Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2009, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Gamecock
Some interior pics of one with what is described as J seats.

http://crj.bombardier.com/CRJ/en/int...d=en&crjId=700
It was interesting to note that almost half of the seats in coach on these routes will also enjoy more legroom than the standrad 31" : "6 business class seats at 37 inch pitch; 28 seats at 34 inch pitch; 32 seats at 31 inch pitch."
-- Suzanne
Old Sep 18, 2009, 5:59 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
The re-configured planes will all be O'Hare-based, operating 64 daily flights from O'Hare and 5 from Dallas. Of course, 22 more CR7s will also be arriving, hopefully re-opening some markets from Chicago and possibly opening up longer-haul RJ flying from Miami.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by Gamecock
For purely selfish reasons I would love to see ORD-CLT or DFW-CAE.
+1 of course here, but since CLT's Eagle Service is all ERJs (of one form or another), I am not optimistic that we will benefit from the CR7 project. Having said that hope is not necessarily rationale and always springs eternal.

Safe Travels.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 8:58 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SuzanneSLO
It was interesting to note that almost half of the seats in coach on these routes will also enjoy more legroom than the standrad 31" : "6 business class seats at 37 inch pitch; 28 seats at 34 inch pitch; 32 seats at 31 inch pitch."
-- Suzanne
you are making a big assumption that AA will configure the CR7s to the seat map in the link.
1) I doubt AA would go for 2 different seat pitches in economy - think MRTC.
2) AA has not indicated how may seats will be in first or if they they will be 1 x 1 or 1 x 2. There could be just 1 row or maybe 4 or 5 - who knows. Only time till tell. But I doubt it will match the sample seat map provided by the manufacturer.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by mach92
Are they putting in a F lav like the other CRJ-700 operators?

It would be nice. The rear CR7 lav is perhaps the smallest space into which I've squeezed myself in my entire adult life!
Old Sep 19, 2009, 6:52 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
DCA-ORD (et au retour). ^
Old Sep 19, 2009, 6:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Rumours from elsewhere seem to indicate 9 FC seats
Old Sep 19, 2009, 7:41 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I think the rumors are up to 9 F seats. If an official decision has been made, it has not been communicated.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jabrams72
Rumours from elsewhere seem to indicate 9 FC seats
That would seem like a lot of FC seats for such a small plane, unless they think they can actually sell them. Who buys FC on such relatively short routes? Would probably be sold primarily to passengers connecting to international. My money is on 2 rows of 1x2 for 6 seats.

How will service work on these aircraft? I assume there are 2 FAs -- does one do the FC service while the other does Y solo, and then the FA goes to help in the back (thereby abandoning the FC Pax)? How does UA and DL do it?
Old Sep 19, 2009, 8:21 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
Just like the old day of the F*kker

Originally Posted by Abidjan
A new Barbie Dream jet to complain about. I remember taking many F100 flights into/out of DCA. Not exactly my favorite form of transport with the cramped overhead bins and tight seats.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 8:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by SFOJFK
A new Barbie Dream jet to complain about. I remember taking many F100 flights into/out of DCA. Not exactly my favorite form of transport with the cramped overhead bins and tight seats.
well I'd rather have the Fokker than the RJ's now

I'm lucky tomorrow i'm on a Super 80

Originally Posted by Abidjan
my first thought as well
Old Sep 19, 2009, 8:30 am

Programs: AA Explat / UA Silver
Do we know if they will be installing ovens in the F galley? Or will they only serve cold F meals?

Matt
Old Sep 19, 2009, 8:33 am
Val

Programs: AA Platinum, 2 Million Miles
Originally Posted by SFOJFK
I'd take a fokker, any day. At least you could store a reasonably packed suitcase in, wheels first.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon
That would seem like a lot of FC seats for such a small plane, unless they think they can actually sell them. Who buys FC on such relatively short routes? Would probably be sold primarily to passengers connecting to international. My money is on 2 rows of 1x2 for 6 seats.

How will service work on these aircraft? I assume there are 2 FAs -- does one do the FC service while the other does Y solo, and then the FA goes to help in the back (thereby abandoning the FC Pax)? How does UA and DL do it?
abandoning? there's still no meal service on Eagle, and if that changed it would be cold plates at most anyway, six of them. we can surely rule out 9F, as AA has always been about maintaining seating density.

the interesting thing about the configurations page of the manufacturer is that with 6F, there need be no net loss of seats. AA could keep 70 seats and still have 6 in F, just at the cost of some cargo space for the bags. Instead of the 6-32-28 pictured, they could do 6-64.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by martin33
abandoning? there's still no meal service on Eagle,
Uh, there's no meal service because there's no F. @:-)

if that changed it would be cold plates at most anyway
Well perhaps, but that's not that much less involved than serving a hot meal. It takes an extra, what, 30 seconds to take the foil off the hot entree and put it on the tray? Times 6? I guess my point is that FC will not likely be able to have a dedicated FA. So it'd be more like FC-lite. (Maybe the FAs will just have to get used to the idea of pax using the call button ) Of course AA will maintain that you're paying primarily for the bigger seat...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.