Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 1005 flight hits, breaks off light pole at DFW 29 May 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA 1005 flight hits, breaks off light pole at DFW 29 May 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2021, 8:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DrinkSlinger
Incompetence isn’t grounds for dismissal?
Doesn’t look great, but hard to tell if there’s any structural damage.

Pinnacle changed its name to Endeavor when they exited chapter 11 reorganization. They didn’t cease to exist.
Saying they don’t exist anymore would be the equivalent of saying AA ceased to exist when AMR filed for chapter 11 in November last year.
I really fail to see the connection between a Delta Connection air carrier and an incident involving an AA plane, maybe you can explain it to all of us?
Old Jun 2, 2021, 8:49 pm
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
Originally Posted by FlyEndeavorAir
I really fail to see the connection between a Delta Connection air carrier and an incident involving an AA plane, maybe you can explain it to all of us?
Simply pointing out that Pinnacle didn’t cease to exist when they changed their name, as you claimed.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by DrinkSlinger
Pinnacle changed its name to Endeavor when they exited chapter 11 reorganization. They didn’t cease to exist.
Saying they don’t exist anymore would be the equivalent of saying AA ceased to exist when AMR filed for chapter 11 in 2011.
In fairness, Endeavor was formed from not only Pinnacle but also Mesaba and Colgan (which if you ask me is the sketchiest of the pre-merger partners). That said, the resulting carrier seems to have had a far better reputation than any of its predecessors and is by no stretch the worst of the regional operations out there (looking at you Mesa).

At any rate, the point is moot because AA seems to have problems on its own within its pilot group. They certainly seem to have a knack for running into things on the airport surface, though this incident is far less concerning than the AA300 situation.
enviroian, wrp96 and FlyDeltaMD88 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.