FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SWU Showing available on AA.COM, But
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:52 am
milesandmoremiles

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yea, EF has never been anything but 100% accurate when used correctly. I trust it about 100x more than the clunky aa.com SWU availability functionality. And if I get an alert but the space isn't there by the time I manually check that means that someone else grabbed it (or AA pulled it), not that EF was incorrect.
Originally Posted by Microwave
Every time I’ve read this it’s been user error. When using the Awards & Upgrades search, segment by segment, without codeshares, I’ve never seen the tool be incorrect at the time of searching.
Im well aware of how to use EF and how to properly search for upgrade space.

It was inaccurate on three different flights (months from now) I was watching for SWU upgrade space within this last week. In each case it alerted to upgrade space, but going to aa.com it showed no space and calling in, agents showed no upgrade space. In each case, did the search again and it showed space that simply wasn't actually there.

So don’t think EF is 100% accurate, its not. Its a great tool but don't put total faith into it. And don’t just assume when somebody reports a problem with EF, its user error.