Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

YYZ / Toronto - Pearson Int'l. Airport Terminal 3 Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

YYZ / Toronto (Ontario, Canada) - Lester B. Pearson International Airport
Terminal 3, Concourse A Admirals Club

Link to YYZ AA airport information.

Link to YYZ airport web site.

LOCATION: Terminal 3, Concourse A, turn right immediately after clearing security checkpoint.

N.B. Toronto Pearson requires U.S. Customs and Border Protection preclearance before departing to USA destinations.

HOURS: Current hours are posted on aa.com here.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Food for purchase

NOTE. As of December 16th this club is closed for renovations, expected re-opening sometime in March.
UPDATE: A March 24 report said it was still closed; an April 14 call indicated it was still closed, with opening date TBD.
Print Wikipost

YYZ / Toronto - Pearson Int'l. Airport Terminal 3 Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2014, 7:16 pm

YYZ Terminal 3 Admirals Club still got free food?

I know usually Admirals Clubs only provide snacks and food is at a charge. But last time I was at the YYZ Terminal 3 Admirals Club, they did have free food, probably because it was also a Priority Pass affiliated lounge.

Now it seems it's no longer a PP lounge, so do they still provide food for free? I will be going there in a very early morning, would be nice to have a breakfast.
Old May 26, 2014, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Finger foods. But I've travelled via YYZ for 10 years and never really saw any food on substance for free.
Old May 27, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by 513263337
I know usually Admirals Clubs only provide snacks and food is at a charge. But last time I was at the YYZ Terminal 3 Admirals Club, they did have free food, probably because it was also a Priority Pass affiliated lounge.

Now it seems it's no longer a PP lounge, so do they still provide food for free? I will be going there in a very early morning, would be nice to have a breakfast.
What free food are you talking about?

Other than the "All-Day" Cookies and Coffee near the Main Seating area and the recently-added Evening Crudites selection at the Bar, I can't think of complementary food in the YYZ Admiral's Club in the last 5-7 yrs!

The food (Salad/Sandwiches/Soup) at the Bar needs to be paid for but Teresa can run a tab for you
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I'm flying YYZ to Shanghai via Dallas although w a forced overnight in DFW. Will I receive drink chits? Or any food in lounge as EXP in J? Too bad I can't access the BA lounge. Is the transborder Plaza Premium lounge accessible from the same terminal as the AC? Does the YYZ AC do any different food spreads than domestic clubs in the evening?
Old Apr 12, 2015, 5:08 pm

I'm in a similar situation but same day connection at DFW, therefore I assume I have access as it is a same day international itinerary. No idea about chits, hitherto I have always been CX Gold and got chits on that basis.

From what I've read the transborder Plaza Premium Lounge is in T1 and AA operates out of T3, and with US departures segregated from domestic and international departures I assume there is no Priority Pass option for T3 transborder; happy to be corrected though!
Old Apr 12, 2015, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
You don't get any special food in the AC as an EXP in J. If you are able to get the PVG boarding pass at YYZ, I'd think you would be able to get the drink chits.

Visited this lounge a few weeks back. Staff were friendly and it was pretty quiet while I was there. The only 'food' were some stale cookies, apples wrapped in plastic and a few bananas. No soup, cheese, veggies, etc.. I went and bought a burger from a place by the DL gates and brought it back to the lounge.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FormalHall
I'm in a similar situation but same day connection at DFW, therefore I assume I have access as it is a same day international itinerary. No idea about chits, hitherto I have always been CX Gold and got chits on that basis.

From what I've read the transborder Plaza Premium Lounge is in T1 and AA operates out of T3, and with US departures segregated from domestic and international departures I assume there is no Priority Pass option for T3 transborder; happy to be corrected though!
There are limited options for Pearson T3 TB. There are Plaza Premium lounges in T3 Dom and Int, but not TB.

The AA's AC is located just after clearance and to your right, just past the newsstand. Its not huge as mentioned, but they have a Nescafe espresso/coffee dispensers, choc chip cookies, cereal....More recently, I have noticed they also have soup.

Staff are friendly here. I have been there when it gets very crowded, but most times, it is pretty quiet.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
No soup on a Sat afternoon 2 weeks ago when I came thru but then there were only 4-5 folks there and I was there over 2 hours.
Old May 20, 2015, 6:39 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by neuron
There are limited options for Pearson T3 TB. There are Plaza Premium lounges in T3 Dom and Int, but not TB.

The AA's AC is located just after clearance and to your right, just past the newsstand. Its not huge as mentioned, but they have a Nescafe espresso/coffee dispensers, choc chip cookies, cereal....More recently, I have noticed they also have soup.

Staff are friendly here. I have been there when it gets very crowded, but most times, it is pretty quiet.
They have soup on the afternoon schedule and they have Greek-ish Yoghurt in the mornings now. It isn't the quite nice, lower sugar Chobani from the clubs in the States, however. They use Oikos with fruit on the bottom.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 4:52 am

A generic question for all what does the typical breakfast menu include? The wife and I will be taking the 6:35am flight to Miami and want to know if it will be worth eating at the AC or elsewhere in the terminal.

I do know you have to pay for meals at AC.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:45 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by par1000
A generic question for all what does the typical breakfast menu include? The wife and I will be taking the 6:35am flight to Miami and want to know if it will be worth eating at the AC or elsewhere in the terminal.

I do know you have to pay for meals at AC.
There's the usual coffee machine, orange juice, iced water, milk.

Muffins, bagel, toast, fruit (apple/banana), yogurt, and I think cereal or oatmeal.

There was no one at the bar the last few times I went in the morning for the 7-8am flight, so I doubt you can purchase anything even if you want to.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jix
There's the usual coffee machine, orange juice, iced water, milk.

Muffins, bagel, toast, fruit (apple/banana), yogurt, and I think cereal or oatmeal.

There was no one at the bar the last few times I went in the morning for the 7-8am flight, so I doubt you can purchase anything even if you want to.
If you want pop at that time of the morning, ask an AAngel to get a can for you.
YYZ replaces the bartender nozzles with cans for over 2 yrs.
Can't remember if the sandwiches are on sale so early, again, ask the AAngel at the front.

Bartender (Teresa during weekdays) don't show up til 11am.
Puritan drinking laws, alcohol between 11am-2am only!

Otherwise, there is a Timmies or a Wendy's near the Domestic check-in counter (might be boarded up, reconstruction in T3).
The curb door outside the AA counters has been closed for over 3 months

Otherwise there is a food place passed US security or a Starbucks by B14-15.

Again this is based on travel in mid May!
Old Jun 26, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan & AA Advantage
The breakfast selection is pretty bad the last time I was there a month ago. All they had was bagels, pretzels, yogurt, and your regular coffee machine. There was no cereal when I was there
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by TheSinister
The breakfast selection is pretty bad the last time I was there a month ago. All they had was bagels, pretzels, yogurt, and your regular coffee machine. There was no cereal when I was there
Yikes! And no scrambled eggs and bacon either!! This is a small lounge so why expect more than the basics? After all, there is food on one's flight to MIA, LAX or DFW.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 11:11 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Yikes! And no scrambled eggs and bacon either!! This is a small lounge so why expect more than the basics? After all, there is food on one's flight to MIA, LAX or DFW.
But not on ORD, LGA, or JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.