Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [2010 -2014]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
Originally Posted by yojimbo
"Regular suite is slightly less than V. Figured the up charge might... Get me into H."

gotcha.....some have reported success getting upgrade from V to H
I had booked a V room for the same reason to try to get into an H suite. I was already in Vegas and staying at the Aria just prior to my stay at the Hotel so just dropped in at the Hotel in the morning of check-in and requested an upgrade and advised them that I was flexible in my check-in time. The front desk made a quick call to the room inventory and told me that an H suite was ready and if I wanted he could check me in right away at 9:00 A.M.^
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia
Just got back from spending a long weekend at the Bellagio, my favorite hotel. This trip I spent a bit of time talking with the staff about the FHR upgrades, so I thought I would pass on how I understand the program at that hotel:

(1) The FHR upgrades are for non-suite hotel rooms. Basically the upgrades equate to fountain view, such as resort to fountain view or fountain view to premier fountain view.

(2) Standard rooms do not upgrade to suites and, as I understand, suites do not upgrade within their own category. Bellagio suites will not upgrade to larger Penthouse suites. And views within the suite categories will not upgrade. Thus, a resort view room will upgrade to a fountain view, but a resort view penthouse suite is just that, it will never upgrade to a fountain view penthouse suite unless the hotel provides the upgrade because of high occupancy. Also I've been lucky occasionally to be upgraded to fountain view rooms on their highest suite floors-- rooms which can also be booked as second bedrooms connecting to penthouse suites-- but that room category if booked directly through AMEX will not confer FHR benefits. If you specifically want that room, you do not receive the breakfast and other benefit vouchers. Similarly, if you book the Penthouse suite with the connecting second bedroom, there are no FHR bennies for the second bedroom.

(3) Three key benefits that AMEX doesn't seem to mention: If you book a Bellagio suite or Penthouse suite, you can check in at the Chairman's Lounge and enjoy the snacks and beverages throughout your visit. Also if you book a Penthouse suite (or a lower category Bellagio suite at a room rate of at least $400 per night), the hotel will provide complimentary airport transfers in their limos. Bellagio and Penthouse suites also include VIP line passes for the Cafe Bellagio and the Buffet.

By the way, be sure to allot time to stop by the Centurion lounge at LAS. The lounge now provides Platinum card holders free access. The service is excellent, the food and beverage selection outstanding. The lounge even offers a smoking 50MB WIFI internet connection which made it easy to download some TV shows on my iPAD to watch on the flight home.

Last edited by LAXRuss; Nov 13, 2013 at 10:40 am
Old Nov 13, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia
Originally Posted by leandrorar
Just to point out, one hour before checking out an FHR stay at the Bellagio, I burned $128 worth on breakfast coupons at the Cafe Gelato. It was 3PM and they took them at $16 each.

So you can use them at any time, at any rate.
At the Bellagio Cafe they also say you can use the coupons for lunch or dinner credit in lieu of breakfast. However, the wait staff at Cafe Bellagio always tell me that they will only accept a maximum of one coupon per person in group per visit. If Cafe Gelato will always accept multiple coupons per visit as pure credit, that is a good deal worth knowing about.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 7:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Thanks for the details. Very helpful ! I am currently planning my stay at Bellagio next month. Are you sure that a Bellagio suite includes check-in at Chairman's Lounge ? On the phone, the reservation agent did mention that to me but I didn't find that info on the hotel website.

Originally Posted by LAXRuss
Just got back from spending a long weekend at the Bellagio, my favorite hotel. This trip I spent a bit of time talking with the staff about the FHR upgrades, so I thought I would pass on how I understand the program at that hotel:

(1) The FHR upgrades are for non-suite hotel rooms. Basically the upgrades equate to fountain view, such as resort to fountain view or fountain view to premier fountain view.

(2) Standard rooms do not upgrade to suites and, as I understand, suites do not upgrade within their own category. Bellagio suites will not upgrade to larger Penthouse suites. And views within the suite categories will not upgrade. Thus, a resort view room will upgrade to a fountain view, but a resort view penthouse suite is just that, it will never upgrade to a fountain view penthouse suite unless the hotel provides the upgrade because of high occupancy. Also I've been lucky occasionally to be upgraded to fountain view rooms on their highest suite floors-- rooms which can also be booked as second bedrooms connecting to penthouse suites-- but that room category if booked directly through AMEX will not confer FHR benefits. If you specifically want that room, you do not receive the breakfast and other benefit vouchers. Similarly, if you book the Penthouse suite with the connecting second bedroom, there are no FHR bennies for the second bedroom.

(3) Three key benefits that AMEX doesn't seem to mention: If you book a Bellagio suite or Penthouse suite, you can check in at the Chairman's Lounge and enjoy the snacks and beverages throughout your visit. Also if you book a Penthouse suite (or a lower category Bellagio suite at a room rate of at least $400 per night), the hotel will provide complimentary airport transfers in their limos. Bellagio and Penthouse suites also include VIP line passes for the Cafe Bellagio and the Buffet.

