Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX Marco Polo Diamond for Centurion [Ends May 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:50 am
H99

Programs: centurion
just checked and i have this also - suggests this is indeed a permanent benefit which is terrific

i havent received a new card for the new membership year. does anyone else have experience of flying on BA with diamond cathay membership expired or otherwise?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 1:22 pm

Programs: MR Silver, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Gold, Cathay Pacific Gold
Originally Posted by H99
just checked and i have this also - suggests this is indeed a permanent benefit which is terrific

i havent received a new card for the new membership year. does anyone else have experience of flying on BA with diamond cathay membership expired or otherwise?
I have used the cathay gold card in a number of BA lounges in the UK and Europe and never had a problem.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA Gd, VS Gd, EK Gd, AB Gd, Hilton Dimd, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, SPG Gd, Carlson Gd, Sirrus Gd
Originally Posted by H99

Got new card and two metal luggage tags a couple of weeks ago.

Over the last year card has been used exclusively on BA flights - access to Galleries First and other european lounges (with Mrs O), early free seat selection, early boarding - normally book flight with MP number then change to BA at the lounge but have also changed after online print of boarding pass and even after flight. Status has always been shown on boarding pass so never needed to show MP diamond card.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:34 pm

Programs: MR Silver, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Gold, Cathay Pacific Gold
Originally Posted by oystercatcher

Over the last year card has been used exclusively on BA flights - access to Galleries First and other european lounges (with Mrs O), early free seat selection, early boarding - normally book flight with MP number then change to BA at the lounge but have also changed after online print of boarding pass and even after flight. Status has always been shown on boarding pass so never needed to show MP diamond card.
question: if you book with MP number then change back to BA have you encountered any issues in miles/tier points not registering on your BA account?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt

Can you get early free seat selection based on being CX Diamond / Oneworld Sapphire? AFAIK, this benefit is only available to BA's own elite members. Please enlighten me.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Gd, VS Gd, EK Gd, AB Gd, Hilton Dimd, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, SPG Gd, Carlson Gd, Sirrus Gd
No, not had a problem, I decided to leave the MP number in place on my first use but when the miles hadn't posted to my Marco Polo account a week later, I changed my mind and claimed missing miles through my BA account - worked fine for me.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:12 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Just out of curiosity, I'd be interested in hearing about upgrades (on any OneWorld airline) that were a direct result of the CX Marco Polo Diamond status. Thanks for sharing.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by jarusoba
Can you get early free seat selection based on being CX Diamond / Oneworld Sapphire? AFAIK, this benefit is only available to BA's own elite members. Please enlighten me.
The excellent BA forum dashboard identifies for both eurotraveller and CE under "seat selection" that "Free seat choice from the time of booking for all passengers on the booking" and that no fee is applicable and that this applies to BA Gold & Silver and One World Emerald and sapphire.

From a practical perspective, after making the booking I go into my lowly BA Blue a/c and see on the booking the invitation to the lounge and the ability to select seats. Again thanks to the BA dashboard, I have sucessfully chased the moving CE curtain to snag the prized first row eurotraveller A&C seats on all our flights - changing seats with the moving curtain has also been no problem.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
The excellent BA forum dashboard identifies for both eurotraveller and CE under "seat selection" that "Free seat choice from the time of booking for all passengers on the booking" and that no fee is applicable and that this applies to BA Gold & Silver and One World Emerald and sapphire.

From a practical perspective, after making the booking I go into my lowly BA Blue a/c and see on the booking the invitation to the lounge and the ability to select seats. Again thanks to the BA dashboard, I have sucessfully chased the moving CE curtain to snag the prized first row eurotraveller A&C seats on all our flights - changing seats with the moving curtain has also been no problem.
Thank you. Just took a look. This piece of info is no where to be found on BA.com. I'm not a frequent BA user but need to select some seats on some BA C segments in the RGN mistake fare runs. This is useful!
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:12 pm

I've used mine to access quite a few lounges since getting it, BA always seem to enter the number somewhere, I assume as some kind of cross charge as part of OO.

