Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Buy on Board

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2023, 7:03 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by remedy
PHX => IAH was 1010 miles so that explains that flight, but PHX => CMH was 1670 with no substantive snacks available.

Fingers crossed for BOS! Upgraded on the way back and already selected my meal!
I've never had buy on board options going CMH-PHX or PHX-CMH. Is it because the plane overnights in Columbus instead of PHX, and they don't load catering at either end?
Old May 6, 2023, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
They really need to just align BOB with the meal flights. Or is AA really just trying to be cheap by not providing EXPs free food on routes like DCA-DFW or DFW-LAX lol.
Old May 6, 2023, 6:48 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
I've never had buy on board options going CMH-PHX or PHX-CMH. Is it because the plane overnights in Columbus instead of PHX, and they don't load catering at either end?
Us either. We fly that route a lot (also an impossible upgrade - even with $+miles).
Old May 6, 2023, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
PHX-KOA - NO salad shakers in row 8 of the A321Neo and FA looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for one. She checked with another FA, who said none were loaded, but I was offered 2-for-1 salami/cheese/processed thing, which, given the flight length, I gratefully accepted after a short stint with limited offerings and no seats in the high-end A Admirals Club in PHX.

KOA-PHX - Nada.Zip.Zilch. Other than a double helping of biscotti. Extremely pathetic.
Old May 7, 2023, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by remedy
Us either. We fly that route a lot (also an impossible upgrade - even with $+miles).
I did CMH-PHX-CMH twice in April and went 1/4 on upgrades as an EXP. It's particularly rough-- no idea why, really.
Old May 7, 2023, 10:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
I did CMH-PHX-CMH twice in April and went 1/4 on upgrades as an EXP. It's particularly rough-- no idea why, really.
There's no LAX flight, so a lot of west coast connections get routed through that PHX flight, and there's only one a day. It's the same reason that medium sized city-SLC is such a tough upgrade on DL.
Old May 8, 2023, 10:12 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
My flight easily had 6 food items bought in the three rows in front of us, where our row was each provided a Mezze Dip. I can't believe AA can't make money off of this, if people are willing to buy a $4 can of pringles or small snack. Easily could be expanded to the meal flights of 900+ or the 2+ hour flights.
Old May 9, 2023, 5:21 am

Few buy on board options have nerfed the value of the Barclay's Silver card for me. I try to buy up to $25 of snacks on every flight over 1300 miles, but half the time, there aren't any loaded. Then the other half, the FA gives me whatever I want (even last time 3 cans of Pringles) and refuses the card. Oh well!
sxpsxpsxp and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 7:30 am

Has anyone been on the PHX-Hawaii routes recently? Are the expanded buy on board options regularly available on these 7+ hour flights?
Old Nov 19, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: AA Platinum, oneworld Sapphire, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, National Ex Elite, Hertz PC
(sorry double post)
Old Nov 19, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: AA Platinum, oneworld Sapphire, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, National Ex Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dc10forlife
Has anyone been on the PHX-Hawaii routes recently? Are the expanded buy on board options regularly available on these 7+ hour flights?
Flew this route last week. No buy on board options at all. Not even pretzels offered. Getting really sick and tired of Biscoff....
Old Nov 19, 2023, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
They really need to just align BOB with the meal flights. Or is AA really just trying to be cheap by not providing EXPs free food on routes like DCA-DFW or DFW-LAX lol.
A lot of times, the cabin crew simply doesn't have anything to give to CKs and EXPs. Last month, I had to book a MIA LAX ticket at the last minute and J was already sold out; I was in row 14 on the 772 and the only item for sale that they had was the fruit and cheese plate which the cabin crew did give me for free.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:07 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Anyone know what the current offerings are in the back?
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by safari ari
Anyone know what the current offerings are in the back?
Pringles, almonds and a fruit and cheese plate. If you're lucky and they catered any. Flights over 1300 miles.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:27 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by upinsmoke
Pringles, almonds and a fruit and cheese plate. If you're lucky and they catered any. Flights over 1300 miles.
I had the fruit and cheese plate proactively given to me a couple weeks ago on DFW-RDU (I'm EXP).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.