Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX Marco Polo Diamond for Centurion [Ends May 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2011, 4:54 am

This is awesome news! Even if it is just for one year, it is still a great addition by Amex. Wow - this and Delta Gold within a few months. The way I see it, this will entice me to fly on an airline other than those in the Star Alliance. Marketing at work...who knew...
Old Sep 23, 2011, 5:23 am

Programs: AC*75K, Amex Centurion, Marriott Platinum Elite, All Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tyberius
Sadly almost all my flying is planned already so I don't know if I will have a chance to use it within the one year stated.
^This. Unfortunately, I've paid for trips to FLL, SJO, and HKG working Star Alliance hard to try to keep my Elite status.

Any details on if it is for the calendar year or 12 months rolling... Might just have to take my time in sending in the application if it is the latter .
Old Sep 23, 2011, 6:10 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
I think CX Status is on a rolling calendar.

But I am hoping to delay applying for this, as I have booked all of my long-haul trips till July next year, and only one short haul involves CX.

BTW, I still haven't got anything in the mail yet.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by jarusoba
BTW, I still haven't got anything in the mail yet.
Me neither
Old Sep 24, 2011, 5:01 pm

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
If the sign-up forms aren't personalized, can someone possibly PM me a copy so I can mail it in to CX for processing?

I was signed up over the phone for Delta and most other programs, but 2 AMEX ladies I spoke with insisted that they couldn't do a thing to expedite and that I must mail in a form that I'll get in the mail (still waiting on it). I have a CX flight the 2nd week of Oct and would love to enjoy the Diamond benefits. Thanks !
Old Sep 26, 2011, 3:44 pm

Programs: AC SE
anymore news on the MX Gold for CDN AMEX Plats?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 3:47 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
anymore news on the MX Gold for CDN AMEX Plats?
Discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...memberhip.html
Old Sep 28, 2011, 5:41 pm

Programs: AC*75K, Amex Centurion, Marriott Platinum Elite, All Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Still nothing in the mail. Anyone else received the offer?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 7:36 pm

I haven't received anything either.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Originally Posted by tyberius
Looks like after the first year we're kaput.
Actually, that's not quite how I read it. All our complimentary memberships are for one year, and are renewed annually, unless they drop out of the AMEX program. I think this will last as long as CX wants it to.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 9:35 pm
Suspended

Odds on CX Diamond sticking for Cents.

What are your thoughts on CX Diamond continuing for another year?

They have a problem I think with this getting their toes wet approach to the program. The problem for me is that I am bound pretty tightly to Air Canada / Aeroplan for status right now. As a Super Elite, CX Diamond is comparable top tier status and is an option for me to use, but since I don't know if they will be around in another year, it means that I am still bound by the golden handcuffs to Aeroplan.

That is, I need those miles to get status.

If CX had committed whole hog with Centurion, then I would not have the fear of ending up with no status with anyone if I spread my flying around more.

As such, I think this thought is going to cross other people's minds. Certainly if I have to fly anywhere CX is going and it's economy to economy as a choice, then I'll go where I have status and won't have extra fees etc. But with them treating it as an experiment, it will be treated as an experiment by me too, and as a result I don't see how it will work out long term for either of us.

That said, CX Diamond doesn't look like it compares very well with other top tier statuses as there is no form of upgrading other than OP ups, and the dudes in the CX forum seem to freak out at anyone who seems to think that op-ups are something that they deserve.

Other than a stop in a lounge... not quite sure what CX platinum will really give me then.

Anyway I'm betting it doesn't stick because it is not going to drive a whole lot of new business to them, being set up this way.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 3:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
I was approached for a Cent sales pitch in HKG last week and I was told basically it's a wait-and-see thing. No commitment yet to keep it going.

If CX see if brings revenue they will keep offering the CX Diamond benefit.

They wait to see if we bite, we wait to see if they will stick around. Not an ideal scenario in terms of getting commitment.

They probably hoped everyone will jump on board and switch lots of business to CX in a heartbeat.

Little do they know how careful we are.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 12:54 pm

Got my application form back from Centurion Concierge by email today - now to fill in and wait ...
Old Oct 12, 2011, 1:49 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Anyone knows usually how long it would take from sending in the form to actually get upgraded?

I am booked on TPAC travel in mid-Jan 2012, so would like to time it right.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by AmexCent
Anyone knows usually how long it would take from sending in the form to actually get upgraded?

I am booked on TPAC travel in mid-Jan 2012, so would like to time it right.
My application form says it could take 6 weeks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.