Search

pax removed after diversion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

The crew made it clear at least 10 times, the pax was beligerant 10 times,
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis P+
More people have become entitled jerks since 2020. Its gotten bad. Even in the STR side, guests trying to tell hosts how they are going to behave regardless of rules or city ordinances. On a darn plane, where your actions directly impact every other passengers travel arrangements, their schedules, etc these people deserve to be banned from flying.
If you want to sit in BC, book your seats in BD.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by skylady
The crew made it clear at least 10 times, the pax was beligerant 10 times,
Oh, if only you could have diverted to an airport not served by AA.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

There is no guarantee, and would never threaten that
Old Oct 16, 2023, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
pardon my ignorance but is it the case that main cabin seats are equipped with two O2 masks per seat, while business class seats are equipped with only one? (And out of curiosity, if anyone knows, are F seats similarly limited to one?)
It varies by a/c, but in most, there will be one more mask than there are seats in the grouping, so if J is 2-2, there will be 3 masks on each side, if Y is 3-3 there are 4 on each side. I recall at least one aircraft where one side had the extra and the other didn't, but I can't remember which (might have been an rj).
The toddler in lap is two separate, yet equally important issues. 1) a 3 year old is not allowed to sit in a lap 2) you can't have 2 lap children on a side because there's only 1 extra mask.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 1:10 am

Sadly, I am not surprised.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 3:04 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nk15
I think part of the problem is that the crew do not clearly communicate the consequences to the passengers (although there may be reasons for that). It should have been "Sir, if you do not return to your seat now, the plane will divert, you will be offloaded and arrested and charged $10k for the diversion, and will be banned from the airline". Then I am pretty sure there will be compliance, at least for most people who are not intoxicated or in a psychotic state.
I agree. I can't imagine someone would really insist on continuing to occupy the business class seat if he knew they'd be diverting the flight and undoubtedly meeting police on arrival. We've certainly seen other examples of AA flight attendants overreacting recently. Earlier this year, an AA FA made headlines by having a flight turned around over the Atlantic because a passenger allegedly called him "waiter." While the passenger behavior described in these instances is definitely not appropriate, my impression is that some FAs are becoming very thin-skinned. Diverting a flight should be an absolute last resort, given the potential expense and inconvenience to other passengers.
awayIgo and LowValueCustomer like this.

Last edited by Microwave; Oct 17, 2023 at 4:05 am Reason: Removed personal exchange / ad hominem
Old Oct 17, 2023, 3:53 am

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Thank you skylady

I appreciate your contributions and your willingness to share an insider's perspective on the forum, which adds to the richness of the discussion here.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by metallo
I agree. I can't imagine someone would really insist on continuing to occupy the business class seat if he knew they'd be diverting the flight and undoubtedly meeting police on arrival. We've certainly seen other examples of AA flight attendants overreacting recently. Earlier this year, an AA FA made headlines by having a flight turned around over the Atlantic because a passenger allegedly called him "waiter." While the passenger behavior described in these instances is definitely not appropriate, my impression is that some FAs are becoming very thin-skinned. Diverting a flight should be an absolute last resort, given the potential expense and inconvenience to other passengers.
Respectfully, in this case I disagree. Given that you are CK I would say you are one of more intelligent pax out there (and I say this without any irony) so not everybody might be as reasonable as you are. And there are real idiots out there, unfortunately.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines
I hope AA sends this selfish clown an invoice.
Spiff, clbish, MorganB and 6 others like this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enviroian
I hope AA sends this selfish clown an invoice.
Yes, I would really like to see them collect all expenses through the court system if necessary. Even if they never actually collect the money, it will be a good deterrent.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC
I have so much respect for FA's, I don't know how you deal with us passengers every day.

What does LCRO stand for, I assume it is the group that gets to make the call on passenger issues but curious about the initials?
Old Oct 17, 2023, 8:45 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
LCRO = local complaint resolution officials…often deal with passengers who require special services or assistance.
KBMIFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 8:52 am

At first I was thinking: “man, it would suck to be dropped-off in the middle of the country on a cross country flight, and have to find my ways…somewhere”

Then I realized dude probably got arrested and fined, and that probably sucks even worse….

Do we actually know what happens to these passengers? Are they charged with a crime? Whats the “typical” punishment? Jail, fines, probation? What jurisdiction are they even charged in?

Any links or examples of previous convictions?
Old Oct 17, 2023, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I am surprised the nearby pax witnessing the situation and impending diversion did not say anything to that family, or when they finally realized it; they must have been furious...

Last edited by nk15; Oct 17, 2023 at 9:23 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.