Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2023 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2023 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2023, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA
Phx-phl aa 1294

Solid service with two cabin crew working F. Warm towels and nuts, then plenty of Glenlivet. shrimp = good, sundried tomato salad = good, bread = good, chicken = bland, pasta = slightly less bland

Very happy to have the salt & pepper packet as I thought both mains were otherwise well-prepared. Dessert was either cheese plate or watermelon sorbet, served in an off-brand plastic cup.

Would like to see dessert options improved on this route, but otherwise acceptable domestic F.

chicken is better than it looks

mozzarella and a peppered cheese

zucchini and tomato pasta
355F1 and ambup like this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by golfer20
Solid service with two cabin crew working F. Warm towels and nuts, then plenty of Glenlivet. shrimp = good, sundried tomato salad = good, bread = good, chicken = bland, pasta = slightly less bland

Very happy to have the salt & pepper packet as I thought both mains were otherwise well-prepared. Dessert was either cheese plate or watermelon sorbet, served in an off-brand plastic cup.

Would like to see dessert options improved on this route, but otherwise acceptable domestic F.

chicken is better than it looks

mozzarella and a peppered cheese

zucchini and tomato pasta
Thats a good meal I have to say for that route. That pasta looks good. I've been carrying crushed pepper packets like you get at a pizza restaurant. Been such a great help now on my last few flights Adds seasoning & a kick in 1.
AAway and golfer20 like this.

Last edited by happiest_at_40000; Jan 8, 2023 at 7:48 pm
Old Jan 9, 2023, 6:31 pm

AA2532, LAX-DCA, 1/7/23, 1:23pm

Lunch
A321neo
First

Fabulous service by the FA in first. They greeted every single passenger coming on. Noticed I boarded late and made sure to get me a PDB of choice. After takeoff, came around and took drink orders which came with mixed nuts. Then took lunch orders. Choice of golden roasted chicken or vegetable pasta. I heard FA assure a passenger that the chicken would not be dry. Rolled my eyes. Brought out trays with shrimp app, sun-dried tomato salad, and choice of bread. Cleared plates. Mains were served. Lo and behold, chicken was not dry. Trays cleared. Dessert is choice of molten chocolate cake, fruit & cheese plate, or ice cream sundae. Opted for the sundae with the works. Food was better than expected (low bar). Happy to post pix when I hit 5 posts.

Throughout the service, FA took the time to talk to each passenger and explain the menu. Addressed everyone by name. Clearly showed pride in the job. Never really sat down--was constantly bringing around the snack basket or proactively refilling drinks. Had to pinch myself and make sure I was still flying AA.

Wish more flights were like this!
AJSpark, AAway, wrp96 and 7 others like this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by ambup
Lunch
A321neo
First

Fabulous service by the FA in first. They greeted every single passenger coming on. Noticed I boarded late and made sure to get me a PDB of choice. After takeoff, came around and took drink orders which came with mixed nuts. Then took lunch orders. Choice of golden roasted chicken or vegetable pasta. I heard FA assure a passenger that the chicken would not be dry. Rolled my eyes. Brought out trays with shrimp app, sun-dried tomato salad, and choice of bread. Cleared plates. Mains were served. Lo and behold, chicken was not dry. Trays cleared. Dessert is choice of molten chocolate cake, fruit & cheese plate, or ice cream sundae. Opted for the sundae with the works. Food was better than expected (low bar). Happy to post pix when I hit 5 posts.

Throughout the service, FA took the time to talk to each passenger and explain the menu. Addressed everyone by name. Clearly showed pride in the job. Never really sat down--was constantly bringing around the snack basket or proactively refilling drinks. Had to pinch myself and make sure I was still flying AA.

Were printed menus, blankets/duvets, and pillows distributed? Yes, please post photos once you've reached 5 posts!
ambup likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
1520, mia-dca, 8-jan

Departure time 8:07PM

No PDB on the ground. Boarding started a few (less than 5) minutes late and the F/C galley had already been catered.

F/A took drink and meal orders after the safety demo, acknowledging my ravioli preorder. The other option was the spicy chicken salad. Beverages were delivered promptly to the whole cabin front-to-back, not long after passing 10,000 ft. After the last drinks were delivered, F/A brought out meals in the same order.

The tortellini didn't have much flavor and may have been slightly overcooked. The hummus bowl was fine. I was most impressed by the brookie, which was surprisingly moist.

