Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
This thread is making me seriously regret booking AA F over BA F, which I’ve enjoyed several times in the past. Though I’m heading to Paris and AA F JFK-CDG was appealing since I really hate connecting in Europe after the overnight flight, let alone connecting at LHR. Really does seem like the best bet is enjoy a nice meal at FFD and sleep for most/all of the flight itself with the nicer seat and bedding.

if I do decide to eat onboard any thoughts on alpine herbed chicken, truffle ricotta ravioli, miso saba sea bass, or short rib with bacon jam/port sauce?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
if I do decide to eat onboard any thoughts on alpine herbed chicken, truffle ricotta ravioli, miso saba sea bass, or short rib with bacon jam/port sauce?
Let me get your expectations in check. Choices are chicken, pasta, fish or meat.

Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
This thread is making me seriously regret booking AA F over BA F, which I’ve enjoyed several times in the past. Though I’m heading to Paris and AA F JFK-CDG was appealing since I really hate connecting in Europe after the overnight flight, let alone connecting at LHR. Really does seem like the best bet is enjoy a nice meal at FFD and sleep for most/all of the flight itself with the nicer seat and bedding.

While BA F is far better than AA F, given FFD, I’d still take an AA nonstop rather than changing planes in LHR of all places.
wrp96 and CappuccinoAddict like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:03 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold

Sea Bass. But the best strategy is eat well at FFD, then sleep immediately after takeoff.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:00 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
While BA F is far better than AA F, given FFD, I’d still take an AA nonstop rather than changing planes in LHR of all places.
Totally agree - there’s a lot to be said for walking off the plane and not having to take an hour long flight in a Y seat (not to mention security etc.).

Sea bass is good, but as others said - load up at FFD, maybe a drink of questionable wine / champagne once in the air and go to sleep.
CappuccinoAddict likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Totally agree - there’s a lot to be said for walking off the plane and not having to take an hour long flight in a Y seat (not to mention security etc.).

Sea bass is good, but as others said - load up at FFD, maybe a drink of questionable wine / champagne once in the air and go to sleep.
That’ll be the strategy then! I’ve pre-ordered the sea bass just in case.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Upcoming JFK-LHR daytime flight in J has the following choices:

Bourbon-Glazed Salmon
Seared Beef Filet
Braised Chicken Cacciatore
Cheese Enchiladas

Was thinking the Beef Filet would be good, but the Chicken was done by their Executive chef so considering it. Wondering if anyone has experience with these, don't see photos in the thread.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:04 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by hi55us
Upcoming JFK-LHR daytime flight in J has the following choices:

Bourbon-Glazed Salmon
Seared Beef Filet
Braised Chicken Cacciatore
Cheese Enchiladas

Was thinking the Beef Filet would be good, but the Chicken was done by their Executive chef so considering it. Wondering if anyone has experience with these, don't see photos in the thread.
Ive just flown LHR-JFK in business and the Sirloin steak was terrible, and didn’t look much better, so I’d avoid the beef if I were you. Quite frankly I would of been sad to of eaten it in economy.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by PxC
Ive just flown LHR-JFK in business and the Sirloin steak was terrible, and didn’t look much better, so I’d avoid the beef if I were you. Quite frankly I would of been sad to of eaten it in economy.
Ok, did the Salmon look good? Normally avoid eating fish on a plane, but sounds appetizing.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hi55us
Ok, did the Salmon look good? Normally avoid eating fish on a plane, but sounds appetizing.
I don't eat fish on the ground, but on a plane it typically comes out good. My experience with AA fish has been positive. These are to/from MEX.

Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by PxC
That menu is the same on 78 tonight I'll be on. I chose the steak and hope will be better than your experience but more so it was process of elimination. I hate salmon, ate the chicken cacciatore once but was really bad with greasy skin, and enchiladas .....leave it to AA to have a taco bell item on their transatlantic J menu.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by enviroian
That menu is the same on 78 tonight I'll be on. I chose the steak and hope will be better than your experience but more so it was process of elimination. I hate salmon, ate the chicken cacciatore once but was really bad with greasy skin, and enchiladas .....leave it to AA to have a taco bell item on their transatlantic J menu.
I actually think Taco Bell's version might be better.

Either way though a joke of an entre to have on Int'l premium cabin.
gateH15 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: American Advantage
My dinner options for CLT-SXM in business class:
  • Butternut squash risotto with red pepper coulis
  • Chicken picatta served with cauliflower mash and garlic confit
My dinner options for SXM-CLT in business class:
  • Classic cheese ravioli seasoned tomatoes and artichokes, shaved parmesan, pomodoro sauce
  • Short rib with green peppercorn sauce served with gruyere and pimento mac n' cheese
I typically eat pescatarian and dairy-free, but I will make exceptions when needed. Has anyone had these meals and can recommend which is better quality? Thank you!
Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Has anyone had this?

Created and inspired by our partnership with the James Beard Foundation and Chef Sarah Grueneberg
Braised Chicken Cacciatore, porcini mushrooms, zucchini, squash, creamy polenta
Old Jun 22, 2022, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Has anyone had this?

Created and inspired by our partnership with the James Beard Foundation and Chef Sarah Grueneberg
Braised Chicken Cacciatore, porcini mushrooms, zucchini, squash, creamy polenta
That was what I was asking about on my upcoming flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.