Wiki Posts
Search

CX Marco Polo Diamond for Centurion [Ends May 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2011, 6:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by S.Bling
+1

It annoys them to no end when I walk in with a BA Gold - more than a couple of times they tried to deny entry, and I had to call BA themselves to complain....
Yea, and that's never happened to AA elites attempting to enter BA lounges, right?

There is a reason that the term "BA Lounge Dragons" exists...

Regards
Old Apr 17, 2011, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Is this now a confirmed benefit for Amex Cent UK?

I am about to fill in the paperwork for my invitation and this would really swing my vote -I have BA Gold until Nov 2012 but it would be nice not to have to chase OWE after that
Old Apr 17, 2011, 2:58 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Nothing is confirmed at all; other than that some people claim to have spoken to some people at Amex. No names, no paperwork, nothing official.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by csdavidson
Is this now a confirmed benefit for Amex Cent UK?

I am about to fill in the paperwork for my invitation and this would really swing my vote -I have BA Gold until Nov 2012 but it would be nice not to have to chase OWE after that
go ahead and sign up, I think its worth the £1800, especially if you can have your card signed up with 2 MR/£ promo.... ^
Old Apr 26, 2011, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Confirmed

This is a confirmed benefit for IDC Centurion.

Complimentary CX Marco Polo Diamond status for the basic Centurion member.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by jgsx
This is a confirmed benefit for IDC Centurion.

Complimentary CX Marco Polo Diamond status for the basic Centurion member.
You mentioned before that you have Sterling Cent as well, is it for that market as well or only IDC/IEC Cent?

Thanks
Old Apr 27, 2011, 9:02 am
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
You mentioned before that you have Sterling Cent as well, is it for that market as well or only IDC/IEC Cent?

Thanks
Sterling Cent didn't know about it (or didn't let up) when I asked. IDC enrolled me late last week.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by jgsx
Sterling Cent didn't know about it (or didn't let up) when I asked. IDC enrolled me late last week.
I spoke to Cent UK travel and they confirmed that UK cardholders will also be receiving application forms but that the benefit was for only one year after which members will be downgraded if they have not accumulated enough miles!
Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: VS Gold, Delta Platinum, Amex Centurion, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by theflyer77
I spoke to Cent UK travel and they confirmed that UK cardholders will also be receiving application forms but that the benefit was for only one year after which members will be downgraded if they have not accumulated enough miles!

That sucks - so not really a benefit for long then...
Old Apr 27, 2011, 11:47 pm

That's a shame. But really it means you have their lounge access for 2 years (OWS is pretty good as well).
Old Apr 28, 2011, 1:00 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
That's a shame. But really it means you have their lounge access for 2 years (OWS is pretty good as well).
No published soft-landing benefit for CX Marco Polo Club. If you don't credit any miles, they can dump you straight back to Green after the first year.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by NickW
No published soft-landing benefit for CX Marco Polo Club. If you don't credit any miles, they can dump you straight back to Green after the first year.
whoops, showing my ignorance there and assuming all airlines had soft landings (I only have experience with BA and KLM).

Thanks.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 6:44 am

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
whoops, showing my ignorance there and assuming all airlines had soft landings (I only have experience with BA and KLM).

Thanks.
I wasn't aware that KL did soft-landings. IIRC I was dropped from PL down to nothing once, and had to claw my way back up.

BA and VS do soft-landings, as does LY.
Old May 1, 2011, 6:22 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
If this is true then this would be a CX marketing stunt rather than a benefit. A way to make people fly CX.
Old May 1, 2011, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by S.Bling
I wasn't aware that KL did soft-landings. IIRC I was dropped from PL down to nothing once, and had to claw my way back up.

BA and VS do soft-landings, as does LY.
They do. I had Plat/Royal Wing for 13 years and when they refused to honour my Royal Wing years towards Lifetime Plat I stopped flying and was moved down to Gold, then Silver. Next year I lose it all Only make a few flights a year now with KLM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.