Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [2010 -2014]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2014, 9:35 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Rus925
Anyone else notice FHR now saying the extra Palazzo benefit is the 4pm checkout? I guess there are no more credits or special gifts at Palazzo.
I just looked and it says:

• Noon check-in, when available
  • Room upgrade upon arrival, when available*
  • Daily breakfast for two people
  • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout
  • Additional special amenity unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people** : US$100 spa services credit to be used during your stay.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 12:34 am

Staying at the Palazzo now.

At the moment FHR benefits include:

Early check in (actually checked in at 9AM today - the Friday of Halloween weekend in Vegas, pretty impressive).

Late check out at 4PM.

$60/day credit for breakfast at the Grand Lux Cafe in the hotel.

$100 spa credit.

BOGO free drink ticket at one of the Palazzo bars.

1 free coffee or drink at a Palazzo coffee shop.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 1:19 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Checked out of the Bellagio today after two nights.

Checked in at the "Invited Guest" counter, which had no line at all (compared to the 10+ in every other line). Was able to check in early at 11:30AM, and had FHR benefits clearly explained.

They included:

Breakfast credit: $30 pp per day, usable at Cafe Bellagio, Cafe Gelato, The Buffet or Pool Cafe.

Property credit: $100 property credit can be redeemed at spa or salon (excl products)
or
Dining at The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Jasmine, Michael Mina, Lily Bar & Lounge, Petrossian Bar, Sensi and Pool Cafe. (excl alcohol and gratuity)

It's unfortunate that the property credit was too limited to be of real use to us; most of the restaurants where it works don't open until dinner, and we already had plans both nights. The Buffet is fine for lunch, but there are far better options. I was hoping to be able to apply the credit at Olives.

Booked a base level room, and was updated to a nice Deluxe Fountain View.

Late check-out offered but not needed. Check-out was much, much slower, as there was no priority line and things don't move fast. We waited 15-20 minutes before being helped.

All in all, a solid stay. For where we needed to be, the location of the Bellagio couldn't be beat, and the FHR amenities made the hotel a great value.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 3:18 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LM225
Property credit: $100 property credit can be redeemed at spa or salon (excl products)
or
Dining at The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Jasmine, Michael Mina, Lily Bar & Lounge, Petrossian Bar, Sensi and Pool Cafe. (excl alcohol and gratuity)

It's unfortunate that the property credit was too limited to be of real use to us; most of the restaurants where it works don't open until dinner, and we already had plans both nights. The Buffet is fine for lunch, but there are far better options. I was hoping to be able to apply the credit at Olives.
Glad it was a good stay overall but agree that's a disappointing downgrade in the benefits. I used it before at Olives and it was an excellent lunch - the credit even covered the tip so zero to pay!
Old Nov 4, 2014, 5:20 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Glad it was a good stay overall but agree that's a disappointing downgrade in the benefits. I used it before at Olives and it was an excellent lunch - the credit even covered the tip so zero to pay!
I agree. What swayed my choice to book the Bellagio (over Palazzo at a similar rate) was the F&B credit, which I -- generally -- find more useful/valuable than a spa credit.

In the future, that factor won't influence my decision unless we plan on having dinner at one of the Bellagio restaurants, as the credit doesn't have much value to me otherwise.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:31 am

Will do. Thanks all.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Olvies's lunch is the virtuoso benefit.
Maybe why this is excluded from FHR ?
Old Nov 5, 2014, 11:34 pm

Does anyone know if the Bellagio food credit can be used at any MGM hotel or just Bellagio? I know when you pay at any MGM hotel you just select the hotel and write in room # but unsure if this credit applies...
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by sedubby
Does anyone know if the Bellagio food credit can be used at any MGM hotel or just Bellagio? I know when you pay at any MGM hotel you just select the hotel and write in room # but unsure if this credit applies...
As mentioned up-thread just a few posts, these are the only places it is accepted:

Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by LM225
Checked out of the Bellagio today after two nights.

Checked in at the "Invited Guest" counter, which had no line at all (compared to the 10+ in every other line). Was able to check in early at 11:30AM, and had FHR benefits clearly explained.

They included:

Breakfast credit: $30 pp per day, usable at Cafe Bellagio, Cafe Gelato, The Buffet or Pool Cafe.

or

Booked a base level room, and was updated to a nice Deluxe Fountain View.

Late check-out offered but not needed. Check-out was much, much slower, as there was no priority line and things don't move fast. We waited 15-20 minutes before being helped.

All in all, a solid stay. For where we needed to be, the location of the Bellagio couldn't be beat, and the FHR amenities made the hotel a great value.
does the Bellagio $100 property food/spa credit have to be used all at one time (as a voucher?), or does it get taken off the portfolio at check out? I'd like to know if I can use at 2 locations, or take 2 trips to the cafe.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by SnoopDaddy
does the Bellagio $100 property food/spa credit have to be used all at one time (as a voucher?), or does it get taken off the portfolio at check out? I'd like to know if I can use at 2 locations, or take 2 trips to the cafe.
Taken off the folio. You must charge meals to your room to have the credit applied. We stayed this week and found that they find $100 in food charges and zero rate them so they are not even on your bill.

Note that tax and gratuity are line items for each purchase and appear individually on your folio.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Returned to the Mandarin Oriental recently and can report back:

Very low slow season rates, coupled with a 4th night free promotion, made this stay basically a steal even after the chintzy daily resort fee. That was balanced out by a surprise additional $50 credit.

Upgraded one room category (for the first time in a while here).

$100 spa credit went towards two trips to the really awesome day spa. Never showed up on the bill.

Breakfasts were covered except for tips. Breakfast is great here - crispiest bacon you'll find anywhere.

They sent up a surprise birthday dessert for me.

The Mandarin bar continues to rock. You don't need to be a guest to use it -- but there seemed to be preference on reservations if you are one.

Not a perfect stay, however:

Housekeeping didn't make it to the room until after 3:00 on the first two days (not sure when they cleaned on the third). That's too late for my tastes.

They evidently made a mistake and handed me a Centurion welcome card that mentioned a $200 credit. At checkout, they said the clerk on check in made a mistake and that I was not entitled to that. Not sure that was handled too well.

A maintenance guy knocking on the door past midnight to fix my TV -- evidently had the wrong room. I happened to be in the room and awake but would have been very mad in other circumstances.

They took 9% tax out on the $50 credit so it was only $44-something. Weird.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Yahtzee

They took 9% tax out on the $50 credit so it was only $44-something. Weird.
that's VERY cheap
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:49 pm

Returned to the Mandarin Oriental recently and can report back:

Very low slow season rates, coupled with a 4th night free promotion, made this stay basically a steal even after the chintzy daily resort fee. That was balanced out by a surprise additional $50 credit.
Can you share what the rate was for the "Very low slow season"?
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Quote:

Can you share what the rate was for the "Very low slow season"?
$225/night I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.