Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA status-based access to Admirals Clubs & oneworld lounges (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA status-based access to Admirals Clubs & oneworld lounges (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: HHonors - Diamond, AA - EXP
Originally Posted by JY1024
It does appear that you'll have access to the No1 Traveller Lounge.

Head to https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access and type in BHX for the lounge listings.
Now I feel stupid for not checking out the OneWorld site, page bookmarked for future reference, thank you.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
after reading the overnight post above, my trip is as follows

YVR-DFW (o/n)-PHL-ZRH-PHL-YYZ-YVR

Will I have OW lounge access at YVR as an AA Plat? Or will I not because my TATL is the next day?

Will I have access at PHL/YYZ on the way back?

Just checking to make sure, as from the wiki

"For status-based access (PLT or EXP), passengers must: (1) be traveling on an international itinerary (Europe, Asia, Central and South America, and Mexico City, excluding the Caribbean and other destinations in Mexico), and (2) have an onward flight on a oneworld airline on the same day" both of these qualities are fulfilled.

(if by "oneworld airline" AA-marketed, non-OW operated flights count, as my YYZ-YVR is operated by WS but under an AA flight number)
Old Jul 5, 2016, 3:42 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Smiley90

Will I have OW lounge access at YVR as an AA Plat? Or will I not because my TATL is the next day?

"For status-based access (PLT or EXP), passengers must: (1) be traveling on an international itinerary (Europe, Asia, Central and South America, and Mexico City, excluding the Caribbean and other destinations in Mexico), and (2) have an onward flight on a oneworld airline on the same day" both of these qualities are fulfilled.

(if by "oneworld airline" AA-marketed, non-OW operated flights count, as my YYZ-YVR is operated by WS but under an AA flight number)
My guess is that you won't be able to get access in YVR. Certainly can't hurt to ask, if you wanted to show your interntaional BP and explain that you're taking an overnight connecton in DFW - not doing a stopover. (But I wouldn't push the issue too hard if I were you. Letter of the law does state "same day international," as you cited.)

As for your way back...

As long as your PHL-YYZ is oneworld marketed/operated, you'll have lounge access in PHL. You won't in YYZ, though, as WS is not a oneworld member.

oneworld rules state (https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access):

Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status can use lounges offered by oneworld airlines when departing on any flight marketed and operated by any oneworld member airline, regardless of cabin class being flown
(underlining is mine)
Old Jul 5, 2016, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JY1024
My guess is that you won't be able to get access in YVR. Certainly can't hurt to ask, if you wanted to show your interntaional BP and explain that you're taking an overnight connecton in DFW - not doing a stopover. (But I wouldn't push the issue too hard if I were you. Letter of the law does state "same day international," as you cited.)

As for your way back...

As long as your PHL-YYZ is oneworld marketed/operated, you'll have lounge access in PHL. You won't in YYZ, though, as WS is not a oneworld member.

oneworld rules state (https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access):

(underlining is mine)
PHL-YYZ is operated by Air Wisconsin. Is this like American Eagle where it's a subsidiary and counts as AA for all intents and purposes or am I SOL?

I have PP/AmexPlat so push comes to shove I'll go to... ... wait, there's no PP lounge in PHL. boo.

Last edited by Smiley90; Jul 5, 2016 at 4:29 pm
Old Jul 5, 2016, 10:53 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
PHL-YYZ is operated by Air Wisconsin. Is this like American Eagle where it's a subsidiary and counts as AA for all intents and purposes or am I SOL?

I have PP/AmexPlat so push comes to shove I'll go to... ... wait, there's no PP lounge in PHL. boo.
You'll be fine with an American Eagle flight with an AA flight number.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well I called and they said I'd have access in YVR, so we'll see... Doesn't the "same-day" rule only apply to transcon-based access? WE'LL SEE.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To follow up on this and provide a datapoint:

They literally just took my YVR-DFW boarding pass and my Plat card and waved me in. I didnt even have to say I had a connecting flight to Europe or argue that "next day" should still be considered connecting or whatnot. So for a datapoint:

July 8 overnight YVR-DFW
July 9 DFW-PHL
July 9 PHL-ZRH

Cathay J lounge access in YVR was no problem

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.