Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA status-based access to Admirals Clubs & oneworld lounges (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA status-based access to Admirals Clubs & oneworld lounges (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:09 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, AC Member, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by JDiver
I;m glad you asked that! Because you are quite correct, of course - I got a bit dyslexic (caffeine lack?) and read LGA... Yeah, I know, operated by BA as an AA codeshare, not bloody likely. I am hooking up my IV right now, and have corrected my post. The OP should indeed be able to gripe the fifty bucks (and maybe get some additional redeemable miles).
We'll let you off, but just this once
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by photodave
We'll let you off, but just this once
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
EXP: Flagship Lounge access on same-day, separate intl itin?

I'm flying PIT-ORD-LAX (AA) to connect to LAX-NRT (JL) on the same day but on separate tickets. As an EXP, I'm pretty sure that I can enter the Flagship Lounge at ORD if everything was on a single itin, but what if the international segment was on a separate ticket? Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
The domestic and international segments don't have to be on the same itinerary to qualify for lounge access. Just have a copy of the JL itinerary and you should be set in ORD.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 8:40 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I am an AC member and EXP, and have never had problems accessing Admirals Clubs with my status card on days I am flying flights that qualify for Club access (maybe that is what is confusing your friends, who may think any AA flight gets them access?) - plus at Clubs I get drinks chits for premium drinks (or bottles of water, though I may prefer the occasional water of life, uisge beatha).

Originally Posted by PDX-PLT
['wasn't sure the appropriate Lounge thread to post this in, but I imagine the mods may move this eventually].

I've heard from colleagues about problems getting into domestic AC's based on PLT or EXP status when travelling in Y, even though they are on an internat'l itn. So I usually just use my AC membership card. Today in DFW I tried using my PLT card while waiting for my flight to LHR. This time at least for me it worked; plus I got 2 premium drink chits.

'just thought I'd add another datapoint.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 2:12 pm

I am flying a two-leg international itinerary. I will make Platinum on the first leg. Will I get lounge access during my layover?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 2:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by chuckywang
I am flying a two-leg international itinerary. I will make Platinum on the first leg. Will I get lounge access during my layover?
No. Status doesn't update that quickly.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 8:47 am

EXP bring guest to LHR Arrivals?

I'd rather suffer the flames of Hell itself (or worse, the flames of FTers) than invest one more minute looking for this simple piece of information. Note that on AA.com there is a page promising the answer to this question, along with a link to the "lounge access rules" page, which DOES NOT, in fact, provide any information at all about the Arrivals Lounge.

Scenario:
1. I'll fly AA metal or AA number "operated by" BA into LHR.
2. I am EXP.

Question:
May I bring a guest into the AA Arrivals Lounge in LHR T3?

This is a Yes/No question. I'll be thrilled to see an answer on aa.com, of course, but I don't think it exists. I'll be very grateful for personal, first-hand, recent experience by a FTer. Many thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 9:02 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Never mind. It seems that OW Emerald are now allowed regardless of cabin. Must be a somewhat recent change.

Cheers.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:59 am

quick sad followup

Called the EXP desk, waited about 4 minutes, then received irrelevant information unresponsive to the question. Told that the info is on aa.com, recently updated, then she read me the info. It was about the Admirals Club in LHR, which is NOT the Arrivals Lounge and the info she was reading was for "Admirals Club Members". Then she put me on hold again, where I stayed for another 6 minutes, when the fast busy signal began.

The question is simple but the answer is not published on a page I can print and brandish. Any EXPs here, used the Arrivals Lounge in LHR and tried to take a guest?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:32 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Originally Posted by Microwave
No. Status doesn't update that quickly.
Try QF. I flew LAX-SYD over the new year and hadn't realized that the leg would bump me up status, but when I went into the QF lounge at the end of the flight to get a shower before the next leg (SYD-CHC) the counter agent congratulated me on the new status level. Confused the heck out of me for a moment and also impressed me that their systems were that fast.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Simply, "No" is the correct answer.

Arrivals Lounges are not operated as typical oneworld lounges, and generally at LHR require a fee for guests.

For the American Airlines Arrivals Lounge:

All First, Business and oneworld Emerald passengers flying American to London Heathrow are invited to enjoy the Arrivals Lounge amenities upon their arrival (all other passengers can pay a fee of $90 USD + VAT for access to the London Heathrow lounge upon arriving). To enter, simply show your boarding pass and photo ID at the front desk.
Hours: 6.00 a.m. - 2.00 p.m.
For the British Airways Arrivals Lounge, including LHR T-5:

Arrivals lounges are available at London Heathrow Terminal 5 and London Gatwick (situated in the Sofitel Arora Hotel) for:

First and Club World customers.
Gold Executive Club members who have arrived on a British Airways longhaul flight. Due to capacity restrictions, guests will not be permitted to use these lounges.
Google revealed these quite quickly and easily, as did both aa.com and britishairways.com. On aa.com, Travel Information, Clubs and Lounges, Flagship Lounge(R) / Arrivals Lounge. On British Airways, At the Airport, Lounges, Arrivals. It's often less stressful to use the websites, but it takes a while to get to know them, than calling.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Arrivals lounge - no guests.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:52 pm

EXP flying AA Business Class LAX - LHR and BA LHR - ORY with a non-status guest with a 3hr layover (have no platinum card, lounge membership, etc.) What lounge would you suggest using?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:53 pm

If it matters, BA flight is business class as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.