Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2023 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2023 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2023, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
I haven't seen pillows/blankets/duvets on a contiguous 48 domestic non-Flagship flight no matter how long the duration... I'm pretty sure those were cut years ago -- especially the pillows and duvets (like 6 or so years ago).
My bad. I remember AA used to provide headsets, duvets, and fluffy pillows on all of their transcons (such as JFK-SEA and MIA-SFO) in around 2014 or so. I know that's a long time ago, but I thought they still provided those amenities on long-haul transcons, including PHL and CLT-west coast.

Platbrownguy, looks so good!
platbrownguy and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by ambup
No, no, and no. I don’t believe the menus were loaded by the caterer. The FA did take the time to explain the menu to each row and was happy to answer questions. I don’t think I’ve seen blankets and pillows on this route before since it’s a daytime flight.

Definitely did! Sorry to hear about your experience and unfortunately that seems closer to typical for me too.

This has been my experience too. May have seen them on redeyes here and there but not consistently. Not that there are any redeyes at DCA.
Yes I am not sure if its a Miami thing, a gate agent thing, an AA thing but really i have had some great FA's on AA so I dont think its an AA thing. I was going to write up on here what happened and how horrible it was and how this lady broke my headphones & made me wait 2 hours standing by the gate after I arrived. It will just make me really mad so I figure I need to forget it and move on but I really think some of these gate agents are beyond rude and miserable ppl who clearly shouldnt be working in customer service. I do think in general Miami seems to have some really rude AA staff b/c a year ago I had such a rude encounter with a lady checking BP's to let you check in at premium. So I think there could be a Miami thing. Staff at LA & JFK have always been pleasant pre security.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 8:59 pm

Programs: IHG Priority Club Spire Ambassador, AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Explorist

Any idea what the breakfast will be on DFW-SNA if I pick diabetic or kosher?
Old Jan 10, 2023, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
AA2287 AUS-JFK
Breakfast

I did a same day change to this flight from the afternoon flight so had no chance to pre-order. However, I got my first choice, the omelet. It was quite good, not too much cheese, and the potatoes were very well seasoned. Fruit was perfect. PDBs were offered and service was excellent overall. A link of sausage would have been very nice but I understand this was the veg option.

chrisny2 and FlyFreakquently like this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 8:03 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Stripe
AA2287 AUS-JFK
Breakfast

I did a same day change to this flight from the afternoon flight so had no chance to pre-order. However, I got my first choice, the omelet. It was quite good, not too much cheese, and the potatoes were very well seasoned. Fruit was perfect. PDBs were offered and service was excellent overall. A link of sausage would have been very nice but I understand this was the veg option.

AA2234 JFK-DFW later this month

exact same menu as above is being offered. None really stand out. I'm just going to tell FA to give me whatever is left.

are any of the breakfast special meal options out of JFK any good or worth trying? I'll have access to the DFW FFD during my connection, so I am OK if the special meal is a disaster
Old Jan 13, 2023, 6:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Is MIA only offering 2 options this month? I'm connecting in MIA later this month to/from the Caribbean and for all 3 lunch/dinner flights my options are all the same: Short Rib with Green Peppercorn Sauce or a Harvest Vegetable and Grain Bowl. Seems odd to me that no variety is offered. I've never had connecting flights with the exact same meal offerings.

Last edited by dukeman; Jan 13, 2023 at 6:13 am Reason: grammar
Old Jan 13, 2023, 6:30 am

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Need to select for my upcoming JFK-LAX flight in F. Has anyone tried the beef brisket or ranchero shrimp? They seem like new additions.

Old Jan 13, 2023, 8:24 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by dukeman
Is MIA only offering 2 options this month? I'm connecting in MIA later this month to/from the Caribbean and for all 3 lunch/dinner flights my options are all the same: Short Rib with Green Peppercorn Sauce or a Harvest Vegetable and Grain Bowl. Seems odd to me that no variety is offered. I've never had connecting flights with the exact same meal offerings.
It happens, it just depends on your travel and luck of the draw. For as long as I can remember, there are only like 4 pairs per cycle, per tier, per meal -- so if you take several flights of the same service tier for the same meal (breakfast vs. lunch/dinner), you have a 1 in 4 chance of having the same menu. Most people's itineraries have a little more variation though, so it's not usually too much of an issue.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 8:28 am

Hi. Quick Q:

LGA-ORD is no longer considered a premium route, and will no longer get a meal in first class, correct?

Thank you.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 8:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
It happens, it just depends on your travel and luck of the draw. For as long as I can remember, there are only like 4 pairs per cycle, per tier, per meal -- so if you take several flights of the same service tier for the same meal (breakfast vs. lunch/dinner), you have a 1 in 4 chance of having the same menu. Most people's itineraries have a little more variation though, so it's not usually too much of an issue.
Thank you! I guess I am just "lucky" on this trip!
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 8:53 am

no short rib on an upcoming ORD to LAS flight. dinner choices were just golden chicken, pasta, and harvest bowl...bummer.

but every time i try to save my selection I get an error - so maybe the menu isn't completely set yet?
Old Jan 13, 2023, 9:00 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Need to select for my upcoming JFK-LAX flight in F. Has anyone tried the beef brisket or ranchero shrimp? They seem like new additions.

That menu is identical to the one I had last winter in F on the same route, save for the grain bowl. The brisket was phenomenal. It wasn’t very heavy, either, which I suppose doesn’t matter considering the current Chelsea lounge offerings.

ryanbriar likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by The_Rockaway_Kid
Hi. Quick Q:

LGA-ORD is no longer considered a premium route, and will no longer get a meal in first class, correct?

Thank you.
Sadly, that's correct. Coded as "beverage service" for all LGA-ORD nonstops.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 10:09 am

Disappointing, for sure. Of course, the cookies are still served, right?
Old Jan 13, 2023, 10:46 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by The_Rockaway_Kid
Disappointing, for sure. Of course, the cookies are still served, right?
You should get the snack basket, for that distance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.