FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   YYZ / Toronto - Pearson Int'l. Airport Terminal 3 Admirals Club (master thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/960879-yyz-toronto-pearson-intl-airport-terminal-3-admirals-club-master-thread.html)

JDiver Apr 5, 2009 6:03 pm

YYZ / Toronto - Pearson Int'l. Airport Terminal 3 Admirals Club (master thread)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-G...0/AC_B_YYZ.png
YYZ / Toronto - Lester B. Pearson Int'l. Airport Terminal 3 Concourse A Admirals Club

Doghound Jun 3, 2009 6:18 am

YYZ / Toronto - Pearson Int'l. Airport Terminal 3 Admirals Club (master thread)

Does anyone know if the Toronto airport YYZ only has an Admiral's Club? Or is there a flagship lounge there, too? I highly doubt it. If that is the case, does anyone know if BA's Lounge is nicer than the AC in Toronto?

Doghound Jun 3, 2009 6:18 am

YYZ / Toronto Admirals Club vs BA Lounge?

Does anyone know if the Toronto airport YYZ only has an Admiral's Club? Or is there a flagship lounge there, too? I highly doubt it. If that is the case, does anyone know if BA's Lounge is nicer than the AC in Toronto?

gemac Jun 3, 2009 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Doghound (Post 11848446)

Are you asking here because you don't trust the information on AA.com? If so, I can confirm what it says there, that there is no Flagship Lounge in YYZ.

Doghound Jun 3, 2009 6:31 am

Originally Posted by gemac (Post 11848501)
Are you asking here because you don't trust the information on AA.com? If so, I can confirm what it says there, that there is no Flagship Lounge in YYZ.

I'm more asking because I'd rather get people's opinion of the AA lounge vs the BA lounge. If that helps clarify my post.

Thumper Jun 3, 2009 6:56 am

When I have been there, the AC has not been crowded.

It is small, and as "modern" as the rest of the airport.

asl Jun 3, 2009 7:08 am

Comparison is moot. If you are traveling to the United States, your only choice in the Admirals Club. If you are not traveling to the United States, you cannot get to the Admirals Club.
The airport is segregated US/other departures.

hillrider Jun 3, 2009 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Doghound (Post 11848507)
I'm more asking because I'd rather get people's opinion of the AA lounge vs the BA lounge. If that helps clarify my post.

I'm hard pressed to find a single instance where the BA lounge isn't miles ahead better than AA's (starting from LHR).

brp Jun 3, 2009 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Doghound (Post 11848507)

Thanks. That does clarify things. The part where you asked about the existence of a lounge seemed like you were asking about the existence of a lounge, and the obvious link that gemac post would have worked. I guess we both misunderstood.

Cheers.

farrish11 Jun 3, 2009 9:01 am

FWIW, I've been in the YYZ AC 3 or 4 times, and although small, it's nice enough, and the AAngels were great, as was the bartender.

JDiver Jun 3, 2009 9:42 am

The thread title has been changed to reflect the information actually being requested by the OP. :)

Doghound Jun 3, 2009 10:08 am

Originally Posted by hillrider (Post 11848720)
I'm hard pressed to find a single instance where the BA lounge isn't miles ahead better than AA's (starting from LHR).

Oh, I'm definitely going to take as much advantage of the BA lounge at T5 @ LHR. Don't get me wrong there :P

But, it sounds like from what asl has said I'll be in the AC at YYZ regardless... :td: I really liked the BA lounge on the way out last week.

Is there at least wireless internet provided? That's the one thing that I really want to keep me entertained for 4 hours :)

dayone Jun 3, 2009 10:34 am

Originally Posted by hillrider (Post 11848720)

DFW.

brp Jun 3, 2009 10:39 am

Originally Posted by dayone (Post 11849735)
DFW.

Amen to that. DFW D AC is quite a bit better than the BA club. Frankly, though, that's about the only case I can think of where the AC beats a BA lounge. The AC at CDG is quite nice, but I've not been to any BA lounges there to compare.

Cheers.

HereNow... Jun 3, 2009 11:21 am

As posted, the AC is the only OW lounge for US departures (BA will only be accessed if you are departing overseas). As soon as you clear Security, turn right past the newsstand and the AC will be the first little door fiive or six yards on the left.

As others said, the lounge is small, but nicely laid out and seldom busy. Bar/cafe area at the back right, small business center of 4 or 5 stations on the left, lounge area in good repair and comfortable.

There is free wireless, but not the T-Mobile system used Stateside, and the desk will give you the access code.

The staff are great, Laura is a true AAngel especially willing to work hard during IRROPS. The bartender unwraps and heats the sandwiches and brings it all to you. All attentive to your needs. They generally announce boarding of all flights, which is nice.

I renewed my membership there this year and they seemed very appreciative as there is some question of this location being in the line of fire for cuts. Hope it hangs in there!