Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX Marco Polo Diamond for Centurion [Ends May 2015]

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2011, 4:24 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by H99
"we cannot confirm anything at this time, but are always looking to enhance our benefits. If the situation changes we will be notifying you"
Heh, I got EXACTLY the same words from my account manager.

Nothing in the May Preview about it (Hertz Presi Circle was announced in the last one).
Old May 9, 2011, 6:54 am
H99

Programs: centurion
I've got my invitation. Am currently BA Gold so will look to delay the sign up as long as I can. I wonder if the one year period is so both sides can assess how much benefit they get from it i.e. to Cathay actually get any incremental sales? I'm not aware of status being given for fixed period time-frames previously (although I think Hilton Diamond expires next year, which is a great shame).

If this benefit were to be permanent I would remain a Centurion member for the forseeable - it would be a brilliant upgrade to the card. I haven't investigated whether it makes sense to accumulate points in Cathay vs BA (as a UK based traveller who flies BA very frequently). Probably not I suspect
Old May 9, 2011, 10:01 am

Like you I fly BA a lot as based in London and so BA Gold. As such, permanent *A Gold would be my favoured addition if only one airline benefit was to be added (BD ideally as it has great redemption options). It definitely makes me chose a *A airline when BA inconvenient/not available. M&M isn't bad either. US Cents get *A gold.

That said, its still a nice perk if its retained, for the year when I drop to BA Silver or beyond.

H99 - what country Cent do you have?
Old May 9, 2011, 10:55 am
H99

UK Centurion. For a UK based person who travels on BA regularly but struggles to hit the Gold threshold, having this Marco Polo Diamond on an ongoing basis would be awesome. But going to assume not.

Starwood Gold is not the same as BA Gold IIRC - would need to be top tier (i.e. like UNited 1K) to be equivalent?
Old May 9, 2011, 11:07 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by H99
Starwood Gold is not the same as BA Gold IIRC - would need to be top tier (i.e. like UNited 1K) to be equivalent?
You typed "Starwood" but I think you meant "Star Alliance"?

Star Alliance differs from OneWorld in that there are only two alliance-wide elite levels, Silver and Gold. As I understand it, if you hold Star Alliance Gold status there is no incremental benefit to higher status when flying other alliance members. Higher status will only be of value within your primary carrier's own program.
Old May 9, 2011, 1:03 pm
H99

You are right of course, although what i typed is also true - just meaningless!
Old May 18, 2011, 2:49 am
Vik

I'm in Australia and today I received the complimentary Marco Polo diamond status for the basic Centurion member for one year.
Old May 19, 2011, 2:20 am

Programs: QF, Skywards, SQ, Centurion
Originally Posted by Vik
I'm in Australia and today I received the complimentary Marco Polo diamond status for the basic Centurion member for one year.
We got one in the mail also. There doesn't appear to be a "must apply before" date, so were thinking of holding off so we close to travelling so we can maximise the 12 months...
Old May 19, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: AMEX Cent, AF Gold
Have a German Cent and received the invite for CX Marco Polo Diamond for one year today... will see how useful it is ...
At least the first airline benefit... so a good move into the right direction! ^
Old May 19, 2011, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by blackbeetle
Have a German Cent and received the invite for CX Marco Polo Diamond for one year today... will see how useful it is ...
At least the first airline benefit... so a good move into the right direction! ^
Hope some of this will trickle down to the Confederation. That wouldbe somethingI can really use.
Old May 20, 2011, 1:03 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent

Interesting. You're saying that you have a German Centurion card. I assume that by "German" you mean a "regular" Centurion and not an IDC/IEC Centurion card. Thanks for confirming. (I'm asking this because it was my understanding that this promotion was only for IDC Centurions.)
Old May 20, 2011, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by JohnRain
(I'm asking this because it was my understanding that this promotion was only for IDC Centurions.)
Its apparently a select group of worldwide Cents getting the offer, excl. US.

Seems this has caused quite a stir in the CX forum. Members complaining to CX etc. People value their perceived exclusivity too much - one member implied that CX Diamond is more exclusive than a Cent. CX Diamond is a FF benefit, not an exclusive invite-only club. So long as benefits and services stay the same, they should have nothing to complain about. Maybe CX should have comped CX Diamond+ (their invite-only level) to Cent members as its not something normal FF can attain, lol. Its not like we complain that Cent is occasionally comped to some celebrities and CEOs who haven't gone through attaining a perfect payment record, stumped up $5k sign-up fees and spent $250k on the card in a year and living in an airplane.....
Old May 21, 2011, 1:19 am

Programs: AMEX Cent, AF Gold
Have a "normal" German card.
After the 750 Euro voucher for the jeweler and the 500 USD voucher for the Orient Express hotels, AMEX is trying hard now to satisfy us... and at least for me that works :-)

Last edited by blackbeetle; May 22, 2011 at 1:47 pm
Old May 21, 2011, 9:36 am

Die Deutsche Express Centurion Karte
Old May 21, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
After the 750 Euro voucher for the jeweler and the 500 Euro voucher for the Orient Express hotels, AMEX is trying hard now to satisfy us... and at least for me that works :-)
Did you really get EUR500 for the OE Hotels? because your card is issued in the EU?

I only got USD500, not even CAD500 while my card is issued in Canada.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.