Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New and revived long haul routes announcements (not speculation)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New and revived long haul routes announcements (not speculation)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2023, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
It's been quite some time since I have been on the inaugural flight to a new international destination. The last one I actually was ticketed on was the Philadelphia/Casablanca route but that was canceled due to covid. In looking at the new destinations, the one that intrigued me the most was the Copenhagen flight mainly because I have never been there. As a result, I have an itinerary on hold that includes the inaugural flight (AA 744) from PHL to CPH on June 6, 2024. I also have selected 1A - my favorite seat on the 789. The only factor that prevents me from purchasing this itinerary is a possible conflict with a high school commencement (my niece's) and accompanying celebration that occurs sometime in that time frame. Fingers crossed that it all works out schedule-wise!
Old Dec 26, 2023, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by Lonedaddy

I'm confused. The article states "The carrier will fly daily nonstop flights to all three of these destinations from Philadelphia International Airport (PHL). Service to Nice begins on May 6, followed by Naples on June 5 and Copenhagen on June 6." and I'm seeing flights to CPH on aa.com for 6/6 but not 6/7? Is it actually not 'daily' or am I just missing something?!

Last edited by MasterPlanner; Dec 26, 2023 at 3:21 pm Reason: Neglected to specify PHL to CPH
Old Dec 26, 2023, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MasterPlanner
I'm confused. The article states "The carrier will fly daily nonstop flights to all three of these destinations from Philadelphia International Airport (PHL). Service to Nice begins on May 6, followed by Naples on June 5 and Copenhagen on June 6." and I'm seeing flights to CPH on aa.com for 6/6 but not 6/7? Is it actually not 'daily' or am I just missing something?!
EF shows it as every day except Friday until the 13th

Effective 06/06/24 until 06/13/24
Frequency: M,T,W,Th,Sa,Su
Duration: 8 hrs 0 mins
AA 744 PHL 9:10 PM → CPH 11:10 AM +1
Stops: 0
Aircraft: 789

then it goes daily

Effective 06/14/24 until 10/05/24
Frequency: Daily
Duration: 8 hrs 0 mins
AA 744 PHL 9:10 PM → CPH 11:10 AM +1
Stops: 0
Aircraft: 789
MasterPlanner likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.