. #2 is not:
  1. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
  2. This offer is not valid for existing Platinum Card Members from American Express. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account.
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2013, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by myndreamland
And is the MR earned on this card (regular CC with $95 AF not the plat charge card) freely transferable? I'm planning to apply for this card for gas MS. TIA
Good question. Can I get the $95 AF Mercedes Amex and transfer the MR points to my regular Platinum for full MR points? That would be a nice combo if one dines out a lot.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:12 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Stiga9
Can I get the $95 AF Mercedes Amex and transfer the MR points to my regular Platinum for full MR points?
There is no need to "transfer". All of your cards which earn Membership Rewards can be linked to the same rewards account and the points are pooled.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 5:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; AA Platinum;Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
50K Mercedes Benz Platinum Disappeared?

I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or may need to get rid of some cookies on my browser. When I am trying to go through some links that I thought were current for the Mercedes Benz Platinum card offer with 50K Amex points it says the offer is no longer available and points me to a 25K offer. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:35 am

Yea it looks like the link is down again . I hope they get it back up soon
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:31 am

Programs: FSPP, Virtuoso, Belmond Bellini Club, STARS, Hyatt Privé, Peninsula PenClub, etc.
Still possible to apply for the 50K offer by phone, at 800-243-3888
Old Oct 17, 2013, 1:03 pm

That's weird. I just applied yesterday and it worked (but not through the link in this thread, I just googled it). I just googled it again today and found this page, which is still working:

https://www304.americanexpress.com/p...platinum=16597

The direct link to the Platinum MB card is here:

https://www304.americanexpress.com/p...ard/16597-10-0
Old Oct 17, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: Volaris, UA Nothing
I just applied and was accepted for the card using the online application. Had to call the reconsideration line to get the final approval; after being approved, confirmed the 50k MR after $3k in spending within 90 days. ^
Old Oct 18, 2013, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by saturnino3
I just applied and was accepted for the card using the online application. Had to call the reconsideration line to get the final approval; after being approved, confirmed the 50k MR after $3k in spending within 90 days. ^
looks like MB Plat signup bonus is now tied to previous charge accounts - same treatment as a regular plat account.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 7:56 pm
xp0

Originally Posted by flyershmlyer
looks like MB Plat signup bonus is now tied to previous charge accounts - same treatment as a regular plat account.
So if you've had the Amex Platinum we cant get this card for the bonus anymore? (Until the typical time frame passes)
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyershmlyer
is there an evidence of that?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by azepine00
is there an evidence of that?
On the application page:

Welcome bonus not available to applicants who have had a Platinum Card within the last 12 months or any Consumer ZYNC®, Green or Gold Card account within the last 90 days.

Last edited by mia; Oct 24, 2013 at 9:51 am Reason: Formatting
Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Amex MB Platinum bonus condition

With the new conditions about having the Personal Plat excluding one from the MB Plat bonus, can anyone confirm if this applies the other way around?

Does having the MB plat disqualify me from the personal gold or personal plat bonus?

Any insight appreciated, thanks!
Old Nov 10, 2013, 5:27 pm

I don't have a MB, but the regular MB card seems attractive for dining and gas (2x and 3x, respectively).

I read through the thread, but haven't seen mention recently -- what are non-MB owners doing with their $50 accessory certificate and $500 purchase/lease certificate? Can the former be used at the online store, or do I have to go to a dealer? Can these be given away/sold?

(I also see no bonus exclusion for current Plat card holders, like the MB Plat has.)
Old Nov 10, 2013, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by nall
...what are non-MB owners doing with their $50 accessory certificate and $500 purchase/lease certificate? Can the former be used at the online store, or do I have to go to a dealer? Can these be given away/sold?

(I also see no bonus exclusion for current Plat card holders, like the MB Plat has.)
You can use the $50 certificate at a dealer for MB branded merchandise. They can not be used on-line. In terms of the lease/purchase certificate, I just toss it.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by TTT103
You can use the $50 certificate at a dealer for MB branded merchandise. They can not be used on-line. In terms of the lease/purchase certificate, I just toss it.
Why toss it? The have some nice clothing options. I like their polo shirts. Great for golf.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.