Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Need BankDirect / Bask Bank Referral (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 26, 2014, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
I need a BankDirect referral" thread
NOTE: This thread is for referral requests only, not offers.
Bask Bank
Bask has a referral program where the new account holder and the referrer each get 5,000 miles. The referrer can earn 25,000 maximum via referrals. Existing account holders can provide a referral link.

Archived Bank Direct offer below, no longer valid:
Bank Direct offers American Airline miles for an online bank account. Miles are available for an online Checking account ($12 per month) or a Money Market account (no monthly fee).

The "Refer A Friend" program allows existing AA earning account holders to refer somebody. Both the existing AND the new customer get an extra 1000 miles for the referral. The existing account holder must log in, choose "manage my account", then "refer a friend".

All that is needed for this referral is the new customers email address. Addresses may only be referred once, so if you sent an email to someone ages ago and they never opened an account, you cannot send another referral to that friend's same email address.

Here is the referral screen that the existing account holder will see:
BankDirect® has an exciting Refer-A-Friend program, and your friend wants you to be a part of it.

Your friend is already a customer of BankDirect, the Internet-only bank for customers that need to do their banking in a hurry. BankDirect® customers receive free online banking, free online bill payment, reimbursed ATMs (4 per statement cycle), the first order of checks free, and much more. Everything you need to put yourself in control of your finances and make your dollar stretch farther.

Here's how it works:

Just open a Mileage Checking with Interest or Mileage Money Market Account and as a new customer of BankDirect®, you'll earn 2,000 AAdvantage® miles (the regular 1,000 miles to open the account plus an additional 1,000 bonus miles for being referred by a customer). And your friend receives 1,000 AAdvantage® miles, too. It's that simple!

To be sure your friend receives proper credit; include his/her name and e-mail address on the online application. That's it! So, to apply now go to (link provided in referral email)! If you have any questions, please contact Client Support at 1.877.839.2737 or visit our web site at www.bankdirect.com.

We look forward to welcoming you as a BankDirect® customer

Regards,
Notes on the checking account bonus:
  • Earn 1,000 miles for being referred
  • Earn 10,000 miles for direct deposit
  • Earn 5,000 miles for using bill pay
  • Earn 5,000 miles for using your BankDirect Visa CheckCard
  • Earn 100 miles per month for every $1k average daily balance up to $50k (above $50k earn 25 per $1k).

That's at least 21,000 miles!
  • Another nice feature is you get 4 reimbursed ATM fees up to $2.50 each.
  • Miles post around the 3rd or 4th of each month. Bonus miles post the month after you meet the terms (for me at least).
  • Note that the direct deposit must be $2000 per month for 6 months to earn the bonus.
  • If you want to keep your account active without thinking about it, set up a recurring payment of $1 to some credit card.
Print Wikipost

Need BankDirect / Bask Bank Referral (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2007, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Can someone PM me a referral? I have some Starwood Amex card referrals I'm working on too. So if you'd be willing to trade referrals (I'll sign-up for BankDirect using your referral and you sign-up for Starwood Amex with my referral) please mention that in your PM.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 5:39 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by jw713
Can someone PM me a referral?
You've got PM!
Old Sep 11, 2007, 10:39 pm

Would love a referral, I'm planning a trip to Hawaii next year and I'm a few miles short.

Becky
Old Sep 12, 2007, 5:51 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by BeckyMax
Would love a referral, I'm planning a trip to Hawaii next year and I'm a few miles short.

Becky
You've got PM!
Old Feb 20, 2008, 8:32 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD
referral needed

Time for me to join up too - PM a referral here too please.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 11:25 am

You have PM!
Old Jul 3, 2009, 10:46 pm

Can anyone PM me a referral? Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 11:28 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by highgear
Can anyone PM me a referral? Thanks in advance.
I'd be very happy to refer you!
Old Jul 4, 2009, 11:16 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
I would also appreciate a referral. Thx.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 11:34 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
BankDirect

Originally Posted by bj2757
I would also appreciate a referral. Thx.
ygpm
Old Jul 25, 2009, 12:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
I need a BankDirect referral.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 5:26 am

Steve M, YGM
Old Jul 25, 2009, 8:44 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I could use a referral as well, please. Thanks.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
GetawaysRus, YGPM!
Old Aug 21, 2009, 2:49 pm

Programs: ALL
Anyone know if there is a limit on AAdvantage miles that can be earned per year?

Anyone know if there is a limit on AAdvantage miles that can be earned per year through Bank Direct?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.