Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

BA limiting the number of awards available to AAdvantage (and other partners)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA limiting the number of awards available to AAdvantage (and other partners)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2024, 8:32 am

Recently, I've seen a few BA flights intra-Europe show with only Z availability instead of U, when the flights only operate with a 2 class cabin. This is having the effect of pricing out what is really a business award at 85k AA miles instead of 57.5k. Can anyone explain how/why BA is showing Z on the intra-Europe flight instead of U? To be clear, a one-way award booked BER-LHR-JFK-DCA is pricing out at 85k instead of 57.5k where BER-LHR is showing BA (Z) and the LHR-JFK-DCA legs are on AA in U.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Ross0
Recently, I've seen a few BA flights intra-Europe show with only Z availability instead of U, when the flights only operate with a 2 class cabin. This is having the effect of pricing out what is really a business award at 85k AA miles instead of 57.5k. Can anyone explain how/why BA is showing Z on the intra-Europe flight instead of U? To be clear, a one-way award booked BER-LHR-JFK-DCA is pricing out at 85k instead of 57.5k where BER-LHR is showing BA (Z) and the LHR-JFK-DCA legs are on AA in U.
This is just a bug, glitch, phantom availability. I have seen this a fair amount over the past several months.

If you actually click through to book it it will error out since Z space can never actually be available on a 2-class intra Europe flight.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
This is just a bug, glitch, phantom availability. I have seen this a fair amount over the past several months.

If you actually click through to book it it will error out since Z space can never actually be available on a 2-class intra Europe flight.
Ah, thanks. that explains it. I had clicked through to the first screen that showed the flights, but see now that you eventually error out as you move through the booking process. Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2024, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I booked some seats for my brother and I as two one way Itineraries between Austin and Italy. It costs $1100 and 111,500 miles. The AA equivalent on miles was at least 250K round trip. We looked at it as paying for economy and upgrading to business using points.

We are going to Italy and later at end of summer, we will be going to Amsterdam, and on a two week cruise. I had a ton of miles saved up. We are going to be flyin g business to Europe twice and stretched out the miles. On the second trip, we are spending 4 days in London. I did manage to find a deal on AA metal at 330 days out on the return. I still had to pay a $330 fee on the AA return for the UK departure tax.

The BA is not free, but until they go dynamic, they can present good value when compared to AA redemption.
Steve M likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.