F/A was proactive on refills, but after trays were cleared, she retired to the jump seat.

AAL1 likes this.

Last edited by TropicalTripper; Jan 9, 2023 at 8:12 pm Reason: Added departure time
Old Jan 9, 2023, 8:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
I really hate the inconsistency of serving PDBs
Old Jan 9, 2023, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by ambup
Lunch
A321neo
First

Awesome to hear. Send in a compliment for he/she. I just did one for a great FA I had last week. Unfortunately now I have to type in a complaint for the absolute rudest most horrendous and disgusting service i have ever had... it was a gate agent in Miami.
ambup likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 9:06 pm

Anyone know if there are exact routes where the new lasagna is being served? Really want to try it but seems to never be on Transcon and wasnt on a recent mid con I did. Hope it doesnt take me a year to finally try like the toffee date cake.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Anyone know if there are exact routes where the new lasagna is being served? Really want to try it but seems to never be on Transcon and wasnt on a recent mid con I did. Hope it doesnt take me a year to finally try like the toffee date cake.
It's an option on my DFW-IAD for tomorrow (connecting from my SNA-DFW flight)
Old Jan 9, 2023, 11:16 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
It was on PHX-OGG this weekend.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
It's an option on my DFW-IAD for tomorrow (connecting from my SNA-DFW flight)
Originally Posted by 355F1
It was on PHX-OGG this weekend.
Thanks, this helps.. Seems like its out there a lot, hopefully I will see it soon.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 7:09 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Were printed menus, blankets/duvets, and pillows distributed? Yes, please post photos once you've reached 5 posts!
I haven't seen pillows/blankets/duvets on a contiguous 48 domestic non-Flagship flight no matter how long the duration... I'm pretty sure those were cut years ago -- especially the pillows and duvets (like 6 or so years ago).

The cauliflower lasagna? If my experience is any indication, you won't have any trouble finding it -- it's been the hot entree offered on all of my lunch/dinner flights since it's been introduced. 😁 In terms of rotation, it's paired with the charcuterie plate option now and offered in the 900+ mile mid-con tier. (Plus can be subbed out by the catering companies as needed.)
happiest_at_40000 and ambup like this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 7:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
First ex-MEX meal I’ve had that’s bad. Chicken very dried out. Essentially no mushroom sauce, as promised. No nuts loaded. Bread stale.

FA lazy and never returned to refill anything and seemed visibly annoyed when I rang the call button, so I did so frequently. Captain said there were reports a while back of bumps on approach, but it has been a while and he expected smooth approach. Said he’s put on seatbelt sign a little early in case. FA responded by gleefully running around J cabin taking away all service items saying Captain had told them they needed to prepare for landing early, which was untrue. We were an hour out. There was one bump.

Last edited by BlooJoo; Jan 10, 2023 at 7:33 am
Old Jan 10, 2023, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
No, no, and no. I don’t believe the menus were loaded by the caterer. The FA did take the time to explain the menu to each row and was happy to answer questions. I don’t think I’ve seen blankets and pillows on this route before since it’s a daytime flight.

Awesome to hear. Send in a compliment for he/she. I just did one for a great FA I had last week. Unfortunately now I have to type in a complaint for the absolute rudest most horrendous and disgusting service i have ever had... it was a gate agent in Miami.
Definitely did! Sorry to hear about your experience and unfortunately that seems closer to typical for me too.

Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
I haven't seen pillows/blankets/duvets on a contiguous 48 domestic non-Flagship flight no matter how long the duration... I'm pretty sure those were cut years ago -- especially the pillows and duvets (like 6 or so years ago).
This has been my experience too. May have seen them on redeyes here and there but not consistently. Not that there are any redeyes at DCA.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Jan 5, 2023
AA 1163 DFW-BOS, Lunch

I had the "Russian Roulette" grains bowl with the salmon and it was actually fabulous. For a 3 hour flight this was a good portion size. Salmon was moist and properly flaky, didn't taste fishy at all. I ended up mixing the quinoa, lentils, and pickled onions together with the miso sauce, which provided good seasoning for the otherwise-bland quinoa and lentils.

The "hummus" or whatever on the side plate was a miss (watery and gross) but overall a great flight with great FAs.

AJSpark, MrAndy1369 and 355F1 like this.

Last edited by platbrownguy; Jan 10, 2023 at 10:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.