Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Existing Benz Platinum cards will be converted to regular Platinum cards on Jan. 11, 2019 per a letter sent to all cardholders.

The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz

60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months
$550 Annual Fee, not waived

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/partner/preacq/mbz/mbz-019/carddetails#/cshop
__________________________________________________ _____________

[EXPIRED]75K special offer:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/012/16580

See published restrictions below. #1 is enforced. #2 is not:
  1. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
  2. This offer is not valid for existing Platinum Card Members from American Express. You are eligible to receive points for only one Card account.
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz AMEX co-branded cards, [discontinued January 2019].

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Nelumbo
May I ask when the 60,000 MR points sign up bonus get posted?
I got the card in early March, met the spending requirement in late March. However, I am yet to get the points.
If you made the spend somewhere that is an obvious GC place you won't get the bonus.

Anyplace that's not frowned upon the bonus posts in 2-3 days.
Nelumbo and xgeorge1 like this.
Old May 8, 2018, 6:34 pm

Can the $100 MB certificate be used online like at lifestylecollection.mbusa.com? Or do you have to go into a dealer? I remember people saying they bought a few MB umbrellas so I am curious.
Old May 8, 2018, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by zerosoul
Can the $100 MB certificate be used online like at lifestylecollection.mbusa.com? Or do you have to go into a dealer? I remember people saying they bought a few MB umbrellas so I am curious.
you always have to go into the dealer. However, some dealers are nicer and if you ask they can order something for you from the website and when it arrives they let you know and you go and pay with the certificate.
Old May 8, 2018, 7:34 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

May I ask when the 60,000 MR points sign up bonus get posted?
I got the card in early March, met the spending requirement in late March. However, I am yet to get the points.
You may not meet the SUB requirements.
Old May 11, 2018, 11:45 am

it turns out that spending on simon mall vgcs did not trigger the SUB.
Old May 11, 2018, 6:56 pm
Suspended

it turns out that spending on simon mall vgcs did not trigger the SUB.
Why did you risk 60,000 MR points with GCs? Not worth this.
Old May 30, 2018, 5:55 pm

Applied for card on 4/1 EST and points still did not post yet
waited for statement to close and nada

am I SOL or what?
Old May 30, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by xgeorge1
Applied for card on 4/1 EST and points still did not post yet
waited for statement to close and nada

am I SOL or what?
What did you buy and where? Any returns? Most spend at other than GC places results in the SUB posting in 24-48 hours.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
How does the lease excess mile waiver work on this card. Have never had to use it but it looks like I might need to do so. Is this something I need to tell the dealer when I turn the car in or will it get sorted out after the fact?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by expressboy
How does the lease excess mile waiver work on this card. Have never had to use it but it looks like I might need to do so. Is this something I need to tell the dealer when I turn the car in or will it get sorted out after the fact?
google "mercedes american express lease excess mileage waiver" and you will find a PDF with the info
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
Originally Posted by mysterym
google "mercedes american express lease excess mileage waiver" and you will find a PDF with the info
Thank you. I saw that PDF and passed right over it as it looked like it had the same contents as the web page
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
So if my spending (over $5 after minus the AF and credits) thus far did not trigger SUB, and I am still within 3 months, do I just keep spending until SUB is triggered? Or once system declines SUB it is declined for good? I had one cashstar purchase that is an obvious 3PGC, and 3 other AOs that I used on GCs. I have made up the spend for the cashstar but still no bonus.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by booyaa
So if my spending (over $5 after minus the AF and credits) thus far did not trigger SUB, and I am still within 3 months, do I just keep spending until SUB is triggered? Or once system declines SUB it is declined for good? I had one cashstar purchase that is an obvious 3PGC, and 3 other AOs that I used on GCs. I have made up the spend for the cashstar but still no bonus.
Make sure that you qualify. Call or chat the CSR.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 6:31 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The fact that a bonus has not been received does not mean that the system has not recognized it as earned, there is no way to be certain until the maximum period stated in the terms of the offer. Unfortunately, American Express customer service agents are unreliable on this topic. They likely will be able to tell you if an offer is attached to your account, but not if you are eligible, nor if any of your spend is ineligible.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mia
The fact that a bonus has not been received does not mean that the system has not recognized it as earned, there is no way to be certain until the maximum period stated in the terms of the offer. Unfortunately, American Express customer service agents are unreliable on this topic. They likely will be able to tell you if an offer is attached to your account, but not if you are eligible, nor if any of your spend is ineligible.
Do not think this is true. AmEx service rep can see what offer is attached to the new card, and they can see whether or not this offer is "declined acquisition". If you get "declined acquisition" with the new card, you are out of luck and you are ineligible.

It is a totally different thing about qualified spending. I see you had some GC purchases during this SUB period. This is really bad. AmEx may dis-qualify the spending, or can even rescind the new card offer, or take away the SUB offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.