Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2020, 9:23 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by cmd320
Interesting, over on the Delta side they make you take your food and drinks outside the club to consume.
Yes, it’s quite odd because I was at the LAX AC just a week and a half ago and it was to go only.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dw
Yes, it’s quite odd because I was at the LAX AC just a week and a half ago and it was to go only.
I wonder if lounges recently got some kind of exemption from this.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by downinit
I was at the LAX lounge until 9pm on Wednesday and can report that everything was normal for a Covid-era lounge. Eating and drinking was allowed inside, self-serve wrapped food items were available, along with the self-serve coffee machine. Soup and mac n cheese was available from the bar, along with the full bar menu. Not sure if anything changes today, but nothing out of the ordinary so far.

I also finally made it to the Alaska lounge in T6 (gotta get some use of my Priority Pass). The cold food items and coffee machine were blocked off, to be requested by the staff. Neither lounge had assigned seating, and both allowed walking up to the bar to order.
Same experience in the LAX AS lounge on Monday, basically a little more space between seats, and staff had to hand you the food over the roped off area (not sure how this makes it any safer with more hands transacting, but whatever). Bar was walk up and had no issue eating/drinking at the long tables.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 11:49 pm
Formerly known as billinaz

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by jhalapin
Enjoy your avo toast and bagel
With the PHX AC closed until 9 and restaurants closed we likely won't get any food until then. The bagel will have to do. No eggs I guess?
Old Nov 27, 2020, 9:53 am

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by SpaceCoastBill
With the PHX AC closed until 9 and restaurants closed we likely won't get any food until then. The bagel will have to do. No eggs I guess?
PHX opens at 8AM unless they changed it since I was there a couple of weeks ago and there were a bunch of fast food places open. McDonalds in B is open if you are into Egg McMuffins

They will have cold boiled eggs in single serve containers as well as diced up eggs for the avo toast.

On a positive note....The Centurion Club just opened at PHX and they will have plenty of food options (hot and cold) if you can get in.....
Old Nov 27, 2020, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
PHX AC near gate A7 is now open from 8 am till 7:30 pm.
Previously, this club closed at 5 pm.

Old Nov 28, 2020, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, UA-PS, SkyMiles, Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Food and Beverage service at LAX

LAX Lounge on 11/14. No consumption of food inside the lounge was allowed. A staff member would pick your food selections from this table and bag it for consumption on board. Drinks, served by a bartender could, however, be consumed in the lounge. Also, there was additonal food the could be purchased, again bagged for on-board consumption.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 9:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by POSHtravelier

LAX Lounge on 11/14. No consumption of food inside the lounge was allowed. A staff member would pick your food selections from this table and bag it for consumption on board. Drinks, served by a bartender could, however, be consumed in the lounge. Also, there was additonal food the could be purchased, again bagged for on-board consumption.
lol I have such a hard time with the stupidity of the COVID rules in CA. I can drink from a cup of booze or soft drink handled by staff but I can’t eat from a
cup of food handled by staff. Not that this is anything new. For perspective, I’ve flown twice a month all year... not a sniffle and I’m willing to bet, my good fortune has zero to do with these dumb rules.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 7:33 am

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Tack
lol I have such a hard time with the stupidity of the COVID rules in CA. I can drink from a cup of booze or soft drink handled by staff but I can’t eat from a
cup of food handled by staff. Not that this is anything new. For perspective, I’ve flown twice a month all year... not a sniffle and I’m willing to bet, my good fortune has zero to do with these dumb rules.
I was in LA 2 weeks ago at the Hilton Universal City. Inside the hotel only the bar was open for all meals. You either had to take the food to your room or eat outside where it was about 45 degrees at breakfast. Could not even sip a beverage standing in the bar area. Same at Universal City Walk. Only outside consumption of food and beverage.

So, I go to the Burbank airport for my flight out on Friday morning early and all 3 restaurants were open for business, and no restriction on eating and drinking inside. I had a normal breakfast (eggs bacon toast) along with coffee and juice while sitting in the common table area between the 2 restaurants.

So I guess BUR had different rules then the rest of the LA area? Not that I'm complaining. It was nice to sit inside for a meal, even if it was at the airport.....
Old Nov 29, 2020, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by jhalapin
I was in LA 2 weeks ago at the Hilton Universal City. Inside the hotel only the bar was open for all meals. You either had to take the food to your room or eat outside where it was about 45 degrees at breakfast. Could not even sip a beverage standing in the bar area. Same at Universal City Walk. Only outside consumption of food and beverage.

So, I go to the Burbank airport for my flight out on Friday morning early and all 3 restaurants were open for business, and no restriction on eating and drinking inside. I had a normal breakfast (eggs bacon toast) along with coffee and juice while sitting in the common table area between the 2 restaurants.

So I guess BUR had different rules then the rest of the LA area? Not that I'm complaining. It was nice to sit inside for a meal, even if it was at the airport.....
LA City (Universal, LAX) vs LA County (BUR). And then you have LA vs OC and even Pasadena within LA County following different rules. It’s just people trying to interpret things, and likely coming down to individual health inspectors. I’ll just file this under everyone trying to do their best in a terribly difficult time, and I don’t expect perfection.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Does anyone know whether international passengers with lounge access (by their cabin and/or status) still receive complimentary premium drinks in the AC?

-FlyerBeek
Old Nov 29, 2020, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Does anyone know whether international passengers with lounge access (by their cabin and/or status) still receive complimentary premium drinks in the AC?

-FlyerBeek
I believe this was cut but not 💯
Old Nov 29, 2020, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold

-FlyerBeek
Unfortunately, the free premium drink perk has been suspended since the re-opening of the clubs; even Flagship First passengers on international routes are required to pay for premium drinks.
Only house beer and house wine ( alcoholic options ) are free for everyone regardless of route, travel class, membership and status.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Unfortunately, the free premium drink perk has been suspended since the re-opening of the clubs; even Flagship First passengers on international routes are required to pay for premium drinks.
Only house beer and house wine ( alcoholic options ) are free for everyone regardless of route, travel class, membership and status.
Thanks for the quick reply. I was afraid that would be the case. One would think the drink perk actually promotes more social distancing since money/cards don't need to be exchanged? I guess COVID can tell whether your premium drink is complimentary or not (of course, I realize this is really a cost savings measure).

-FlyerBeek
Old Nov 29, 2020, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the quick reply. I was afraid that would be the case. One would think the drink perk actually promotes more social distancing since money/cards don't need to be exchanged? I guess COVID can tell whether your premium drink is complimentary or not (of course, I realize this is really a cost savings measure).

-FlyerBeek
I don't know if it was the case before COVID but most AC's that I visited after COVID didn't accept cash but only credit cards. However, people were still handing in tips in cash to the bartenders.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.