Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX Aeroplan Platinum - Inferior Service to Canadians?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Aeroplan Platinum - Inferior Service to Canadians?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
concierge services are to be a separate provider from FHR program. In any event he could do no better than I did by calling myself. He also took two days to respond. Feel that I would have more success with the US Concierges.
Good to know.. that its a bit of a waste of time using Canx concierge services..

Takes more time to go back and forth, then doing it yourself I guess..
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by zaf
My experience with AmEx Canada hasn't been so bad after all.

I don't spend 140k / month, not even close. In a high spending month I'd reach 16-17k. I had the AmEx aeroplan platinum. I called AmEx complaining of how The Platinum card had more benefits than the aeroplan platinum. After a 15 min discussion I was offered the The Platinum Card at no charge as long as I maintain the aeroplan platinum. So basically paying 499 for both cards. I have shifted all my spending to The Platinum Card instead of the aeroplan. I get more flexibility with my points/miles + I get the lounge and check in benefits of the aeroplan.
Good that you've got it under one fee both cards..

Saving $399 per year is a significant savings.. plus getting one lounge access and FHR services..

Curious.. Can you transfer 1,000:1,000 miles to US based carrier FF programs?.. under the regular Amex Platinum..

I know with my Gold Amex, points are devalued when trasferred to US based carrier FF programs.. so really the only choice of transfer is to AE FF program.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 4:10 am

Programs: Persona Non-Status, DYKWIA Club President, Formerly of Pa Kettle Fame
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I know with my Gold Amex, points are devalued when trasferred to US based carrier FF programs.. so really the only choice of transfer is to AE FF program.
The transfer rate is the same as the gold, however his earning rate is higher (1.25 per $1). He also doesn't get the gas/grocery/travel spending bonuses that we do.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 6:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CRAZYBUBBA
The transfer rate is the same as the gold, however his earning rate is higher (1.25 per $1). He also doesn't get the gas/grocery/travel spending bonuses that we do.
Confirmed today with Amex rep..

Points transferred other than to AE is 1,000 miles:750 miles.. Would have been nice if ratios were equal.. would have been quite a benefit..

I guess there is a 30K bonus offer on Amex Platinum (regular card) with $399 annual fee on right now.. I don't see it on the website, but it was quoted to me today over the phone by the rep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.