Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex PERSONAL platinum 100k mr point sign-up bonus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2011, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by ftbargain
Can someone please explain how do you redeem Amex gift card from delta ? (I could not see an option on delta website) . Whats the rate ? 50K Delta miles = $500 AMEX gift card ?
Login to your SkyMiles account and go to SkyMiles MarketPlace.
Not worth it unless you have a special deal. My exchange rate is 21,500 miles for $100 AMEX gift card.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by timzheng
How fast do the bonus MR points post? My partner applied a gold card with 50k bonus. The 50k is now showing as pending. In a few days the first statement should close. When can he expect to actually get the points?
He needs it asap to redeem.
Bonus points should post in a few days. If not, you can call AMEX and nicely ask them to move the points from pending so that you can use them. Most reps will happily do that for you.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by ddallas
Bonus points should post in a few days. If not, you can call AMEX and nicely ask them to move the points from pending so that you can use them. Most reps will happily do that for you.
If you have the Platinum card you can also advance points -- basically, borrow points from Amex that you 'pay back' when you earn points. So if you really need the points for a specific redemption, try that. (I had asked about getting my points moved up from pending when my 100k was queued up, and they told me they couldn't do it. So it's not 100%, whereas getting the points advance is pretty straightforward.)
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:35 am

I seem to have been awarded the 100k bonus points twice. Anybody have this experience?

I was not targeted but applied for the card (25k bonus only) in early October. At the time, I basically tricked the email customer service person into replying to an email in such a way that it looked like the customer service rep was confirming that I qualified for the 100k promo code. A little social engineering I guess.

So after 8 weeks, I asked for the points and the rep of course said that I don't qualify as I wasn't targeted.

So I wrote to the executive customer service team and made my case for that I qualified but was not awarded points and supplied a copy of the AMEX email "proving" that I was misled. A week goes by and no response.

Then, I enlisted the help of twitter to get assistance. That rep again said that I didn't show as approved for this offer. However, with the email number provided, my account was instantly credited with 100k points.

Late last week, I get a phone call and email from the executive customer service asking me to call back with regards to my letter. I emailed back and told him that the twitter support team resolved my issue. He responded that my complaint would be closed out.

One day later, my account is again credited with another 100k points.

Should I just use them all?

This Sept\Oct promo code deal has been ridiculous. 550k total points between my wife and I!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: A few
i would just bag my good luck and move on

i managed to get 125k on one card where i got matched to 100k plus got the original 25k offer, different card but similar outcome. you win some and lose some. as long as you don't ..... and moan about the losers so much i think it's all ok
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:25 pm

Just got off the phone with AMEX. Was very polite and thought it wouldn't hurt to ask, but unfortunately didn't get the points..although, did have a nice conversation with the AMEX rep
Old Feb 22, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
... Plus we've got 200K Chase Ultimate Reward points banked between the two of us (which could easily be transferred to UA/CO if desired)....

if the goal were to build our portfolio of hotel points?
OT from the AmEx discussion, but look into the Chase UR points ==> Hyatt instead of Hilton points. Same transfer rate, but Hyatt points are far more valuable for redemptions vs. Hilton.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:34 pm

targeted

I am new to the whole points deal. How do you get targeted so I can actually get the killer deals?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Originally Posted by rpgkevin
I am new to the whole points deal. How do you get targeted so I can actually get the killer deals?
You could try this site but mostly it's just a mystery.
Old May 5, 2012, 7:03 pm

Just starting in a new position that requires extensive travel and so I want to signup for the Amex platinum to use the lounges. Is the 25k the best offer available now? I have searched extensively, but figured some savvy FT might know of a better offer. Thank you!
Old May 5, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bpo26c
Just starting in a new position that requires extensive travel and so I want to signup for the Amex platinum to use the lounges. Is the 25k the best offer available now? I have searched extensively, but figured some savvy FT might know of a better offer. Thank you!
Yeah my referral link is only 25K for $2000 spend.

Unless you're targeted for a 50, 100K offer, I think you may be out of luck.
Old May 5, 2012, 8:05 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by bpo26c
Mercedes plat card is still 50K points with $1K in purchases and $475 annual fee.

https://www.mbfs.com/mbfsr/en/misc/creditCard.do

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...d-cards-7.html

Last edited by SanDiego1K; May 8, 2012 at 11:27 am Reason: Corrected annual fee; thanks mia
Old May 5, 2012, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Mercedes plat card is still 50K points with $1K in purchases and $495 annual fee.

https://www.mbfs.com/mbfsr/en/misc/creditCard.do

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...d-cards-7.html
Thank you! $500 in gift cards available after $1k spend + $200 airline credits times two years + airport lounge access...too good to pass up!
Old May 8, 2012, 11:16 am

Has anyone been targeted for 100k recently?
Old May 8, 2012, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by katieq1
Has anyone been targeted for 100k recently?
Received one a couple of weeks ago at my address. Expires on 5/17/2012 for 100K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.