Wiki Posts
Search

Two AA customer-facing IT questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2023, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Two AA customer-facing IT questions

1) The AA ticket agent kiosks appear to no longer allow authentication with AAdvantage number. I have tried this at MCI, MIA and SJU and with two different accounts (valid in all cases for the departure city and day-of-departure).The kiosks do function correctly with the Locator Code. Why has the AAdvantage method been deactivated? For that matter, why was the ability to print a ticket (price) receipt disabled four years ago?

2) The "receipt" that is printable online (from the AA website) is not always the "perfected" version. The single-page receipt showing in a large text box: the full itinerary, ticket number, ticketing class (including fare basis -- often useful) AND price breakout is only sometimes available. I cannot discern any rhyme nor reason why some tickets are "eligible" for the single-page synopsis and others just render a 4- or 5-page spiel of whatever the website is showing, often missing important data like ticket number. NB -- I greatly prefer the single-page summary LOL. Why the crapshoot?
Old Oct 29, 2023, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Bad IT.

Theres a lot of legacy code that's been plastered over. Under certain conditions, it reverts and displays old stuff.
donotblink and wrp96 like this.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fastflyer
2) The "receipt" that is printable online (from the AA website) is not always the "perfected" version. The single-page receipt showing in a large text box: the full itinerary, ticket number, ticketing class (including fare basis -- often useful) AND price breakout is only sometimes available. I cannot discern any rhyme nor reason why some tickets are "eligible" for the single-page synopsis and others just render a 4- or 5-page spiel of whatever the website is showing, often missing important data like ticket number. NB -- I greatly prefer the single-page summary LOL. Why the crapshoot?
This second item varies from reservation to reservation. If the reservation has a link at the bottom of the webpage that states "Print itinerary and receipt" then the correct (full) information is displayed on a single, clearly designed page. If the link states Print Itinerary only, then the four- or five-page, rambling and unformatted HTML print of the webpage is instead offered.

Frustrating!
sexykitten7 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Unless something changed in the last few weeks, I’m still using my AAdvantage number at the kiosks. When did this functionality stop working?
donotblink and asnovici like this.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 1:50 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
1) The AA ticket agent kiosks appear to no longer allow authentication with AAdvantage number. I have tried this at MCI, MIA and SJU and with two different accounts (valid in all cases for the departure city and day-of-departure).The kiosks do function correctly with the Locator Code. Why has the AAdvantage method been deactivated? For that matter, why was the ability to print a ticket (price) receipt disabled four years ago?
I just logged into a kiosk at the PIT checkin counters less than 60 minutes ago with my AA FF# and printed my BP without issue.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
I wish they would at least let you reprint your boarding pass after the check-in cutoff. I think they don't do anything after T-45 even if already checked in.
donotblink likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 3:38 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by lrdpenn
I wish they would at least let you reprint your boarding pass after the check-in cutoff. I think they don't do anything after T-45 even if already checked in.
do you not typically do that on your phone?
Old Oct 30, 2023, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Originally Posted by donotblink
do you not typically do that on your phone?
It was useful security when my phone battery is about to die as I generally arrive at the airport between T-45 and T-30, so the kiosks were rendered useless to me when the checkin cutoff was moved earlier.
Although with carrying a power bank and most TSA checkpoints requiring only ID now - it'd take a really unfortunate aligning of the stars to miss a flight because I couldn't get a boarding pass quickly enough.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PHL
I just logged into a kiosk at the PIT checkin counters less than 60 minutes ago with my AA FF# and printed my BP without issue.
I have had this problem last three airports -- 10/23 MCI (flying to MIA), then 10/26 MIA (flying to SJU), then 10/29 SJU (returning to MIA).

The kiosks wouldn't let me authenticate with my AAdvantage number (but all 3 times let me with the six-letter Locator Code). Also wouldn't authenticate my travel companion in SJU -- same locator. The first flight MCI-MIA I was solo.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
I have had this problem last three airports -- 10/23 MCI (flying to MIA), then 10/26 MIA (flying to SJU), then 10/29 SJU (returning to MIA).

The kiosks wouldn't let me authenticate with my AAdvantage number (but all 3 times let me with the six-letter Locator Code). Also wouldn't authenticate my travel companion in SJU -- same locator. The first flight MCI-MIA I was solo.
That's very strange. I haven't had any problems with this. Did your number recently change by any chance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.