Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Need BankDirect / Bask Bank Referral (consolidated)

Old May 26, 2014, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
I need a BankDirect referral" thread
NOTE: This thread is for referral requests only, not offers.
Bask Bank
Bask has a referral program where the new account holder and the referrer each get 5,000 miles. The referrer can earn 25,000 maximum via referrals. Existing account holders can provide a referral link.

Archived Bank Direct offer below, no longer valid:
Bank Direct offers American Airline miles for an online bank account. Miles are available for an online Checking account ($12 per month) or a Money Market account (no monthly fee).

The "Refer A Friend" program allows existing AA earning account holders to refer somebody. Both the existing AND the new customer get an extra 1000 miles for the referral. The existing account holder must log in, choose "manage my account", then "refer a friend".

All that is needed for this referral is the new customers email address. Addresses may only be referred once, so if you sent an email to someone ages ago and they never opened an account, you cannot send another referral to that friend's same email address.

Here is the referral screen that the existing account holder will see:
BankDirect® has an exciting Refer-A-Friend program, and your friend wants you to be a part of it.

Your friend is already a customer of BankDirect, the Internet-only bank for customers that need to do their banking in a hurry. BankDirect® customers receive free online banking, free online bill payment, reimbursed ATMs (4 per statement cycle), the first order of checks free, and much more. Everything you need to put yourself in control of your finances and make your dollar stretch farther.

Here's how it works:

Just open a Mileage Checking with Interest or Mileage Money Market Account and as a new customer of BankDirect®, you'll earn 2,000 AAdvantage® miles (the regular 1,000 miles to open the account plus an additional 1,000 bonus miles for being referred by a customer). And your friend receives 1,000 AAdvantage® miles, too. It's that simple!

To be sure your friend receives proper credit; include his/her name and e-mail address on the online application. That's it! So, to apply now go to (link provided in referral email)! If you have any questions, please contact Client Support at 1.877.839.2737 or visit our web site at www.bankdirect.com.

We look forward to welcoming you as a BankDirect® customer

Regards,
Notes on the checking account bonus:
  • Earn 1,000 miles for being referred
  • Earn 10,000 miles for direct deposit
  • Earn 5,000 miles for using bill pay
  • Earn 5,000 miles for using your BankDirect Visa CheckCard
  • Earn 100 miles per month for every $1k average daily balance up to $50k (above $50k earn 25 per $1k).

That's at least 21,000 miles!
  • Another nice feature is you get 4 reimbursed ATM fees up to $2.50 each.
  • Miles post around the 3rd or 4th of each month. Bonus miles post the month after you meet the terms (for me at least).
  • Note that the direct deposit must be $2000 per month for 6 months to earn the bonus.
  • If you want to keep your account active without thinking about it, set up a recurring payment of $1 to some credit card.
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP- 2MM

Don't know if I will qualify for the miles since I had an account with them 2 years ago, but I want to switch back anyway,

Anybody wants to try and refer me?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

This thread is currently intended for folks who NEED referrals to be able to drop by and make a request.

*** This is NOT a thread for members to offer/bribe/make business cases for giving referrals. ***

Again, the core mission of FlyerTalk and the AA forum is to benefit the greater community, not just individual member interests. By offering keeping referral requests in a consolidated thread, this allows members who are offering referrals to just subscribe to one thread and also members who are needing referrals to get one fairly quickly. Everybody wins!

Hope this helps clarify the purpose and "standard operating procedures" of this thread.

Q: Why do people ask for BankDirect referrals in this thread?
A: If you open a BankDirect Mileage account by referral, you can receive an additional 1000 AA bonus miles. The referrer also receives this bonus. If you're not a member of this forum, but wish to post a request for referral, you may register for free, then post a request, at which time someone will respond with a private message. (with thanks to MilesUp and and rrgg for this concise answer)

If you have questions about the BankDirect program with AAdvantage, please do not post to this thread. This thread is reserved just for referral requests. Please post here instead:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Thanks much!

JY1024
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by JY1024; Aug 18, 2011 at 10:17 am Reason: edited mod note
Old Jan 26, 2007, 4:06 am

You have a message.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 4:37 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Easy miles...

Who wants to refer me? Send me a PM
Old Feb 26, 2007, 4:39 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by ez311
Who wants to refer me? Send me a PM
On its way!
Old Feb 26, 2007, 5:02 pm

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
I could use a referral, too. Please PM :^)
Old Feb 26, 2007, 5:05 pm
LRD

Originally Posted by dalm
Roger that!
Old Feb 26, 2007, 5:06 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by dalm
You've got mail!
Old Feb 26, 2007, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM; Priority Club-Platinum
Referral here too, please! Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 26, 2007, 9:27 pm
GSR

Programs: AA 2MM
You've got mail!
Old Feb 26, 2007, 11:31 pm
In memoriam

Anybody else want a referral for 1000 bonus miles? (Plus the 1000 you get for signing up. Total 2000 miles.)

Full disclosure, if I refer you I also get 1000 bonus miles.

PM and Ill set you up.

Thank you.

~Pat

Last edited by lili; Jul 3, 2009 at 11:32 pm
Old Apr 19, 2007, 4:04 pm

I need someone to refer me too! Can anyone give me some more info regarding this account in compare to other bank accounts? thanks in advance
Old May 4, 2007, 12:04 pm

I can also refer anyone who wants the extra 1000 miles.

EDITED: Referrals still available 26-Jun-10

Just let me know the email address you'll use on the application. PM or email me. Thanks!

As a side note, I want to mention that BankDirect posts miles very quickly. I received my bonuses in fewer than 10 days. They tend to post the first few days of each month.

Last edited by rrgg; Jun 23, 2010 at 9:16 am
Old Jul 14, 2007, 1:52 am

I'm looking for a BankDirect referral. Thanks.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 5:12 am
LRD

Originally Posted by gooru
I'm looking for a BankDirect referral. Thanks.
PM on its way.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 9:07 pm
In memoriam

Sorry if I have missed helping anyone. Thanks for your consideration - replies have gone to an email address I don't use often (enough.)

Looks like everyone has been taken care of - FT is great that way. So pm me your email address if anyone out there still needs a referral. I love Bank Direct.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.