Physical Card for Platinum

Old Dec 19, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP DL Plat BONVOY LT Plat
Originally Posted by js1993
I recall a couple reports of that maybe four years ago at a lounge or two in Germany. I've seen none since. Everyone is using digital cards now.
perhaps those lounges that are operated by independents where the check in people are completly clueless
Old Dec 19, 2022, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton
Yeah, there are many of those here, especially smaller cities in Southern Europe. Still, would’ve been nice to have a physical card tho. Ironically I got physical cards as non status holder with CX and NH lol.
​​​​
Totally agree, i guess there’s really no reason to worry then. (If Priority Pass lounges all accept digital, there shouldn’t be any reason for airline lounges to ask otherwise, no matter how small the airport is.)

Last edited by Microwave; Dec 19, 2022 at 4:52 pm Reason: Merged consecutive posts for readability
Old Dec 19, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: OWE - AA Plat Pro, Lifetime Plat, BA nobody (blue)
Originally Posted by guv1976
You can view -- and print -- a copy of your card by logging in to your AAdvantage account.
OK. I have heard this before. But could you tell me exactly how, please. I see no link that prints a card.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by tjcxx
OK. I have heard this before. But could you tell me exactly how, please. I see no link that prints a card.
See this helpful post from Lonedaddy:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34806388-post3.html
Old Dec 19, 2022, 4:57 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
As a reminder, please use the multi-quote feature when replying to multiple posts at once; posting consecutive replies is not acceptable. Please also remember that posts must be friendly, respectful and welcoming. Please check the FlyerTalk Rules if you’re unsure of what’s permitted.

~Moderator
aztimm likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP
im EP and got one bag tag.. that's it?
Old Dec 19, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by ExecutivePlatinum
im EP and got one bag tag.. that's it?
As far as I know, the "kit" for Platinum Pro and Executive Platinum is just a luggage tag and some AApplause certificates. It does not come with a physical card.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by slxtynrt18
My understanding is that there should be no problem at all in most airports, but there are people who had the problem in some small non-major airports in Europe which I tend to visit a lot, hence the worries. Hopefully it’s no longer the case.
Even at major airports in Europe, I have never encountered a partner airline agent who knows what AA Platinum is. They just need proof of your OW Sapphire status, which should be printed on any AA partner boarding pass.
TWA884 and FLL88 like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ORDflyer92
Even at major airports in Europe, I have never encountered a partner airline agent who knows what AA Platinum is. They just need proof of your OW Sapphire status, which should be printed on any AA partner boarding pass.
One's virtual AAdvantage card (referenced in Post #11) contains a colored oval indicating one's oneworld status -- as well as a scannable code. So either a screenshot or a paper copy (printed on a color printer) should suffice.
Antarius likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 5:40 am

Programs: OWE - AA Plat Pro, Lifetime Plat, BA nobody (blue)
Originally Posted by guv1976
See this helpful post from Lonedaddy:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34806388-post3.html
Thanks for that. However the method described involves the app. I do not have and cannot get the app -- AA's IT in its wisdom (and arrogance?) has made the app only available to very new phones and pad-things.

Any way of getting the card through the website?
Old Dec 20, 2022, 6:22 am

Programs: AA-EXP
Originally Posted by njvandy
As far as I know, the "kit" for Platinum Pro and Executive Platinum is just a luggage tag and some AApplause certificates. It does not come with a physical card.
The EXP packet i received in 2022 was the exact same as previous years: physical card, luggage tags, and applause chits.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Uzzar
The EXP packet i received in 2022 was the exact same as previous years: physical card, luggage tags, and applause chits.
When did you get it? And did you requal or make EXP for the first time?

I requalified and got 1 luggage tag and the applause certs. Showed up a few weeks ago.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 7:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by slxtynrt18
Hasn’t there been reports of people being rejected lounge access since they couldn’t produce a physical card?

I think id rather stick with the mobile version…Can’t believe a global airline of AA’s scale cheap enough to not even give out physical cards to sapphire members, given that some other airlines give out physical cards even to non status holders.
Originally Posted by js1993
I recall a couple reports of that maybe four years ago at a lounge or two in Germany. I've seen none since. Everyone is using digital cards now.
As a moderator of the former US Airways forum, we regularly saw reports of FT'ers being denied access to LH lounges, unless they had a physical card. I know that when I visited LH lounges in MUC and FRA I needed to show my card, along with a boarding pass, to be admitted to the lounge.

But that was quite long time ago...
Old Dec 20, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: AA-EXP
Originally Posted by Antarius
When did you get it? And did you requal or make EXP for the first time?

I requalified and got 1 luggage tag and the applause certs. Showed up a few weeks ago.
I requalified around August, I've been EXP every year since the merger (2016?), was CP with US Airways for about 4 years before that. The kit included 1 physical full size card, 2 luggage tags, and applause chits. Not sure why my kit would be different that anyone else's.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
When I hit EP for the first time last year, I received the kit with the card, two luggage tags, and applause chits. When requalifying this year, the kit I received had the card, one luggage tag, and applause chits. Requal this year appears to get you one luggage tag.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.