Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
AA1573
LAX-MIA
772 J

Solid crew. Solid meal overall.

Flagship First branded menus, for whatever reason.

I ordered the sea bass, and I was served the beef short ribs at first. The mistake was quickly corrected with an apology, but not before I got a quick picture.

The tomato goat cheese appetizer was alright . I suppose American wants me to eat more veggies.

The salad was pretty good, with the ripe strawberries being the star.

The sea bass was actually really good, and it’s the best American fish dish I’ve eaten in eons. It actually reminded of the miso fish my mom used to make when I was a kid. Mashed potatoes tasted like mashed potatoes. And the veggies descent.

BUTTERSCOTCH SUNDAE. It’s been years since I’ve had one aloft, and boy did it hit the spot.

Carfield, corky, chrisny2 and 7 others like this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
AA2541
MIA-IAH
738 F

Well… I’ll just leave this right here. Is there a mozzarella cheese shortage I wasn’t aware of? The always stale corn nuts were a nice touch.

To give credit where it was due, the SFO based flight attendants were fantastic and tried to make up the crappy meal with non-stop drink runs. But I actually made a voluntary stop at Whataburger on the way home.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:57 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by footballfanatic
Can we create a separate thread for the four transcontinental routes (LAX-BOS, LAX-JFK, LAX-MIA, SFO-JFK) + Hawaii? In other words, it might be helpful to see the experience relevant to the short- and mid-haul flights that comprise the majority of the domestic network.
So the entire thread will be filled with dread, instead of random spotlights of how the food and beverage on Flagship routes are superior to other US carriers?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by PTahCha
So the entire thread will be filled with dread, instead of random spotlights of how the food and beverage on Flagship routes are superior to other US carriers?
not dread, but the truth. Pictures of whatever is offered on short-/mid-cons that most flyers actually fly on deserves its own thread.

And, the separate truth about how domestic Flagship is actually fAAntastic deserves its own thread (with obligatory pictures of sea bass and butterscotch sundaes).
ceebee100 and VaBeachGirl like this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by footballfanatic
Can we create a separate thread for the four transcontinental routes (LAX-BOS, LAX-JFK, LAX-MIA, SFO-JFK) + Hawaii? In other words, it might be helpful to see the experience relevant to the short- and mid-haul flights that comprise the majority of the domestic network.
In early covid, we had that. There was the domestic meals thread and the covid thread. The only domestic flights with meals were flagship, so that thread was the flagship thread. The covid "will it be turkey havarti or valencia chicken" (oh weren't those the days) thread was the covid lounge. Unfortunately AA's promised delivery of meals outside of flagship has led to a consolidation of sorts.

All that to say, yes, a 2022 Domestic Flagship + Longhaul Hawaii Meals thread seems in order. (Need to clarify that only DFW/ORD/CLT flights to Hawaii count). After today's travel kerfuffle I may treat myself to a Flagship run this week and start the thread if no one else beats me to it.

Also it's 5 Flagship routes, not 4, unless SNA-JFK has died of covid.
CLT and madmanshoney like this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dat4life
AA2541
MIA-IAH
738 F

Well… I’ll just leave this right here. Is there a mozzarella cheese shortage I wasn’t aware of? The always stale corn nuts were a nice touch.

I wouldn't even serve this at a homeless shelter! Cold, dry stale bread with 2 miniscule slices of "mozzarella" topped with a couple of pieces of sundried tomatoes and 3 leaves of spinach? This has gone beyond ridiculous!
AA as a company actually take pride in serving this to First Class passengers??
I won't pay for domestic F until hot meal service resumes or at least something better than this garbage. I will continue to eat at the AC or Centurion Lounge and if neither are available, buy a hot meal in the airport and bring it on board.
davistev, Carfield and enviroian like this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Markie
First Class LAX-CLT this morning:
That's what my neighbour had this morning from SEA-PHX.
I went with the turkey and cheese croissant and i thought it was really good and a decent size. Tasty, soft, added the cheese wedges to give it even more cheese. Fruit (blueberries, two types of grapes and a strawberry were tasty), with copious amounts of shrink wrap covering every dish and the tray.
Markie and Carfield like this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:41 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by ceebee100
I wouldn't even serve this at a homeless shelter! Cold, dry stale bread with 2 miniscule slices of "mozzarella" topped with a couple of pieces of sundried tomatoes and 3 leaves of spinach? This has gone beyond ridiculous!
AA as a company actually take pride in serving this to First Class passengers??
I won't pay for domestic F until hot meal service resumes or at least something better than this garbage. I will continue to eat at the AC or Centurion Lounge and if neither are available, buy a hot meal in the airport and bring it on board.
I might treat this as the mystery basket from Chopped: Remove sandwich, put salad on the big plate, place the mozz, basil, and tomato on top, dress it with dressing provided, and eat the bread as if it's a roll (optional). The corn snack can serve as crunchy element on the salad.
corky, ryan182, sushanna1 and 6 others like this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
In early covid, we had that. (oh weren't those the days) .
I grinned and chuckled!
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
The covid "will it be turkey havarti or valencia chicken" (oh weren't those the days) thread was the covid lounge.
What's sad is that the recent non-Flagship meals that I'm seeing in this thread appear to be even worse than those above options from late 2020-early 2021.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
I totally agree that it is possible to do a FULL meal service in less than 1 hr! BOTH First and Economy got meals on those flights!
Quite a few years ago, USAir was serving a full warm breakfast in Y between CLE and PIT (106 miles). I wrote "warm" because it was served in insulated trays, not heated aboard the aircraft.
jamiel, ceebee100 and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
As a former FA for a non US airline, I totally agree that it is possible to do a FULL meal service in less than 1 hr! BOTH First and Economy got meals on those flights! I did it for 5 years.
Of course it's possible. I've had meals in the not-too-distant pre-COVID past on FRA-MUC and SIN-KUL (both under 200mi / 30 mins of flight time). Nowadays, even a drink service flying DCA-LGA in F is hit-or-miss and sometimes too much to ask.

-FlyerBeek
ceebee100 and thunderdeacon like this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Anyone else having trouble pre-ordering a meal on aa.com? MMB invites me to place an order (inside the 30 day window), but when clicked it says "Our system is having trouble. Please try again or come back later." Or is it just me/my booking?
Old Feb 2, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by revorgap
Anyone else having trouble pre-ordering a meal on aa.com? MMB invites me to place an order (inside the 30 day window), but when clicked it says "Our system is having trouble. Please try again or come back later." Or is it just me/my booking?
It's not available at this time. I wish they'd just remove the link at this point until pre-order is again available.
ceebee100 and thunderdeacon like this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by revorgap
It's just AA.com being AA.com. That issue has been around for a few weeks despite the fact that the only flights currently getting pre-order (or even decent meals) are the premium transcons (JFK-LAX/SFO) and long Hawaii flights (DFW and CLT). And not even all those flights are getting pre-order (MIA-LAX doesn't get pre-order).
thunderdeacon and revorgap like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.