Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [2010 -2014]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2012, 11:36 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by MoneyBagger
The $500 is listed as a resort credit so it should be used for food/drink/spa treatments etc. It shouldn't be used to pay for your accomodation or gambling (PTS made this quite clear to me when I asked about the offer).

They should remove the $500, or however much less than that you spend, on food/drink/spa treatments etc. when you check out. I think the resort credit will include taxes, but not so sure whether it includes gratuities.
Thanks for your quick reply MoneyBagger

All clear apart from one bit which is the "It shouldn't be used to pay for your accomodation..."

Are you sure about this? This certainly wasn't made clear to me although I did find it strange that they took this deposit. Surely if you stay one night @ 200$ and spend say 250$ they stay is "free" (gratuities etc. excluded)

Can anybody else who has taken up the offer confirm?

Many thanks^
Old Jul 7, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by DragonMartini
3 night FHR stay at TheHotel at Mandalay Bay in Vegas.

$82.99/night. Given upgrade to V-suite. $40 in breakfast certs each day. $100 spa credit (which we just used for day passes to spa and fitness center).

Very pleased with the deal. Recommend if you can get it.
The Hotel for years was my favorite but in the past few years it's gotten run down and tired. Badly in need of a face lift to the rooms. Am using the Four Seasons on the other side of the lobby
Old Jul 7, 2012, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by terminalfive
Thanks for your quick reply MoneyBagger

All clear apart from one bit which is the "It shouldn't be used to pay for your accomodation..."

Are you sure about this? This certainly wasn't made clear to me although I did find it strange that they took this deposit. Surely if you stay one night @ 200$ and spend say 250$ they stay is "free" (gratuities etc. excluded)

Can anybody else who has taken up the offer confirm?

Many thanks^
Apologies, I am wrong.

In AMEX's recent brochure sent out to me, it includes this offer and says in the T&Cs, "Platinum members can receive US$500 resort credit to be used towards all room charges including the room rate. US$500 will be deducted from the final bill at check-out". So it can be used for room rates. This is annoying as I was told it couldn't

They should refund your deposit to your card before you check out then.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 11:56 am

Apologies, I am wrong.

In AMEX's recent brochure sent out to me, it includes this offer and says in the T&Cs, "Platinum members can receive US$500 resort credit to be used towards all room charges including the room rate. US$500 will be deducted from the final bill at check-out". So it can be used for room rates. This is annoying as I was told it couldn't

They should refund your deposit to your card before you check out then.
MoneyBagger thanks a lot - very kind!!

It really is a great promo - I'll post my experience when I'm back^
Old Jul 7, 2012, 12:04 pm

MoneyBagger thanks a lot - very kind!!

It really is a great promo - I'll post my experience when I'm back^
No worries!

It is a really good promo - I'm annoyed at AMEX as I could technically have used the offer by staying one night at the Aria using the $500, next night at another hotel, stayed the following night at the Aria again using another $500...

I've even got an email from PTS agent stating the $500 cannot be used against the room rate! Oh well...another complaint to PTS is in order!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 12:08 pm

No worries!

It is a really good promo - I'm annoyed at AMEX as I could technically have used the offer by staying one night at the Aria using the $500, next night at another hotel, stayed the following night at the Aria again using another $500...

I've even got an email from PTS agent stating the $500 cannot be used against the room rate! Oh well...another complaint to PTS is in order!
But can you use this promo more than once??

I.e. -> check in on Fri check out on Sat, stay at M.O. then go back check in on Sun check out on Mon? Isn't it one per customer?
Old Jul 7, 2012, 12:15 pm

Actually it says redeemable one time only in the T&Cs at the bottom - solves that then!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 12:30 pm

Actually it says redeemable one time only in the T&Cs at the bottom - solves that then!
Sounded too good to be true!!!

