Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SWU Showing available on AA.COM, But

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:41 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by milesandmoremiles
EF is a great tool but Ive found that even that hasn’t been accurate in the last few weeks, giving false numbers on whats available for upgrades even going as far as sending alerts for upgrade space thats not there.
Every time I’ve read this it’s been user error. When using the Awards & Upgrades search, segment by segment, without codeshares, I’ve never seen the tool be incorrect at the time of searching.
JJeffrey, aztimm and apeortdz like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
EF is a great tool but Ive found that even that hasn’t been accurate in the last few weeks, giving false numbers on whats available for upgrades even going as far as sending alerts for upgrade space thats not there.
Yea, EF has never been anything but 100% accurate when used correctly. I trust it about 100x more than the clunky aa.com SWU availability functionality. And if I get an alert but the space isn't there by the time I manually check that means that someone else grabbed it (or AA pulled it), not that EF was incorrect.
apeortdz likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yea, EF has never been anything but 100% accurate when used correctly. I trust it about 100x more than the clunky aa.com SWU availability functionality. And if I get an alert but the space isn't there by the time I manually check that means that someone else grabbed it (or AA pulled it), not that EF was incorrect.
Originally Posted by Microwave
Every time I’ve read this it’s been user error. When using the Awards & Upgrades search, segment by segment, without codeshares, I’ve never seen the tool be incorrect at the time of searching.
Im well aware of how to use EF and how to properly search for upgrade space.

It was inaccurate on three different flights (months from now) I was watching for SWU upgrade space within this last week. In each case it alerted to upgrade space, but going to aa.com it showed no space and calling in, agents showed no upgrade space. In each case, did the search again and it showed space that simply wasn't actually there.

So don’t think EF is 100% accurate, its not. Its a great tool but don't put total faith into it. And don’t just assume when somebody reports a problem with EF, its user error.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Im well aware of how to use EF and how to properly search for upgrade space.

It was inaccurate on three different flights (months from now) I was watching for SWU upgrade space within this last week. In each case it alerted to upgrade space, but going to aa.com it showed no space and calling in, agents showed no upgrade space. In each case, did the search again and it showed space that simply wasn't actually there.

So don’t think EF is 100% accurate, its not. Its a great tool but don't put total faith into it. And don’t just assume when somebody reports a problem with EF, its user error.
But in 99.9% of cases we see it's definitely user error, so this is a safe assumption.

Also this past week AA inadvertently released a bunch of C space on a number of flights way off in the future before immediately pulling it, there were lots of reports of folks getting alerts and seeing C space only for it to be gone by the time they were able to call AA. This was an AA issue, not an issue with EF reporting false positives.

Whenever I receive an alert I always manually verify the space on EF before calling AA, and refresh it while on hold. I've never had an agent not be able to see C space that EF shows when searched correctly.

If you are confident that you've seen EF reporting false positives then you need to report it over on the EF thread and they'll take a look.

AA and ExpertFlyer "Expert Flyer" issues, questions (master thread)
USFlyerUS, Microwave and apeortdz like this.

Last edited by Microwave; Jul 20, 2022 at 9:10 am Reason: Reverted accidental edit
Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:08 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
If any of these searches still returns C inventory that AA can't/won't put you in, might you share the flight number and date? Not a lack of faith, just good science to replicate the results of a study!

If you are confident that you've seen EF reporting false positives then you need to report it over on the EF thread and they'll take a look.
Excellent advice.
apeortdz likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:24 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

AA and ExpertFlyer "Expert Flyer" issues, questions (master thread)
The better bet is to email us directly at [email protected] so we see it as soon as possible. However as others have said the data is accurate as it is the live data that AA is publishing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.