Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Award Flight compensation?: Death of a Thousand Delays.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Flight compensation?: Death of a Thousand Delays.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2021, 6:49 am

Programs: AA EP
You aren’t getting your miles back. You took the trip! What was referred to above is that AA will sometimes comp u a small amount of Mike’s for your delay — depending on the type of award and how many Mike’s you paid. Maybe 5k?

this would be done by customer service via the web

Originally Posted by PaperGlider
Thanks. AA said they aren't giving back the miles!

To whom do I write the request for reinstating the miles please? Thanks
Old Oct 19, 2021, 6:52 am

Programs: AA EP
I believe you need to significantly reset your expectations. delays are now a normal part of travel. You aren’t unique.

Yep, I do expect a refund or compensation.

AA did not provide transportation as contracted and this had significant impact upon me and others traveling hours to meet me. The passengers were being shined on and used as pawns .

It's not much in value but I was treated badly in an underhanded way through no fault of my own. The more they blow smoke at me, the more I'll pursue.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 6:53 am

Programs: Executive Platinum
Some days ago, my flight was delayed by many hours for multiple reasons (plane delayed getting to a major hub, crew late, mechanical, etc) It eventually left the next day after multiple hours of delays the next day (crew late, mechanical, etc)
Is a re-instatement of the points used a reasonable compensation?
What are people getting in compensation for last week's problems with flights?
Just to clarify, none of the issues that you encountered were impacted by weather? You did eventually fly to your intended destination the next day?
I assume since this was at the start of your trip that AA did not need to provide a hotel or meals?

Personally I would think since you accepted AA offer to fly you the next day that you used the miles. It is not clear to me how you can really expect to get a retroactive free flight. Obviously you could have had your miles reinstated if you would have stayed home.

Perhaps a few miles, but IMO you are being very unreasonable.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Is a re-instatement of the points used a reasonable compensation?
What are people getting in compensation for last week's problems with flights?
Those were my original questions. Thanks to those who posted replies with a helpful spirit.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Yep, I do expect a refund or compensation.

AA did not provide transportation as contracted and this had significant impact upon me and others traveling hours to meet me. The passengers were being shined on and used as pawns .

It's not much in value but I was treated badly in an underhanded way through no fault of my own. The more they blow smoke at me, the more I'll pursue.
Despite what happened the first day, you still decided to take the trip the next day. You could have canceled and received a full refund for the first day.
If you still decided to make a round trip, suggesting a full refund is a bit much IMHO. It's not like this was intentional on AA's part
Old Oct 19, 2021, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Those were my original questions. Thanks to those who posted replies with a helpful spirit.
<Deleted rant>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.