Community
Wiki Posts
Search

pax removed after diversion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2023, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

pax removed after diversion

Scenario, 4 family members, 2 adults, one infant in lap, and 1 toddler, requiring a seat. 2 BC seats purchased for Dad and toddler, 1 MC seat purchased for mom and infant. Mom and infant decide to take a BC seat, and Dad decides to take the other adjoining BC seat, with 3 year old in his lap. There is not enough O2 in this grouping for 4, so FAs asked for 1 adult to move to the MC seat. Refuses to move. LCRO called, and dad moves to the mc seat for takeoff. Dad then moves back to the BC seat, with toddler on his lap, and refuses to move for safety reasons. The back and forth went on for 3 hours, with the pax disregard for safety, thus a diversion was warranted,
ZenFlyer, pH, becks1 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's BC?
Old Oct 16, 2023, 9:50 pm

Sounds like this was the plan all along, people get annoyed, when this is dealt with prior to take off saying the crew is being unreasonable but better on the ground than to divert an entire plan but in the end sounds like the passengers had this planned out, save a little money by not buying another bc seat
fdog, wrp96, FAA1996 and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
What's BC?
business class
Old Oct 16, 2023, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh. Isn't the bigger safety issue that they are treating a toddler who requires a seat as a lap infant?
Old Oct 16, 2023, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Amazing.

Some people are unreal. After being told multiple times, why would you keep arguing? Now a whole aircraft of people are inconvenienced by a selfish pax.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Oh. Isn't the bigger safety issue that they are testing a toddler who requires a seat as a lap infant?
Yes, toddler requires a seat, due to emergency O2 issues!
Spiff, og, artemis and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by skylady
Yes, toddler requires a seat, due to emergency O2 issues!
Any chance the flight diverted to a foreign country?
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antarius
Amazing.

Some people are unreal. After being told multiple times, why would you keep arguing? Now a whole aircraft of people are inconvenienced by a selfish pax.
I stopped arguing in the beginning, he kept at me. I handed it off to the powers that be. No longer my call. He made an ... of himself in front of my FC cabin. When the crying starts, it's out of my control
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:03 pm

Oh. Isn't the bigger safety issue that they are treating a toddler who requires a seat as a lap infant?
yup which is why they diverted, mentioning business class was just being used to explain why they were doing what they did
becks1 and DASRTR like this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by skylady
I stopped arguing in the beginning, he kept at me. I handed it off to the powers that be. No longer my call. He made an ... of himself in front of my FC cabin. When the crying starts, it's out of my control
Sounds like this pax was a piece of work.

I didnt mean to question your actions - was expressing bewilderment at this family's lack of common sense and profound selfishness.
artemis, fdog, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:13 pm

I bet this family is fun at parties
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
pardon my ignorance but is it the case that main cabin seats are equipped with two O2 masks per seat, while business class seats are equipped with only one? (And out of curiosity, if anyone knows, are F seats similarly limited to one?)
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antarius
Sounds like this pax was a piece of work.

I didnt mean to question your actions - was expressing bewilderment at this family's lack of common sense and profound selfishness.
The father was willing to "take the risk", unfortunately, we don't do that. He was claiming he would not take an O2 mask in an emergency,

Last edited by Microwave; Oct 17, 2023 at 4:08 am Reason: Removed OT personal comment
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I think part of the problem is that the crew do not clearly communicate the consequences to the passengers (although there may be reasons for that). It should have been "Sir, if you do not return to your seat now, the plane will divert, you will be offloaded and arrested and charged $10k for the diversion, and will be banned from the airline". Then I am pretty sure there will be compliance, at least for most people who are not intoxicated or in a psychotic state.

Last edited by nk15; Oct 16, 2023 at 10:48 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.