I typically fly BA, and never manage to get above silver, but I do use my Avios a lot. Question.. Has anyone change to quoting their CX number for all BA flights? Are the points accrued on MP similar to BA? Can you transfer miles back to BA?

Would also be interesting to know if you flew BA and your sapphire status was listed then you got upgraded based on that status, as in theory you are listed on the manifest as a top tier just below gold I assume or silver.. Which if you never manage to get up there, then has the potential to work in your favour

Mine doesn't expire until April, and while some say they have got renewed others giving the usual confused and mixed message from Amex I'll have to wait and see..

My renewal is coming next month, and I read some are saying Hilton Diamond is being dropped.. Now if that drops yet again I need rethink the value.. But if you add ongoing CX status its something that so far this year I have used a lot.

Priorityclub Platinum
Hilton Diamond
CX Diamond

Those 3 would keep my business (assuming they want it)
Old Oct 21, 2012, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by MattUK
I've used mine to access quite a few lounges since getting it, BA always seem to enter the number somewhere, I assume as some kind of cross charge as part of OO.

I typically fly BA, and never manage to get above silver, but I do use my Avios a lot. Question.. Has anyone change to quoting their CX number for all BA flights? Are the points accrued on MP similar to BA? Can you transfer miles back to BA?

Would also be interesting to know if you flew BA and your sapphire status was listed then you got upgraded based on that status, as in theory you are listed on the manifest as a top tier just below gold I assume or silver.. Which if you never manage to get up there, then has the potential to work in your favour

Mine doesn't expire until April, and while some say they have got renewed others giving the usual confused and mixed message from Amex I'll have to wait and see..

My renewal is coming next month, and I read some are saying Hilton Diamond is being dropped.. Now if that drops yet again I need rethink the value.. But if you add ongoing CX status its something that so far this year I have used a lot.

Priorityclub Platinum
Hilton Diamond
CX Diamond

Those 3 would keep my business (assuming they want it)
I hold Amex Plat and recently contacted Priorityclub for a status match using my Hilton Gold as bait. They happily confirmed I am now Priorityclub Platinum, just in case you decide to downgrade to Amex Plat.

Makes me think if I was to contact Hilton for a status match using Priority Plat as bait wonder if they would upgrade me to Diamond? @:-)
Old Oct 22, 2012, 4:56 am
jln

Programs: AMEX Cent, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bea13abc
I hold Amex Plat and recently contacted Priorityclub for a status match using my Hilton Gold as bait. They happily confirmed I am now Priorityclub Platinum, just in case you decide to downgrade to Amex Plat.

Makes me think if I was to contact Hilton for a status match using Priority Plat as bait wonder if they would upgrade me to Diamond? @:-)
Quick question: isn't a status match a one time thing - ever?

As I understand it, if companies are willing to give you a status match in the first place, it's usually a one time thing? Or am I mistaken?

Has anyone received a status match on a on a recurring basis?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
My Diamond status has just auto renewed till 2013. Looks like it is more than a one year benefit for UK Cents

Rather suprised that Centurion have not been shouting out about this bearing in mind the previous negative responses, I rate it as one of the best benefits - especially for BA use.
Renewed here too with German Centurion card.
The letter did however mention "for an additional" year.
I still don't believe this to be a permanent feature..?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, QF Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
yes, same for Australian Centurion. This from my RM:

The Marco Polo membership was introduced as a 1 year only offer – however it’s been very popular and Cathay has agreed with AX to extend it for another year at Diamond level for Centurion cardholders.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: Amex Cent, Hilton Diamond, CX Gold
Do they only renew for selected members only or for all centurion members?

Mine is going to be expire on 31st Oct but still not yet received anything from them.

Wonder if the renewal decided by CX or Amex?

Also curious if anyone didn't renew their diamond status by CX or Amex ?

Last edited by 22cents; Oct 26, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.