Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

YYZ / Toronto - Pearson Int'l. Airport Terminal 3 Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

YYZ / Toronto (Ontario, Canada) - Lester B. Pearson International Airport
Terminal 3, Concourse A Admirals Club

Link to YYZ AA airport information.

Link to YYZ airport web site.

LOCATION: Terminal 3, Concourse A, turn right immediately after clearing security checkpoint.

N.B. Toronto Pearson requires U.S. Customs and Border Protection preclearance before departing to USA destinations.

HOURS: Current hours are posted on aa.com here.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Food for purchase

NOTE. As of December 16th this club is closed for renovations, expected re-opening sometime in March.
UPDATE: A March 24 report said it was still closed; an April 14 call indicated it was still closed, with opening date TBD.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

YYZ / Toronto - Lester B. Pearson Int'l. Airport Terminal 3 Concourse A Admirals Club

Last edited by JDiver; May 8, 2015 at 2:17 pm
Old Jun 3, 2009, 6:18 am

Does anyone know if the Toronto airport YYZ only has an Admiral's Club? Or is there a flagship lounge there, too? I highly doubt it. If that is the case, does anyone know if BA's Lounge is nicer than the AC in Toronto?
Old Jun 3, 2009, 6:18 am

YYZ / Toronto Admirals Club vs BA Lounge?

Does anyone know if the Toronto airport YYZ only has an Admiral's Club? Or is there a flagship lounge there, too? I highly doubt it. If that is the case, does anyone know if BA's Lounge is nicer than the AC in Toronto?
Old Jun 3, 2009, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Doghound
Are you asking here because you don't trust the information on AA.com? If so, I can confirm what it says there, that there is no Flagship Lounge in YYZ.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by gemac
Are you asking here because you don't trust the information on AA.com? If so, I can confirm what it says there, that there is no Flagship Lounge in YYZ.
I'm more asking because I'd rather get people's opinion of the AA lounge vs the BA lounge. If that helps clarify my post.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 6:56 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
When I have been there, the AC has not been crowded.

It is small, and as "modern" as the rest of the airport.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 7:08 am
asl

Programs: AA EXP
Comparison is moot. If you are traveling to the United States, your only choice in the Admirals Club. If you are not traveling to the United States, you cannot get to the Admirals Club.
The airport is segregated US/other departures.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm more asking because I'd rather get people's opinion of the AA lounge vs the BA lounge. If that helps clarify my post.
I'm hard pressed to find a single instance where the BA lounge isn't miles ahead better than AA's (starting from LHR).
Old Jun 3, 2009, 7:29 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thanks. That does clarify things. The part where you asked about the existence of a lounge seemed like you were asking about the existence of a lounge, and the obvious link that gemac post would have worked. I guess we both misunderstood.

Cheers.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 9:01 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
FWIW, I've been in the YYZ AC 3 or 4 times, and although small, it's nice enough, and the AAngels were great, as was the bartender.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 9:42 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The thread title has been changed to reflect the information actually being requested by the OP.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by hillrider
I'm hard pressed to find a single instance where the BA lounge isn't miles ahead better than AA's (starting from LHR).
Oh, I'm definitely going to take as much advantage of the BA lounge at T5 @ LHR. Don't get me wrong there :P

But, it sounds like from what asl has said I'll be in the AC at YYZ regardless... I really liked the BA lounge on the way out last week.

Is there at least wireless internet provided? That's the one thing that I really want to keep me entertained for 4 hours
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:34 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by hillrider
DFW.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:39 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dayone
DFW.
Amen to that. DFW D AC is quite a bit better than the BA club. Frankly, though, that's about the only case I can think of where the AC beats a BA lounge. The AC at CDG is quite nice, but I've not been to any BA lounges there to compare.

Cheers.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Plat/1MM, AC Basic (ex E, SE, VIA, Marriott, SPG, Hyatt, Hilton
As posted, the AC is the only OW lounge for US departures (BA will only be accessed if you are departing overseas). As soon as you clear Security, turn right past the newsstand and the AC will be the first little door fiive or six yards on the left.

As others said, the lounge is small, but nicely laid out and seldom busy. Bar/cafe area at the back right, small business center of 4 or 5 stations on the left, lounge area in good repair and comfortable.

There is free wireless, but not the T-Mobile system used Stateside, and the desk will give you the access code.

The staff are great, Laura is a true AAngel especially willing to work hard during IRROPS. The bartender unwraps and heats the sandwiches and brings it all to you. All attentive to your needs. They generally announce boarding of all flights, which is nice.

I renewed my membership there this year and they seemed very appreciative as there is some question of this location being in the line of fire for cuts. Hope it hangs in there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.