Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2020, 7:39 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Yet they're still not doing any in flight F&B.

DL are bizarre.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kb9522
Is bringing in food from any of the restaurants open in the terminal banned?

Answer: Nope, so there goes that theory.
So can I take my "grab and go" lunch bag from the PHL Centurion lounge and eat in at the PHL Admiral's Club?

That's one twisted world, but it could be useful for me.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
In normal cases, the consumption of outside food & beverages is prohibited in any AC. ( general rules )
I have seen this policy being applied at some locations and I have had occasions that I noticed club agents that didn't care.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 12:07 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
In normal cases, the consumption of outside food & beverages is prohibited in any AC. ( general rules )
I have seen this policy being applied at some locations and I have had occasions that I noticed club agents that didn't care.
That rule has been gone for ages. Like the last recession....
Old Dec 17, 2020, 7:02 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Originally Posted by HNL
That rule has been gone for ages. Like the last recession....
I think the only rule against consuming outside food and drinks that remains concerns alcoholic drinks..most likely due to local ordinances..
Old Dec 17, 2020, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
So can I take my "grab and go" lunch bag from the PHL Centurion lounge and eat in at the PHL Admiral's Club?

Did exactly that 2 weeks ago.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 10:03 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Visited the reopened RDU AC yesterday;

I was wondering if they'd use the down time to renovate the club, it's one of the few that looks as it did pre-merger, but it's still the same

In addition to packaged bagels, muffins, eggs, cereal and yogurt there was a hot container of scrambled eggs at the bar. It's great having my hub club back.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 11:11 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Flew yesterday (17-Dec) and LAX Admirals Club T4 still closed with to-go bags of chips and cookies, plus coffee. They made it sound like the closure will last for quite some time due to local health restrictions (into January, anyway). Terminal does have a decent amount of vendors operating compared to my last trip so there are other food options available for purchase.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 1:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I noticed MIA D30 has salads and dressing this week. Another positive step.

Old Dec 18, 2020, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by CMK10
I agree. DFW A had those about two weeks ago. Unfortunately you need 3 or 4 of the cups to make a decent size salad. The quality of the lettuce, etc was very good.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by CMK10

DFW A and C have the salad and guacamole stations and C has a Mac and cheese station open. Can confirm well liquor is looking better, was given Svedka in a glass! botttle today

good to see some improvements there. And the poster above about the outside food must be flying too much Delta these days - they sure are nazis around outside food, but AA has not cared at all in the last 7-10 years
Old Dec 19, 2020, 1:15 am

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by iahphx

Yes. Or any of the myriad of other restaurants in PHL that from the looks of it (and certainly from the pungent smell) are still open.

You can also still order food and drink at the bar (what else is the incidental fee credit useful for these days?) and consume it in the club.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 6:43 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
The AC in the old flagship lounge at jfk has avocado toast and a scrambled eggs bar, but they closed it at 8:30am today—seems a bit early but there’s barely any flights here so I guess that makes sense. Lounge is mostly empty.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 6:50 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by donotblink
The AC in the old flagship lounge at jfk has avocado toast and a scrambled eggs bar, but they closed it at 8:30am today—seems a bit early but there’s barely any flights here so I guess that makes sense. Lounge is mostly empty.
That’s right when the 9am to LAX starts boarding so I wonder if it’s timed that way because of that?
Old Dec 19, 2020, 8:08 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
That’s right when the 9am to LAX starts boarding so I wonder if it’s timed that way because of that?
idk, I’m here for a flight to EGE that just boarded a few minutes ago, so I definitely could have missed it if I hadn’t showed up quite so early.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.