Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Big Pushback From TSA when using the priority Lane At IAH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2022, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,

Im IAH based and there is a single lane obviously for priority access at terminal A. American has maybe 30 flights a day ? Prior to COVID there was a small American Priority sign. For whatever reason its no longer there. Most of the time I use that lane to get to the front of the cue with no questions asked. Sometimes I get pushback but explain that I have priority access with American and get through. I got a lot of pushback this evening and spoke with the TSA supervisor. I tried to explain that American offers its elite members expedited access through tsa check points and Americans website even specifies George Bush Intercontinental. I was polite and the TSA supervisor was abrasive. I passed thru anyhow. Should I contact American about this and have them reach out to IAH management ? Or am I wrong there is no priority access at IAH ? Or just let it go ? I usually use the lane without any issues.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
What did the TSA guy say were the qualifications for using the lane?
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stripe
What did the TSA guy say were the qualifications for using the lane?
Good question. I didnt ask. Maybe TSA pre check but they know I have that. Maybe wheelchair accessible ? The pushback goes something like sir you need to go to the back of the line The TSA supervisor immediately went into we have nothing to do with the airport or American Airlines mode. Unwilling to help but I told him American and George Bush Intercontinental have an agreement to give their elite members priority access.

Last edited by D3Kingg; Feb 27, 2022 at 8:59 pm
Old Feb 27, 2022, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Are you an AC member? If so, have you thought about mentioning it to the IAH AC agents? They likely have more faster and more direct access to AA's management in IAH who could correct the issue. Maybe AA's not even aware the AA priority sign is missing. Could potentially be a quicker resolution than just sending in a complaint on AA.com.

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 27, 2022, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Are you an AC member? If so, have you thought about mentioning it to the IAH AC agents? They likely have more faster and more direct access to AA's management in IAH who could correct the issue. Maybe AA's not even aware the AA priority sign is missing. Could potentially be a quicker resolution than just sending in a complaint on AA.com.

-FlyerBeek
I buy one day passes a few times a year. Maybe tomorrow I can use the lounge twice. Once in DFW and then upon landing again at IAH. Good idea. Thanks for the feedback.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Ever since COVID, most of the priority lanes are gone. The IAH one hasn't existed since March 2020 from what I recall (also IAH based).

DFW, MIA etc. there now is either regular or precheck. Missed an I-D connection in DFW due to a lengthy queue and no priority line.
FAA1996 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 9:53 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Antarius
Ever since COVID, most of the priority lanes are gone. The IAH one hasn't existed since March 2020 from what I recall (also IAH based).

DFW, MIA etc. there now is either regular or precheck. Missed an I-D connection in DFW due to a lengthy queue and no priority line.
What?? There's no priority security at DFW for elites and F/J pax???
Old Feb 27, 2022, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
There is a Priority lane at LGA. When I went through on Thursday evening it was estimated to be a minute faster than pre-check. However, I still stuck with pre check just to avoid the shoe and laptop hassle.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 11:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by D3KingAmerican
Im IAH based and there is a single lane obviously for priority access at terminal A. American has maybe 30 flights a day ? Prior to COVID there was a small American Priority sign. For whatever reason its no longer there. Most of the time I use that lane to get to the front of the cue with no questions asked. Sometimes I get pushback but explain that I have priority access with American and get through. I got a lot of pushback this evening and spoke with the TSA supervisor. I tried to explain that American offers its elite members expedited access through tsa check points and Americans website even specifies George Bush Intercontinental. I was polite and the TSA supervisor was abrasive. I passed thru anyhow. Should I contact American about this and have them reach out to IAH management ? Or am I wrong there is no priority access at IAH ? Or just let it go ? I usually use the lane without any issues.
If the lane wasnt identified as a priority lane, then how was it obvious thats still what it was for? Also, where on the AA website does it state that IAH has such access? I couldnt find it.
seawolf and Adam1222 like this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I've definitely seen them recently at LGA, JFK, and MIA. I have pre-check but my complaion doesn't. Interestingly AA doesn't grant Pre-check to companions on the same PNR, so had to send her through the priority lanes while I went to pre-check to avoid shoes/laptop hassles. (UA does grant pre-check to same PNR companions, don't know if it's for elites only or for everyone).
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:10 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Interesting that AA offers (offered?) priority screening at IAH when they don't at PHL, one of their larger hubs. OTOH, I suspect that most AA elites at PHL have PreCheck.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, BA Gold, TK Elite
I think one of the reasons they offered priority line there was because they share that security checkpoint with Spirit which can get really backed up at peak times. There is another checkpoint on the opposite side of A (Delta/Frontier/Alaska) which sometimes is easier but more importantly has PreCheck. You can walk around to American gates from that checkpoint also but it is a decent walk.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
I'm struggling to understand why a PPRO would not have Pre-Check or Global Entry.
Tanic, onanisland and boss315 like this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hbtr
If the lane wasnt identified as a priority lane, then how was it obvious thats still what it was for? Also, where on the AA website does it state that IAH has such access? I couldnt find it.
its the straight line all the way to the left no one is ever using separate from the line of 60 Spirit airlines passengers .

Old Feb 28, 2022, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vasantn
I'm struggling to understand why a PPRO would not have Pre-Check or Global Entry.
i most certainly do . Should I be able to use that line to the far left for pre check ? The tsa supervisor i spoke with seemed uninformed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.