Wiki Posts
Search

Physical Card for Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2022, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton
Physical Card for Platinum

Hey Guys! Hope you all doing well. I know AA no longer sends physical membership kit to newly qualified Platinum members, but just out of curiosity I’m wondering if it’d be possible to request the physical kit on the phone or through email. Anyone has had the experience? Thank you!
Old Dec 19, 2022, 10:52 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Do they even send physical kits to Exec Plats...? What about luggage tags...? Maybe all this has been discontinued and now everything is 100% digital...?
Old Dec 19, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Do they even send physical kits to Exec Plats...? What about luggage tags...? Maybe all this has been discontinued and now everything is 100% digital...?
Yes - just got my renewal mailing a month or so ago.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Yup. PP and above get the kits.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by slxtynrt18
Hey Guys! Hope you all doing well. I know AA no longer sends physical membership kit to newly qualified Platinum members, but just out of curiosity I’m wondering if it’d be possible to request the physical kit on the phone or through email. Anyone has had the experience? Thank you!
There's no kit for Plat and hasn't been for years.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

They are still giving out kits to the top 2 tiers as a norm, but they stopped automatically giving kits to the other 2 tiers.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 2:08 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
They are still giving out kits to the top 2 tiers as a norm, but they stopped automatically giving kits to the other 2 tiers.
No, they stopped giving kits to Gold and Plat, period. There's no kit to request.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
To answer your question directly: no, you cannot request a Platinum kit by phone or email because no such kits exist. AA is not going to create a Platinum luggage tag for you no matter how nicely you ask.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Yeah guess that makes sense if they don’t even produce it at all. Fingers crossed hope no problem in smaller airports
Old Dec 19, 2022, 2:36 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
What problem could there possibly be?

If you need proof of status, print a boarding pass and your OW status, in this case Sapphire, will be on it
Old Dec 19, 2022, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Yeah guess that makes sense if they don’t even produce it at all. Fingers crossed hope no problem in smaller airports
You can view -- and print -- a copy of your card by logging in to your AAdvantage account.
Antarius likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Hasn’t there been reports of people being rejected lounge access since they couldn’t produce a physical card?

I think id rather stick with the mobile version…Can’t believe a global airline of AA’s scale cheap enough to not even give out physical cards to sapphire members, given that some other airlines give out physical cards even to non status holders.

Last edited by Microwave; Dec 19, 2022 at 4:50 pm Reason: Merged consecutive posts for readability
Old Dec 19, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP DL Plat BONVOY LT Plat
Hasn’t there been reports of people being rejected lounge access since they couldn’t produce a physical card?
I can not remember the last time I had my physical card on me, whereas my phone is always in tow. pull up the AA app on the phone, show it to whom it may concern. what am I missing?
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

My understanding is that there should be no problem at all in most airports, but there are people who had the problem in some small non-major airports in Europe which I tend to visit a lot, hence the worries. Hopefully it’s no longer the case.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 2:55 pm

I recall a couple reports of that maybe four years ago at a lounge or two in Germany. I've seen none since. Everyone is using digital cards now.
BWISkyGuy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.