Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Info MIA-LAX 2289 Delay

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2022, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: American EP
Flight Info MIA-LAX 2289 Delay

I am puzzled looking at a flight family member has tonight MIA-LAX 2289. It is scheduled for 8 PM, delayed to 8:47 PM departure but the incoming flight is showing no delay arriving at 4:41 PM. Clearly there is no weather delay involved and maintenance shouldn't be showing up for a delay yet if they are flying that plane in from San Juan (or at least I hope). Could this be a crew situation?
Also, just to be certain - they should still arrive at the airport as if the flight is leaving at 8pm - correct?
Thanks
Old Dec 28, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Exec Plt , Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by mwood19004
I am puzzled looking at a flight family member has tonight MIA-LAX 2289. It is scheduled for 8 PM, delayed to 8:47 PM departure but the incoming flight is showing no delay arriving at 4:41 PM. Clearly there is no weather delay involved and maintenance shouldn't be showing up for a delay yet if they are flying that plane in from San Juan (or at least I hope). Could this be a crew situation?
Also, just to be certain - they should still arrive at the airport as if the flight is leaving at 8pm - correct?
Thanks
It's a crew issue. I would still get there as if the flight was still leaving at 8PM as they could always move crews around and the departure time gets put back to the original.
mwood19004 and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: American EP
Thank you. That was exactly what I thought!
Old Dec 28, 2022, 2:32 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by mwood19004
Thank you. That was exactly what I thought!
A pretty minor delay, considering. Could get extended if the delayed crew is further delayed. Or, as mentioned, could get moved up if new crew is located.

becks1, FLL88 and plancast like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.