Wiki Posts
Search

AA Buy on Board

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2021, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by bchandler02
Nope. COVID only flies in Y on AA, so no alcohol/food available there. But in F, or on almost any other domestic airline, good to go.
WN just gives you 5 drink choices (water, coke, sprite, diet coke, coffee) and you can't uncover your mouth to speak them. You can use fingers to identify what you want or point to the item on the card the FA brings.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by S80
More room throughout coach.
Yep, that experiment, which once again, showed that most people will not pay a little more to get more space.
So, they went to MCE, which cost a bit more, but still wasn't successful, so the number of MCE seats have been reduced.
So, they tried to entice people with free alcohol, unfortunately that stopped due to COVID. Now they won't even sell alcohol in Y...
There was some mention it had to do with altercations on flight these altercations happened on non alcohol flight, and often before alcohol would have been served on flights with alcohol.
enviroian likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 11:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
All of this, particularly the idea that if one takes their mask off for a nano second on a plane every onboard will die just shows how stupid the world has become. Really like taking your mask off to say "Diet Coke" is equal to shooting up on heroin daily.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by mvoight
WN just gives you 5 drink choices (water, coke, sprite, diet coke, coffee) and you can't uncover your mouth to speak them. You can use fingers to identify what you want or point to the item on the card the FA brings.
That's changing. WN is bringing back mixers since they set the supply chain in motion for the reintroduction of booze. But even though they delayed the booze, the mixers are still coming. That'll be nice with the addition of seltzer water, cranberry cocktail juice, orange juice, and ginger ale. But who in the world would order tonic without vodka or gin!
Old Sep 23, 2021, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
All of this, particularly the idea that if one takes their mask off for a nano second on a plane every onboard will die just shows how stupid the world has become. Really like taking your mask off to say "Diet Coke" is equal to shooting up on heroin daily.
That flight attendant was one of the most angry sound WN FA's I have ever heard. He also insisted we must only sip, mask, sip, etc and mask off, bit, mask on... so, basically chewing with a mask on.......Ridiculous
This was last Sunday night from FLL to DAL.. The was end to a great cruise vacation on Celebrity Edge, with winning stays at Seminole Hard Rock before and after the cruise, including a Carlos Santana concert last Saturday, and an early morning Video Poker win of $20K with my first Royal Flush on $5 (x5) Video Poker. I was winning so I upped my normal $1 coins to $2, then to $5.......

Last edited by mvoight; Sep 23, 2021 at 12:28 pm
Old Sep 23, 2021, 12:52 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Yeah, the beer virus really prefers the bottom of the barrel airlines for travel. AA Y and WN make the most sense for that.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, AA Platinum
I feel like this is enough, but maybe add some fruit juices
Old Sep 23, 2021, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by TheHighFlyer123
They are. See my post above: cranberry cocktail juice, orange juice
Old Sep 23, 2021, 6:15 pm
Suspended

That flight attendant was one of the most angry sound WN FA's I have ever heard. He also insisted we must only sip, mask, sip, etc and mask off, bit, mask on... so, basically chewing with a mask on.......Ridiculous
This was last Sunday night from FLL to DAL.. The was end to a great cruise vacation on Celebrity Edge, with winning stays at Seminole Hard Rock before and after the cruise, including a Carlos Santana concert last Saturday, and an early morning Video Poker win of $20K with my first Royal Flush on $5 (x5) Video Poker. I was winning so I upped my normal $1 coins to $2, then to $5.......
After a couple of bad experiences with them earlier this year I'm done flying them until things return to "normal". At least on my AA/DL/UA/B6 flights I was treated like a human.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TheHighFlyer123
Ehh.. canned juice is gross.

Hate to sound like a snob, but it is fresh squeezed orange juice or nothing; i'll drink my champagne/vodka/gin/tequila neat.
GrumpyYoungMan and Beachfun71 like this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 2:46 am

Some fresh items are being handed out for no charge on 3 class flights.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 1:48 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
It looks like AA now offers:
Dip & Cheese Mezze Plate for $9
Asian Chicken Shaker Salad for $11
Orzo Pesto Shaker Salad for $11

Old Mar 22, 2023, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond for Life
Glad you brought this thread up - I was just about to create a new one!

Been on a few flights lately between ORD and PHX, with nothing available in coach. Last week I held the up the food/beverage/entertainment card and pointed at the Charcuterie Tray… FA apologized and said that “no food was loaded on this flight”. She acted like it was a surprise. Today, returning from PHX… no f/b/e card in the seat back pockets. I looked around to as many seats as I could see, and I didn’t see cards at any seats. I asked the FA if there were snacks on the plane, and she said no.

at least she was generous with the Tito’s.

Edit: I never read the distance and time qualifiers until now. My fault, but ugh…

Last edited by Beachfun71; Mar 22, 2023 at 2:26 pm
Old Mar 22, 2023, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
It's great to see more options being added, but they really need to add this to flights shorter than 1300 miles. Does anybody know why they limit it like that? I would assume they make money selling these, so they would want to have them in as many flights as possible.
Hoi polloi likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by upinsmoke
It's great to see more options being added, but they really need to add this to flights shorter than 1300 miles. Does anybody know why they limit it like that? I would assume they make money selling these, so they would want to have them in as many flights as possible.
Agreed. It's not like these snacks take any prep work, so I'm not sure why they haven't made them available on shorter flights now.

The VAST majority of my flying is <1000 miles. It would be nice to have some options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.