Thanks anyway^
Old Jul 7, 2012, 2:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Just stayed in the Aria on this $500 promotion. Booked a corner suite for 280 incl. taxes and resort fee for one night and was told at checkin that I was eligible for an upgrade if available(receptionist seemed to suggest that this was part of the promotion but it might have just been that they had sold out of corner suites).

Was upgraded to a 1500sq foot Penthouse Aria Sky Suite . Best hotel night ever, separate living room, dining room/kitchen, bedroom and 2 bathrooms incl heated toilet seat. Shower room doubled as a steam room.

Enjoyed spending the remaining $220 on a delicious 4 course room service dinner including bottle of bubbly. As a sky suite I also had access to the lounge for free drinks and snacks. All this for absolutely nothing, very generous promotion.

Well almost nothing, turns out gratuity is not included so I still had to pay this and as a result I ended up not using all of my resort credit not realising this. Still a great deal though.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 2:35 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Just stayed in the Aria on this $500 promotion. Booked a corner suite for 280 incl. taxes and resort fee for one night and was told at checkin that I was eligible for an upgrade if available(receptionist seemed to suggest that this was part of the promotion but it might have just been that they had sold out of corner suites).

Was upgraded to a 1500sq foot Penthouse Aria Sky Suite . Best hotel night ever, separate living room, dining room/kitchen, bedroom and 2 bathrooms incl heated toilet seat. Shower room doubled as a steam room.

Enjoyed spending the remaining $220 on a delicious 4 course room service dinner including bottle of bubbly. As a sky suite I also had access to the lounge for free drinks and snacks. All this for absolutely nothing, very generous promotion.

Well almost nothing, turns out gratuity is not included so I still had to pay this and as a result I ended up not using all of my resort credit not realising this. Still a great deal though.
And all the Legionnaires D you want !!!!!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 3:18 pm

Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [Beginning Q4 2010]

Enigma - how did you pay for yr gratuity? Did they charge your card and they refunded the difference (deposit minus gratuity)?
Old Jul 7, 2012, 3:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Enigma - how did you pay for yr gratuity? Did they charge your card and they refunded the difference (deposit minus gratuity)?
Correct, they refunded the deposit minus gratuity. They only refunded the deposit on my request though and I suspect if I hadn't requested it they might not have done it as they seem slightly unfamiliar with this offer.

I also got a 2pm checkout although they rang me at 12:05pm asking me if I needed help with my bags(the most backhanded polite way to say "why haven't you checked out yet?"). They didn't seem to believe me when I said I was told on checkin that I had a 2pm checkout but after being put on hold, they said they were extending my checkout to 2pm. Go figure.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:06 pm

Venetian

The FHR site currently shows the Venetian as giving, in addition to the horrible breakfast many have spoke of:

"A complimentary lunch or dinner for up to two people per room, excluding alcohol, taxes and gratuities, once during your stay."

Can anyone elaborate on what this lunch or dinner consists of? Coupon vouchers? fixed menu at limited restaurant choices? Quality of choices? Worth anywhere near $100?

Also, it seems there is no mention of $100 spa credit anymore at Venetian, instead of lunch or dinner

Last edited by frankiwa; Jul 8, 2012 at 1:34 pm
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:31 pm

You could have read up thread and answered your questions . . . Mentioned more than a couple times
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: All Around Nobody
Originally Posted by frankiwa
The FHR site currently shows the Venetian as giving, in addition to the horrible breakfast many have spoke of:

"A complimentary lunch or dinner for up to two people per room, excluding alcohol, taxes and gratuities, once during your stay."

Can anyone elaborate on what this lunch or dinner consists of? Coupon vouchers? fixed menu at limited restaurant choices? Quality of choices? Worth anywhere near $100?

Also, it seems there is no mention of $100 spa credit anymore at Venetian, instead of lunch or dinner
Pre fixe menu at Pinot Brasserie, they seem to have expanded some of the selections on the menu. At least that's how it appeared comparing my Dec 11 and Mar 12 stays

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.