By the way, be sure to allot time to stop by the Centurion lounge at LAS. The lounge now provides Platinum card holders free access. The service is excellent, the food and beverage selection outstanding. The lounge even offers a smoking 50MB WIFI internet connection which made it easy to download some TV shows on my iPAD to watch on the flight home.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 7:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by levilevi
Thanks for a response.. currently booked Deluxe Fountain View @ Bellagio through FHR, I looked on the web, it looks like the upgrade from there is to Premier Fountain View ... higher floor it seems is the difference. Rate is OK, just Aria (not through FHR) is about $50/night cheaper, granted no 4pm checkout or breakfast/food credit, but have mLife Gold so upgrade if available there too... my takeaway after all the reading here is that main Vegas FHR bene is the late check out and food/spa/breakfast credits. Upgrades are a nice bonus if they are to be had.
If you like Aria and want guaranteed late check-out you can book through Virtuoso. Their rate is 10% off best available rate which is more expensive than your 25% off through mLife but you get breakfast, a small $25 resort credit, 2 spa passes, and late check-out.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 5:01 pm

Programs: Various
Stay at THEhotel at Mandalay Bay this weekend, booked two rooms. One was offered a room upgrade to a V suite, other was left as is.

There was a letter given at checkin:

- Early noon check-in when avail
- Room upgrade on arrival when avail
- late checkout at 4pm.
- $100 spa credit offered for each room
- $40 (per person per night), up to $80/day for breakfast/lunch at TheCafe or TheCoffee Bar, plus

Credits can't be used for gratuities or alcohol.

Resort fee of $20 was added per room per night - was not told about this by Centurion when I booked

Nice rooms, but was really not impressed when I called down to room service to ask for a wine opener and two additional wine glasses to be told:
- 45 minute lead time
- $2.70 charge for the wine opener, and $1 per glass

Wouldn't stay there again based on that - it's meant to be a 5* hotel! Back to the Mandarin Oriental for me.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 5:38 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by RichardMannion
- $40 (per person per night), up to $80/day for breakfast/lunch at TheCafe or TheCoffee Bar, plus
It was $40 per person per night? When I was there a while back it was $20 per person, $40 per room per night. That would be quite an improvement.

Were they certificates (that you could possibly accumulate and use more than one day's allowance at once)? Or just a credit to be taken off the bill?

Last edited by mia; Nov 19, 2013 at 5:43 pm Reason: Prune quotation
Old Nov 20, 2013, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by colerc
It was $40 per person per night? When I was there a while back it was $20 per person, $40 per room per night. That would be quite an improvement.

Were they certificates (that you could possibly accumulate and use more than one day's allowance at once)? Or just a credit to be taken off the bill?
I was there a year ago and it was $40.00 per person (max 2 people) per night for a total of $80.00.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:49 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Retired FF
I was there a year ago and it was $40.00 per person (max 2 people) per night for a total of $80.00.
Thanks, good to know -- that's quite generous really. Especially since I have a stay booked there next month for right around $80 per night (before resort fee, but even still).
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by RichardMannion
Stay at THEhotel at Mandalay Bay this weekend, booked two rooms. One was offered a room upgrade to a V suite, other was left as is.

There was a letter given at checkin:

- Early noon check-in when avail
- Room upgrade on arrival when avail
- late checkout at 4pm.
- $100 spa credit offered for each room

Credits can't be used for gratuities or alcohol.

Resort fee of $20 was added per room per night - was not told about this by Centurion when I booked

Nice rooms, but was really not impressed when I called down to room service to ask for a wine opener and two additional wine glasses to be told:
- 45 minute lead time
- $2.70 charge for the wine opener, and $1 per glass

Wouldn't stay there again based on that - it's meant to be a 5* hotel! Back to the Mandarin Oriental for me.

The internet was a little slow when I was there and they automatically waived the resort fee without any hesitation.

I still think thehotel is a great value 80 dollars for 2 people for breakfast is awsome. I stayed there for two days about a month ago and we would eat enough not to be hungry until dinner!

The spa prices on the other hand is absolutely outragous! I can't believe how much they charge just for a simple massage.

The front desk lady told me that generally they upgrade V suite guests to an M suite? which I heard is a smaller version of the H suite.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Thanks, good to know -- that's quite generous really. Especially since I have a stay booked there next month for right around $80 per night (before resort fee, but even still).
Can confirm as I was there a month ago.

Very easy to reach the $80 at Thecafe as a couple though...
Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: AA PLT, 3MM, DL Plat, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
I returned yesterday from a weekend stay at theHotel.

I didn't receive an upgrade from the regular suite. The suite was a bit tired...worn carpet and furnishing.....but still a very nice space.

$80/day food credit seems like a very good deal, esp since my room rate was $88/night, plus $20 resort fee.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 6:36 pm

We actually used our $80.00 credit by having a nice lunch instead of breakfast. ^
Old Nov 21, 2013, 1:13 am

Was looking at the 2014 FHR for Vegas, noticed 2 things.

1. Four Seasons changed its amenities to $100 spa credit (boo) instead of dinner credit.

2. Palazzo is no longer on the list. Cost them too much to be part of the FHR ?
Old Nov 21, 2013, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by anchor79
2. Palazzo is no longer on the list. Cost them too much to be part of the FHR ?
Does seem that way (and the Venetian) , although have they finalised the hotels for 2104?

Shame is they have removed it as it's a great property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.