Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Status Changed Overnight - Tickets at Airport don’t Reflect

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Changed Overnight - Tickets at Airport don’t Reflect

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2023, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Whelp: my status changed on Monday night. Thrilled.

Talked to Exec desk and nice agent confirmed that while status does change it needs to be manually updated in the upgrade queue to reflect new status. He stated status is set in upgrade queue based on status at time of ticketing.

He happily made the change and the upgrade queue for my three ticketed trips has been updated.
PTahCha and Antarius like this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 1:05 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by makfan
I actually flew an Alaska trip with my AA number and hit platinum pro when the outbound posted. Didn’t think much of it, but my BP changed to OW Emerald for the return flights without doing a thing. Shocked me in a good way.
Over on the AS forum we mock AS IT for being held together with chewing gum, but they do have very fast status refreshes: in 2021 I hit MVP Gold with an SFO-BOS, flight credited immediately on the taxi-in, and my status on the next week's reservation back to SFO automatically updated and I was able to select a Premium Class seat for myself before I even left baggage claim.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.